Should Geddy retire due to his voice?

antiquark

Should Geddy retire due to his voice?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should Geddy retire due to his voice?

• Yes
    • No

So i wonder, why was my suggestion that they tune everything down a half step ignored?...it would be for pretty much exactly the same reasons of 1979!

You're correct, in fact Rush already tunes down 2112 by a notch so Geddy can sing it. So they don't have any fundamental objection to tuning down.

So i wonder, why was my suggestion that they tune everything down a half step ignored?...it would be for pretty much exactly the same reasons of 1979!

You're correct, in fact Rush already tunes down 2112 by a notch so Geddy can sing it. So they don't have any fundamental objection to tuning down.

yeah, i mentioned that earlier in the thread...seems to me it would be an easy enough thing to do and I believe it would really help him.

They don't have a problem doing it now. Back in the day it just wasn't in option. Nobody did it. Half purist mentality and half not knowing any better.

For what it's worth seeing them live is different. Cause you are in a charged environment. I saw the TM tour. and looking back his vocals were not good. but in the moment. No one gives a shit, lol. it was so much fun.

Mick

• Like 5

For what it's worth seeing them live is different. Cause you are in a charged environment. I saw the TM tour. and looking back his vocals were not good. but in the moment. No one gives a shit, lol. it was so much fun.

Mick

:goodone: This ^^^^^^

They don't have a problem doing it now. Back in the day it just wasn't in option. Nobody did it. Half purist mentality and half not knowing any better.

back in the day they didn't NEED to do it.....boy, he does now.

Mick

Exactly. I saw several shows on TM, and was at the Cleveland concert too. They still got it!

He should do whatever he wants. Anyone who thinks he should retire should retire from attending the shows.

It's true that his voice is limited. It is also true that if he had had a vocal trainer/coach earlier in his career, he would have learned how to preserve more of his range and power. Nevertheless, some of the range is gonna go either way. I will admit, albeit reluctantly, that I don't particularly want to hear him sing Red Barchetta ever again; it signifies for me a painful listening experience "...limits of machine and man."

Having said that, the most annoying thing is people who go back to the concerts.. every.. single tour.. and complain about the same sh** ad naseum.

• Like 2

What a complete bullshit poll. Geddy may have lost a step vocally but certainly not to the point his singing isn't credible enough to keep going. Edited by Tick