Am I the only one who ... ?

Lorraine

Am I the only one who thinks that Rush should better celebrate their 40th anniversary by recording new material rather than touring?

Am I the only one who has never seen one Star Wars movie? Not even the first one that was all the rage when I was in high school....

Am I honestly the only one who like every single song, including the entire contents of Feedback?

I like all of their albums, I'm sure there's a song or two between 89-07 I dislike, but off the top of my head I can't think of any. even dog years has alex riffs, you know? there's some shit I'd rather not listen to again though. feedback, I can die without touching ever again.

some here would probably say that liking more than a handful of records by any band makes you a fanboy, but it's not like we can control what we like and dislike. and the fact that I like all their shit is why I'm on this forum and not on the forum for, say, genesis or judas priest.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who has never seen one Star Wars movie? Not even the first one that was all the rage when I was in high school....

No. We must have both crawled out from under the same boulder. :hi:

:cheers: seems so... :rose:

Am I the only one who loved spinach when I was a little girl? :)

Was gonna post "NOPE!" But then remembered I was never a little girl :/

• Like 3

I feel like I'm going to end up like you when I'm your age. I miss out on every single pop culture phenomenon of my generation - smartphones, frozen...I still haven't seen guardians of the galaxy either. hardly any movies released since about 2011, actually. since high school ended, I've had no way of knowing what my peers listen to. and I don't watch much new TV at all other than trailer park boys...

• Like 1

Am I honestly the only one who like every single song, including the entire contents of Feedback?

I like all of their albums, I'm sure there's a song or two between 89-07 I dislike, but off the top of my head I can't think of any. even dog years has alex riffs, you know? there's some shit I'd rather not listen to again though. feedback, I can die without touching ever again.

some here would probably say that liking more than a handful of records by any band makes you a fanboy, but it's not like we can control what we like and dislike. and the fact that I like all their shit is why I'm on this forum and not on the forum for, say, genesis or judas priest.

I couldn't say i like everything from any band I love. Not possible in my view with such a huge catalog. Rush, Yes, Priest etc.....
  • Like 1

To further illustrate how dinosaurish I am, we had (still do but she hasn't posted for about a year now) a member here named Amy Farrah Fowler. I always thought it was her real name. Only yesterday did I find out she is Sheldon Cooper's girl friend.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm going to end up like you when I'm your age. I miss out on every single pop culture phenomenon of my generation - smartphones, frozen...I still haven't seen guardians of the galaxy either. hardly any movies released since about 2011, actually. since high school ended, I've had no way of knowing what my peers listen to. and I don't watch much new TV at all other than trailer park boys...

Your fate could be worse. I have it all brother.... :cheers:

There are worse things that could happen you know. :cool:

To further illustrate how dinosaurish I am, we had (still do but she hasn't posted for about a year now) a member here named Amy Farrah Fowler. I always thought it was her real name. Only yesterday did I find out she is Sheldon Cooper's girl friend.

I didn't know it either until about a month ago. I was shocked to find out that my 80 year old father loves that show and has Big Bang pj's too :LOL: . I have never seen an episode personally....

I couldn't say i like everything from any band I love. Not possible in my view with such a huge catalog. Rush, Yes, Priest etc.....

I couldn't say it until I got into rush. and judging from what I'm into, I shouldn't enjoy a song like roll the bones or superconductor, but it just sorta worked out that way.

and even rush's lowest lows beat priest and yes's lowest lows for me! I'm just a fanboy, what can I say

• Like 1

There are worse things that could happen you know. :cool:

Your fate could be worse. I have it all brother.... :cheers:

haha I didn't mean it in a negative way. as long as you're happy

I couldn't say it until I got into rush. and judging from what I'm into, I shouldn't enjoy a song like roll the bones or superconductor, but it just sorta worked out that way.

and even rush's lowest lows beat priest and yes's lowest lows for me! I'm just a fanboy, what can I say

I learn something every day.... :codger:
  • Like 1

I learn something every day.... :codger:

take my word for it - test for echo beats the sans-halford priest records from the late 90s. :)