It's "ROCK OR BUST" For AC/DC! "PLAY BALL!"

RUSHHEAD666

I've listened to it a few times now. Disclosure, I love the Johnson era. That said, this is maybe their best album since For Those About to Rock and Flick of the Switch, although I'm not sure how much that opinion is owing to the newness of the album. We'll see if I feel that way after the 10th listen.

Wow... thats high praise. My previously tepid interest has officially been piqued.

I'm a fan, so I can find something I enjoy about all of their albums. But I can't remember enjoying all of the songs on an album this much since the early 80s. I think part of the reason is the album is extremely short, for current times, less than 40 minutes total. So there's no fat on it.

My favorite ACDC album is FTATR (along with Powerage), and I love Flick, which, to date, IMO is their last truly great album.

I listened to the preview clips on itunes and they sound great. Immediate purchase. Will give some full listens over my work commute and report back. Fun to have a new ACDC album to consume after all these years.

Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

Three full spins into the album and Im really enjoying it. At this early stage, Im going to say this is their most consistent and satisfying album in years. No real clunkers. Brian's voice is markedly improved, strong. And its not top heavy like most of their other latter day releases. Favorites include: Miss Adventure, Dogs of War (heavy!), Rock the House... Recommended! Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

Three full spins into the album and Im really enjoying it. At this early stage, Im going to say this is their most consistent and satisfying album in years. No real clunkers. Brian's voice is markedly improved, strong. And its not top heavy like most of their other latter day releases. Favorites include: Miss Adventure, Dogs of War (heavy!), Rock the House... Recommended!

The "no real clunkers" part is what struck me too. Black Ice reminds me of so many albums after FOTS, with too many songs that just aren't as solid as the better stuff on the album.

The nice thing about a new AC/DC album? It renews my interest in old AC/DC albums. Yesterday I had some fun with Fly on the Wall. After a couple of runs through Rock or Bust.

Try going further back... ;)

The nice thing about a new AC/DC album? It renews my interest in old AC/DC albums. Yesterday I had some fun with Fly on the Wall. After a couple of runs through Rock or Bust.

You could try going further forward.

• Like 1

and waste his time with stuff like black ice? not a good move for anyone

• Like 1

and waste his time with stuff like black ice? not a good move for anyone

Thanks. Saved me the trouble.... :)

Heard most of the album on youtube this week, and got it a minute ago at a megastore. On the first listen it seems to me it´s their best album since Ballbreaker, which I liked a lot. I didn´t care much for Stiff Upper Lip or Black Ice, but this one seems great so far. I´ll go for a long run later today, and plan on listening to it in full.

So I went through the whole album during my run. I still think it's a great effort. The riffs are much better, groovier and more remarkable than the ones in the previous albums. Angus' solos seem to be a little more restrained in the album, but that's ok. Brian's voice is solid as well. The boys already have a few shows booked, so let's see who will take the drumming duties. I think they will choose someone different than Simon Wright or Chris Slade...but let's wait and see.