Segue Myle's Descent Into Self-Indulgence: My Top Ten Favourite Albums Of All Time (As Of 2014)

Segue Myles

The Black Crowes. not gonna say i disliked them.

they're just not my style.

but they are good at that style........very good.

great even.

Mick

I know they're not really your cup, but I was glad that you tried 'em out some more, a few months ago...

In addition to my love for their songwriting, they consistently put on the best live rock and roll shows I've ever seen.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

Well personally I think the lyrics are atrocious and that if he is proud of his work, good for him but I don't like them at all.

I think even if he spent years on it, the album is more pulp fiction that an epic for the ages.

It is rubbish.

Good you don't feel that way. Pleased.

But not everyone agrees, or think that the effort paid off.

In fact to me it sounds like they exaggerated the effort they put in. It sounds tired, generic and lazy.

Not anyone ever agrees on anything, BUT the critic reviews have been very favorable as have fan reviews. So you can act like this album is a failure for the band because you don't like it, but the wider view says otherwise.

Well personally I think the lyrics are atrocious and that if he is proud of his work, good for him but I don't like them at all.

I think even if he spent years on it, the album is more pulp fiction that an epic for the ages.

It is rubbish.

In fact to me it sounds like they exaggerated the effort they put in. It sounds tired, generic and lazy.

Not anyone ever agrees on anything, BUT the critic reviews have been very favorable as have fan reviews. So you can act like this album is a failure for the band because you don't like it, but the wider view says otherwise.

Why should worry about common consensus?

Does my opinion mean nothing? Am I not allowed my own view? Are we living in a dystopia world where all hearts must beat as one, and all our thought, feelings and opinions need to work in synchronisation?

No. We don't.

I have every right to dislike an album. I have just as much right to share my thoughts. You have every right to disagree but I would rather you care more about your own views in an argument than have the weight of everyone else's back you up.

great even.

Mick

I know they're not really your cup, but I was glad that you tried 'em out some more, a few months ago...

In addition to my love for their songwriting, they consistently put on the best live rock and roll shows I've ever seen.

I got distracted from them but they hooked me from the start!

• Like 1

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Pet sounds is critically and fan praised up the ass for fricken' ever..........i hate it.

like loath it.......despite attempts.

Mick

• Like 1

great even.

Mick

I remember that you took the plunge with them right before your trip to the Nightwish show at Wembley...and that the first music you listened to that day, before the gig that evening, was Amorica.

I was so proud, haha!

• Like 1

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Pet sounds is critically and fan praised up the ass for fricken' ever..........i hate it.

Mick

I must admit, the Tick approach to this subject is justified...

JOKING

• Like 1

great even.

Mick

I remember that you took the plunge with them right before your trip to the Nightwish show at Wembley...and that the first music you listened to that day, before the gig that evening, was Amorica.

I was so proud, haha!

I was not in the mood for Nightwish that morning (o dear that sounds awful haha)!

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

look if there was a law that said dislike of Pet Sounds is punishable by death.

well i wounldn't be here now, lol

Mick

• Like 1

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

Mick

BOO YOU ARE WRONG TALK NICE OR SHUT UP EAT MEH POO LOVE YA BUDDY CHILL OUT ITS OWN CAPS LOCK GONE WACK WITH NO PUNCTUATION O DEAR I AM HUNGRY MUST FETCH SANDWICH

• Like 1

Anyway, back to Blue J's review...

I do find the cover art no worse than some of Roxy Music's classics (think: Country Life).

Talk about a fuss over nothing...

I do find the cover art no worse than some of Roxy Music's classics (think: Country Life).

although the image on here was so big........it literally smacked me in the face, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

although the image on here was so big........it literally smacked me in the face, lol

Mick

Its only a typical woman. As always, she overpacked her small suitcase.

• Like 2

Mick

Its only a typical woman. As always, she overpacked her small suitcase.

:laughing yellow guy:

• Like 1

Mick

There was a censored version that was released later- it was just the triangle-shaped bikini bottom on a solid black background.

• Like 1

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

Mick

BOO YOU ARE WRONG TALK NICE OR SHUT UP EAT MEH POO LOVE YA BUDDY CHILL OUT ITS OWN CAPS LOCK GONE WACK WITH NO PUNCTUATION O DEAR I AM HUNGRY MUST FETCH SANDWICH

If you are ripping on me you best chill out or you will NEVER have peace in any thread you post in. That, I promise.

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

Mick

If you are ripping on me you best chill out or you will NEVER have peace in any thread you post in. That, I promise.

I don't care. I've had worse on this forum from others. And I tried to settle things but I just gave up.

And you can't talk. You came into my own thread to slate my taste in music. You are a hypocrite and I wish you would just talk to someone else.

Edited by Segue Myles

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

Mick

I don't care. I've had worse on this forum from others. And I tried to settle things but I just gave up.

You are NOT trying to settle anything, you are purposely being a dick. You don't see that?

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

Mick

You are NOT trying to settle anything, you are purposely being a dick. You don't see that?

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

oh i need lunch

Mick

and by the way...

Lacuna Coil lyrics could be written by any 12 year old. So please....

It is rubbish.

So and What?

Mick

JOKING

Mick

I asked you to leave me alone and yet you carried this on.

I gave you a hint, you wouldn't drop it. I left the DT thread, you carried the drama on elsewhere.

So back at you.

• Like 1

and by the way...

And yet English is not their first language.

Something that surprised me about Dream Theater is that English actually is.

• Like 2

and by the way...

Awful lyrics... Period.

and by the way...

Awful lyrics... Period.

And somehow my entire eleven years of loving Lacuna Coil more than any other band has come to an end because you are butthurt we disagreed over Dream Theater.

You are right.

Everything you have said has turned me on to Dream Theater and I am in love with them.

Well done. You worked hard. They are terrific. Best band ever.

Lacuna Who?

Thanks for the wake up call.

• Like 1