The Rise of the Geeks; the reason Rush is now popular?

GeddyRulz

I don't understand why they were ever considered geeks. There was nothing geeky about them in the seventies, and there is definitely nothing geeky about them today. We should all be such geeks.

I don't know…writing 20-minute long epics inspired by Lord of the Rings seems pretty geeky to me.

How different is that than what Pink Floyd did? Or Days of Future Passed? Or Tommy? Or :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: the one and only Quadrophenia? :wub:

The word didn't even exist in the seventies. At least it didn't where I was from. You were either cool or not. That's it.

Not in my case..... :)

What's that you say, Narps?

Well,

You can't be cool if you have never eatin' a corn dog. :P

:LOL: :cool:

I meant I was not "cool". I am now but wasn't then.... :LOL: BTW I with be passing by a Sonic later today and have another opportunity for that first corn dog. Will it happen? I will take a selfie if it does.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2nWRoPKhnfk/T3CXZp35i-I/AAAAAAAAAPk/8YUDYxHZnfc/s1600/326-6.jpg

WTF? :laughing guy:

Now he will never try one. :LOL:

I decided against trying one again today.... :eh:
  • Like 1

I don't understand why they were ever considered geeks. There was nothing geeky about them in the seventies, and there is definitely nothing geeky about them today. We should all be such geeks.

I don't know…writing 20-minute long epics inspired by Lord of the Rings seems pretty geeky to me.

How different is that than what Pink Floyd did? Or Days of Future Passed? Or Tommy? Or :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: the one and only Quadrophenia? :wub:

The word didn't even exist in the seventies. At least it didn't where I was from. You were either cool or not. That's it.

Well,

I meant I was not "cool". I am now but wasn't then.... :LOL: BTW I with be passing by a Sonic later today and have another opportunity for that first corn dog. Will it happen? I will take a selfie if it does.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2nWRoPKhnfk/T3CXZp35i-I/AAAAAAAAAPk/8YUDYxHZnfc/s1600/326-6.jpg

Narpanillo: Do you like cornbread/corn muffins/hush puppies? And do you like hot dogs? If you said yes to both then you will love corn dogs. They normally don't come shaped like a dick :D

• Like 2

Well,

Narpanillo: Do you like cornbread/corn muffins/hush puppies? And do you like hot dogs? If you said yes to both then you will love corn dogs. They normally don't come shaped like a dick and balls :D

:LOL: Yes I like all of the ingredients generally. I had a hot dog on a bun with a just a touch of ketchup for lunch today. After I clear my head of this c**k and balls I will give it a try. I really appreciate your input concerning this matter.... :rose:

Well,

Narpanillo: Do you like cornbread/corn muffins/hush puppies? And do you like hot dogs? If you said yes to both then you will love corn dogs. They normally don't come shaped like a dick and balls :D

:LOL: Yes I like all of the ingredients generally. I had a hot dog on a bun with a just a touch of ketchup for lunch today. After I clear my head of this c**k and balls I will give it a try. I really appreciate your input concerning this matter.... :rose:

I knew it,

Chicken sh**!! :facepalm: :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance: :laughing guy: :P

Well,

I knew it,

Chicken sh**!! :facepalm: :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance: :laughing guy: :P

It will happen. I am sure of it.....

Well,

I knew it,

It's not his fault! Blame GeddysMullet!

Well,

I knew it,

It will happen. I am sure of it.....

When,

In the year 2112? :codger: :LOL: :P

Well,

I knew it,

No way,

He has plenty of chances before this. Like when your eight yrs.old. :P

Well,

I knew it,

No way,

He has plenty of chances before this. Like when your eight yrs.old. :P

Maybe GM was trying to encourage me. Not that there is anything wrong with that :) . Also she and I haven't spoken in while so maybe she figured I have possibly evolved some since then.... :LOL:
  • Like 2

Maybe GM was trying to encourage me. Not that there is anything wrong with that :) . Also she and I haven't spoken in while so maybe she figured I have possibly evolved some since then.... :LOL:

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

Apparently, that's what a corn dog looks like in Taiwan. I saw that a while back in a traveller's blog and I thought to myself "I really have to post that next time they mention a corn dog."

