Am I the only one who ... ?

Lorraine

ASOH looks like he's wearing a Racoon hat, lol.

Mick

Isn't that how Geddy himself refers to that unfortunate period?

I had a perm through some of the 80's so I get were Ged is coming from.... :)

I had a mullet a la Bono circa 1983.

• Like 1

Mick

Pics?.... :)

Am I the only one who thinks the Clockwork Angels Tour dvd was deliberately mixed poorly because they wanted people to blame vocal issues on the mix, or to confuse people as to where they true problem originates? Edited by savagegrace26

Am I the only one who thinks the Clockwork Angels Tour dvd was deliberately mixed poorly because they wanted people to blame vocal issues on the mix, or to confuse people as to where they true problem originates?

There are a lot of studio tricks they could've used to fix up the vocals on the live recordings. But they didn't, which is a real shame.

Mick

Pics?.... :)

Posted in the appropriate thread. I also realized I had a perm as well. Ah, the 80s :scared:

• Like 1

Am I the only one here who has Rush as the black sheep of their favorite bands. Every other artist I like is far and away from Rush.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the Clockwork Angels Tour dvd was deliberately mixed poorly because they wanted people to blame vocal issues on the mix, or to confuse people as to where they true problem originates?

There are a lot of studio tricks they could've used to fix up the vocals on the live recordings. But they didn't, which is a real shame.

I admire them for not resorting to cheap tricks and false enhancements to fix problems.

Regardless, a good mix is not "trickery", something that should have been done.

I admire them for not resorting to cheap tricks and false enhancements to fix problems.

No but they could have cleaned up Geds vocals a bit. It's just a matter of mixing in that case, and maybe giving him some enunciation lessons.

I don't have a cell phone.

I loathe coffee.. can barely stand to walk down that aisle in the supermarket without gagging.

RushBoingo: I grew up mainly on 80's "hair bands". The only other "prog" in my CD collection is some ELP, Kansas and Spock's Beard. None of which sound much like Rush either.

and now to reply to the original question and make lots of people say :wtf: :

... likes Body Electric much better than Afterimage?

...finds The Garden boring?

...would rather listen to any song on Presto rather than Cygnus X-1 Book 2?

...hasn't had a copy of CoS for about 20 years because everything listenable on it is on ATWAS?

...would rather hear a 20-minute loop of Dog Years rather than TFOL?

You may fire when ready :bang bang:

:cool:

I loathe coffee.. can barely stand to walk down that aisle in the supermarket without gagging.

RushBoingo: I grew up mainly on 80's "hair bands". The only other "prog" in my CD collection is some ELP, Kansas and Spock's Beard. None of which sound much like Rush either.

...hasn't had a copy of CoS for about 20 years because everything listenable on it is on ATWAS?

In response to your questions…

No, I don't very much like Afterimage.

Well, no, there are others who find The Garden boring, but I enjoy quite it.

No. I hate Hemispheres, but I love most of Presto. Trust me, you'll hear a lot of crap for that. I certainly have.

No. I hate Caress of Steel (except Bastille Day) with a passion, but the ATWAS version of Bastille Day is very good.

And no. I don't like The Fountain of Lamneth either. And I don't see anything wrong with Dog Years.

So, TRF, you can fire at both of us. :bang bang:

:o

• Like 1

I agree about the coffee. Although not completely because I enjoy the aroma.....

Am I the only one who thinks ABBA were secretly prog?

Am I the only one who thinks Yes "Awaken" is as good or better than Xanadu and "Close To The Edge" is at least as good or better than any Rush epic?.... :huh: :ph34r:

Am i the only one who admits to having overrated Clockwork Angels?

Am i the only one who admits to having overrated Clockwork Angels?

I did as well. I used to love it, but now it's around the middle of the pack. I would call it "great" but really I can only pick out 3 (1/2) classics: HF, CA, The Anarchist, and maybe The Garden. The others are mostly good but overall it's not nearly as good as I on e considered it.

• Like 2