No 97 clips yet. anywhere. man this is tight

nicky6

yeah mee too snowdog. couldn't wait for this and its all worth it, hopefully next year they will put the full show out, until then. iam all over this.. I belleive this is rush at their last best.. they look cool, sound great and this is the coolest both neil and al looked..

Good one... :syrinx:

Is it confirmed that the audio is from the Molson show and not synched from another show?

I ask this because the editing in this is quite busy. There are a lot of cuts and no shot appears to be held longer very much longer than three seconds and many quick cuts would have been necessary to acheive this.

Also at 2:07 Neil appears to do a couple of symbol strikes but they're inaudible, at least to me. Is it the mixing or is it indeed audio from another show?

As far as the editing, it is just as quickly cut as most of their recent shows but there is less camera coverage so less different angles to cut to and the stage itself is less busy so there is less clutter in the frame so it has the illusion of being smoother editing-wise over the Clockwork Angels tour (as well as better shot to shot editing choices), but it is quite frenetic and fast-paced editing wise. The average shot duration seems to be about two seconds (Neil especially seems to be cut pretty short at times).

That being said, I quite like the use of "dutch" camera angles (camera tilted) especially when the camera is moving and most prominent near the beginning. Gives this show it's own unique style compared to the others.

This could quite possibly be the best live document of this band if it's ever released in full. Especially considering the quality audio.

Perhaps they released the clips this way to increase demand for a full release?

Edited by savagegrace26

I was worried about it too before release but I'm now confident it's the original genuine audio. It certainly would have been possible to dub from another show given the right cuts and enough other audio and I was worried it might have been like the 1998 Closer to the Heart video (which is awesome in its own right) where the "new" video in it is from Toronto and the audio is from Chicago.

By the way, you guys can go back to read my comments on my video but I'm going to put probably one more video up today but they'll be coming down in a couple days. Should be up soon so keep checking.

• Like 1

I was worried about it too before release but I'm now confident it's the original genuine audio. It certainly would have been possible to dub from another show given the right cuts and enough other audio and I was worried it might have been like the 1998 Closer to the Heart video (which is awesome in its own right) where the "new" video in it is from Toronto and the audio is from Chicago.

By the way, you guys can go back to read my comments on my video but I'm going to put probably one more video up today but they'll be coming down in a couple days. Should be up soon so keep checking.

What song are you putting up? Will you post a link on here again. Thank you!!!

Edited by presto123

It's awesome alright. As I said on the comments, those three songs are all I can upload since they're on the completist disc which is a dvd. The other 9 songs from this show are on bluray so I can't even load it in my computer. Glad you enjoyed though. As much as I enjoyed Resist in its acoustic form I was always hoping we'd get the electric version on video someday. I saw 5 shows on the TFE tour and Resist always was a standout. And they're just on fire on Natural Science here, too.
  • Like 2

It's awesome alright. As I said on the comments, those three songs are all I can upload since they're on the completist disc which is a dvd. The other 9 songs from this show are on bluray so I can't even load it in my computer. Glad you enjoyed though. As much as I enjoyed Resist in its acoustic form I was always hoping we'd get the electric version on video someday. I saw 5 shows on the TFE tour and Resist always was a standout. And they're just on fire on Natural Science here, too.

Can you tell a difference in the Video quality of the blu ray compared to DVD?

Well, I still have a large 61" 4:3 TV and the songs on the dvd fill up the full screen and ones on the bluray essentially have black borders all the way around because they're formatted for HD widescreen TVs. So what I'm saying is that they're scaled differently which makes direct comparisons kind of hard. I doubt there's any difference because I don't think the video is HD but then again you need to ask someone else because I just can't tell.

Thanks for sharing and therefore helping me to relive, even a bit of, that beautiful show. :cheers:

What a night and tour it was. :rush: Stunning!