What would you ask the Rush wives if you met them?

x1yyz

If you had the chance to chat with the guys' wives, what questions would you ask them? Is there anything you've been wondering about them, or their perspective on the band? I know I'm curious about a few things...

I'd ask them all:

Do you like Rush's music? If not, why not?

The hardships aside, don't you think it's kinda cool being married to a popular rock star?

Do you have difficulty being appreciated for yourself and your accomplishments, rather than people always thinking of you as "So & So's Wife"?

Plus, for Mrs. Alex: Is Alex as much of a goofball at home as he sometimes acts in public?

For Mrs. Geddy: I heard Geddy met you because you are the sister of one of his friends. Did you like him because he was in a band, or in spite of it?

For Mrs. Neil: How has it been marrying into the Rush "family"? Are you glad you did it?

Many many things. But discussing their personal lives has always been discouraged here.

So, to keep it superficial:

I'd like to know what their personal favorite Rush song and album are.

I want to say that both Mrs. Alex and Mrs. Geddy have my absolute respect and most sincere admiration. As a woman, I can't imagine what they've been through with a missing in action husband throughout the years

• Like 1

Not sure but 2 more posts and you reach the hallowed halls.... :cheers: :rose: :)

Aaand here we go!

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/2112badge_000_zpsec38423f.jpg

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 7

I'm not sure I'd want to ask them much except how they managed to deal with having the guys gone so much. That must have been difficult at times. Even more so for the kids. I just get that visual stereotype of the poor kid at a school play and the mom saying "daddy can't make it to your play honey, he's off touring the world with the band."
  • Like 1

I wonder what Spaghetti Lee is going to say?

He seems to be fascinated with chutes of various types. Especially Neils.

It will be someting about how Neil's wife feels about all the time Neil and Brutus spend together.

• Like 3

I wonder what Spaghetti Lee is going to say?

He seems to be fascinated with chutes of various types. Especially Neils.

It will be someting about how Neil's wife feels about all the time Neil and Brutus spend together.

Yeah, there's a lot of jealously going on there.

Why don't you come into TRF chat like Chris Squire's wife did?

(This thread reminds me of the time someone came into chat and claimed to be Squire's wife, and as some people were trying to ask her questions, Zumbi chased her away by saying stuff like, IF YOU ARE REALLY WIFE OF CHRIS SQUIRE, ASK HIM WHY HE DOES NOT PLAY BASS AS WELL AS GEDDY LEE. :LOL:)

• Like 6

(This thread reminds me of the time someone came into chat and claimed to be Squire's wife, and as some people were trying to ask her questions, Zumbi chased her away by saying stuff like, IF YOU ARE REALLY WIFE OF CHRIS SQUIRE, ASK HIM WHY HE DOES NOT PLAY BASS AS WELL AS GEDDY LEE. :LOL:)

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: Gotta love that Zumbi sometimes! When they made him, they broke the mold!! :LOL:

• Like 4

I remember that! :LOL:

• Like 2

I remember that! :LOL:

I wish I had been there. :LOL:

• Like 1

I'd ask Neil's wife the following:

MOD EDIT: post deleted for inappropriate content.

I hope you've got a good lawyer and a soap on a rope.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I'll bail him out (pun intended) by omitting his post.

Couldn't you have waited until I screen-capped it? Now my collections incomplete :(

• Like 3

I'll bail him out (pun intended) by omitting his post.

Couldn't you have waited until I screen-capped it? Now my collections incomplete :(

Sorry about that. Nowadays it's extremely rare for us to edit a post like that, but Spaghetti crossed a line there.

• Like 1