Bizarre spouse comments on Rush

tas7

Ironically my wife reckons Rush's best album is Caress of Steel

She is correct

Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 1

I had a girl act interested when I said I was a Rush fan. So I say " you like Rush too?"

She says "no but I like that you do. It shows you know good music"..

That made me feel good for some reason.. I think it was the honesty lol

:wacko: :D
  • Like 1

"What's that shit?"

My wife over the years always says Led Zeppelin (mostly as a joke because she never knows) when I quiz her on "what band is this" when a song comes on. Only two exceptions to that rule. Rush and Yes. She knows those two....

"What's that shit?"

My wife over the years always says Led Zeppelin (mostly as a joke because she never knows) when I quiz her on "what band is this" when a song comes on. Only two exceptions to that rule. Rush and Yes. She knows those two....

I remember you mentioning that on here before lol. I say she gets points for knowing Rush and Yes! And you get points for spelling Zeppelin properly! Sounds funny I know but everyone seems to spell it "zepplin"

• Like 2

Not a spouse story, but many years ago I was blasting Motorhead in my room and my mother bursted in shouting "You and that damned Rush... turn that down!"

Apparently, in my mother's ears, Geddy and Lemmy have the same voice?

:eh:

Sounds like she had an ear for decent bass players comparing Lem to Ged like that.. Gee what a swell mom you got :D

Not a spouse story, but many years ago I was blasting Motorhead in my room and my mother bursted in shouting "You and that damned Rush... turn that down!"

Apparently, in my mother's ears, Geddy and Lemmy have the same voice?

:eh:

Sounds like she had an ear for decent bass players comparing Lem to Ged like that.. Gee what a swell mom you got :D

LOL.... yeah.... that's not *exactly* how she heard or viewed things.

The hubby is familiar with a lot of Rush although he's not a fan. When they come up on shuffle he sometimes asks, "This is that band you like, isn't it?" But he will leave the room if I play too many songs in a row :(

I guess the up side is I only need to buy one ticket for each of the shows I go to, so it costs less :huh:

What's his favorite band?

He doesn't really listen to music (??!!) but he probably likes the Eagles the best.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with The Dude here

http://youtu.be/-JlmvtAHhnc

Too funny! An image of The Dude instantly popped into my head as I was reading this. :LOL:

I have to admit though, that there are some Eagles songs that I like, i.e. Victim of Love, Those Shoes, Out on the Border, Life in the Fast Lane, In the City… and yes, I do like Hotel California too (including the mariachi version from the aforementioned movie! :LOL:).

I do not have a wife......but...... My best friend whose a girl heard me listening to signals......and said this.

"Oh that's Gimppy Lee singing right?"

me: Yea....that would be GEDDY!!!!

lol.

Mick

What if Geddy's original name had not been Gary, but Barry, or Larry or Harry or Terry? Would he be known as Teddy Lee?

Oi, me melon . . . why did I drink all that red wine with dinner?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

my wife likes Rush, and actually went with me to see them during the Vapor Trails tour. About a third of the way through the show, she kept trying to peer around one of the pillars we were sitting behind. I asked her what she was doing, and she said she was looking for the fourth guy. I told her it there were only three, and she said "there is no way that three guys are making all this music." :)
  • Like 1

Managed to hook my computer through the TV and my amp which is a Cambridge Azur651 which allows the computer to use the amp for sound, I can really recommend. I was playing Hemispheres live from the Counterparts tour and my daughter Charlotte who is nine said to my wife, "Why is it always like this when dad plays Rush?" My wife asked why. Lottie responded, "Because it's loud."