Geddy Lee to Perform in "An Evening Of Who Music" Benefit Concert

Jag2112

Is he singing or just playing bass?

If he sings it'll most likely be The Seeker if they play it, since they did it on R30. Summertimes Blues as well, I guess for that matter.

If he doesn't sing though I won't be surprised. The more monster bass playing this gets out of him, the better. Especially when it's his take on Entwistle's parts, another monster bass player.

• Like 6

If he sings it'll most likely be The Seeker if they play it, since they did it on R30. Summertimes Blues as well, I guess for that matter.

If he doesn't sing though I won't be surprised. The more monster bass playing this gets out of him, the better. Especially when it's his take on Entwistle's parts, another monster bass player.

I think this is great. Hope we get to hear it. :)

Can you imagine if things had been different and he had been asked to be the bass player in The Who after John Entwistle died. That would've been wild.

• Like 1

Can you imagine if things had been different and he had been asked to be the bass player in The Who after John Entwistle died. That would've been wild.

:no:

:P

Why not? Couldn't have been a worst choice than Pino. I think it would be awesome to see Geddy playing Quadrophenia.

• Like 1

Why not? Couldn't have been a worst choice than Pino. I think it would be awesome to see Geddy playing Quadrophenia.

Isn't it obvious? :LOL:

No, not really.

Why do you think Pino Palladino was a bad choice? I'm not saying you are wrong but just curious!

Because he's like the completely opposite from John E. in playing style. I can't think of any bassist out there offhand that would be a more bizarre choice except maybe Fieldy. :LOL:

how exciting! hopefully it'll be on YouTube somewhere because I'd love to watch.
  • Like 1

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

Fixed. :D

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

That's just too simplistic. I thought maybe you had another reason. :) I was just thinking that if for some reason Rush I had broken up I bet he would've been thrilled to have been asked to play with them. I would love to hear him play something other than Rush type music.

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

That's just too simplistic. I thought maybe you had another reason. :) I was just thinking that if for some reason Rush I had broken up I bet he would've been thrilled to have been asked to play with them. I would love to hear him play something other than Rush type music.

It's that simple,

You cannot replace either of them. I would not be interested if Geddy did what you suggest. His own band sure. Replacing a ledgend no.

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

It's that simple,

You cannot replace either of them. I would not be interested if Geddy did what you suggest. His own band sure. Replacing a ledgend no.

But you have no problem with Pino replacing John?

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

It's that simple,

I don't pay any attention to what The Who are doing these days. I only listen to their older material. They should have hung it up after "The Ox" passed away.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

It's that simple,

I don't pay any attention to what The Who are doing these days. I only listen to their older material. They should have hung it up after "The Ox" passed away.

Okay, just curious. I agree with you. :)

• Like 1

No, not really.

It's quite simple,

Geddy Lee = Rush

"The Ox" = The Who.

It's that simple,

Okay, just curious. I agree with you. :)

Just for the record,

I wouldn't have a problem with Geddy doing a special guest appearance kind of thing here and there. Just not a permanent band member.