Red Lenses: Gem or Turd?

fraroc

57 members have voted

1. 1. Is Red Lenses a Gem or a Turd

• Gem
    • Turd
    • Neither

Perhaps the first bad song the band made. Unfortunately, not the last.

Red Lenses is much better than Madrigal. Much, much better.

And Chemistry...

And The Twilight Zone...

And all of the debut.

:P

Fixed it for ya ;)

Daaaaammmmmnnnnn! That's harsh! Narpski is gonna hunt you down.

:madra:

:madra: Now I see red....

Yes, but do you hear cheesy casio-style sound effects, weak lyrics, and bad vocal delivery?

The debut?.... :huh:

If you take away the casio style sound effects ....

Okay, okay, I'll behave! :D

I will admit I am confused a bit here. Are we talking about The Twilight Zone or The Debut or both?.... :huh:

I'm talking about the debut :)

Thanks.....

On most of these questions i often ask myself for a second if i'm too biased coz every time i'm thinking why are people asking this...

This case in question for example, i cant grasp for a second why anyone would even contemplate for half a moment if red lenses was a turd.

Its brilliant. A brilliant part of a brilliant album which is rush perfection.

Granted it was almost a kind of experiment in dance music if you like by the band, at a time when they were moving into a whole new sound, but the end result is awesomely successful and still pretty fresh today.

I love grace under pressure and every single note on it. Red Lenses rocks and if you dont get it i'm kind of sad for you :)

• Like 1

Here's another question: is it possible that Red Lenses is the most experimental the band has ever been, (for the time it was produced)? I'm not just talking about a "departure" from what came before (you might argue that everything they did after the first album was a departure). Someone might say that Vital Signs was them experimenting with a different approach, but Red Lenses really seems to stand apart.
  • Like 1

Red Lenses is a heavy metal monster?

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

It's a funk rock experiment, and one that went well at that.

I don't believe in you Len in this area, not at all, not even a scintilla. So I have to dismiss your comments out of hand. Is that ok? :unsure:

• Like 1

Where's Earl? I want his opinion on this "gem" of a song.

He's out searching the streets of Oakland, California for metal and hard rock albums! :haz:

Well when he gets back, maybe he will chime in with his expert analysis and opinion.

Where's Earl? I want his opinion on this "gem" of a song.

He's out searching the streets of Oakland, California for metal and hard rock albums! :haz:

Well when he gets back, maybe he will chime in with his expert analysis and opinion.

Aye let's hope so! :sundog:

Red Lenses is a heavy metal monster?

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

It's a funk rock experiment, and one that went well at that.

It is?

It did?

:unsure:

Yeah, I hear it and I immediately think disco.

• Like 1

its better than wish them well, but not a classic by any means

Agreed but being better than Wish Them Well is real easy...
  • Like 5

To be completely honest, I'd take Wish Them Well, over Red Lenses, simply because of the sound of Neil's snare and bass drums

To be completely honest, I'd take Wish Them Well, over Red Lenses, simply because of the sound of Neil's snare and bass drums

I'd take Wish Them Well over Red Lenses because it's about a million times better. Red Lenses is crap.

• Like 4

I'd take Wish Them Well over Red Lenses because it's about a million times better. Red Lenses is crap.

That it is.

• Like 2

I don't know what's wrong with all of you. Red lenses is awesome, and it builds to the emotion filled climax in a completely unique way, different from every other Rush song. FANTASTIC drumming. FANTASTIC synth work
  • Like 3