Don't image-search Google for "penis-shaped corn dog" unless you want to see some pictures that are even more upsetting than that one! ;) :LOL:

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 2

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

Apparently, that's what a corn dog looks like in Taiwan. I saw that a while back in a traveller's blog and I thought to myself "I really have to post that next time they mention a corn dog."

Don't image-search Google for "penis-shaped corn dog" unless you want to see some pictures that are even more upsetting than that one! ;) :LOL:

To late. Lack of curiosity is not an issue for me... :LOL:
  • Like 3

Well,

Wow, I think the little orphan Annie just gave her first bj... :7up:

• Like 4

Well,

That's a girl?

Well,

That's a girl?

That's what I was going to say. :LOL:

• Like 1

Well,

That's a girl?

She looks like a girl to me.

Well,

That's a girl?

It's not that simple anymore but it should be one of these:

• Agender
  • Androgyne
  • Androgynous
  • Bigender
  • Cis
  • Cisgender
  • Cis Female
  • Cis Male
  • Cis Man
  • Cis Woman
  • Cisgender Female
  • Cisgender Male
  • Cisgender Man
  • Cisgender Woman
  • Female to Male
  • FTM
  • Gender Fluid
  • Gender Nonconforming
  • Gender Questioning
  • Gender Variant
  • Genderqueer
  • Intersex
  • Male to Female
  • MTF
  • Neither
  • Neutrois
  • Non-binary
  • Other
  • Pangender
  • Trans
  • Trans*
  • Trans Female
  • Trans* Female
  • Trans Male
  • Trans* Male
  • Trans Man
  • Trans* Man
  • Trans Person
  • Trans* Person
  • Trans Woman
  • Trans* Woman
  • Transfeminine
  • Transgender
  • Transgender Female
  • Transgender Male
  • Transgender Man
  • Transgender Person
  • Transgender Woman
  • Transmasculine
  • Transsexual
  • Transsexual Female
  • Transsexual Male
  • Transsexual Man
  • Transsexual Person
  • Transsexual Woman
  • Two-Spirit

• Like 1

Well,

That's a girl?

• Agender
  • Androgyne
  • Androgynous
  • Bigender
  • Cis
  • Cisgender
  • Cis Female
  • Cis Male
  • Cis Man
  • Cis Woman
  • Cisgender Female
  • Cisgender Male
  • Cisgender Man
  • Cisgender Woman
  • Female to Male
  • FTM
  • Gender Fluid
  • Gender Nonconforming
  • Gender Questioning
  • Gender Variant
  • Genderqueer
  • Intersex
  • Male to Female
  • MTF
  • Neither
  • Neutrois
  • Non-binary
  • Other
  • Pangender
  • Trans
  • Trans*
  • Trans Female
  • Trans* Female
  • Trans Male
  • Trans* Male
  • Trans Man
  • Trans* Man
  • Trans Person
  • Trans* Person
  • Trans Woman
  • Trans* Woman
  • Transfeminine
  • Transgender
  • Transgender Female
  • Transgender Male
  • Transgender Man
  • Transgender Person
  • Transgender Woman
  • Transmasculine
  • Transsexual
  • Transsexual Female
  • Transsexual Male
  • Transsexual Man
  • Transsexual Person
  • Transsexual Woman
  • Two-Spirit

:LOL: :lol:

Well,

That's a girl?

• Agender
  • Androgyne
  • Androgynous
  • Bigender
  • Cis
  • Cisgender
  • Cis Female
  • Cis Male
  • Cis Man
  • Cis Woman
  • Cisgender Female
  • Cisgender Male
  • Cisgender Man
  • Cisgender Woman
  • Female to Male
  • FTM
  • Gender Fluid
  • Gender Nonconforming
  • Gender Questioning
  • Gender Variant
  • Genderqueer
  • Intersex
  • Male to Female
  • MTF
  • Neither
  • Neutrois
  • Non-binary
  • Other
  • Pangender
  • Trans
  • Trans*
  • Trans Female
  • Trans* Female
  • Trans Male
  • Trans* Male
  • Trans Man
  • Trans* Man
  • Trans Person
  • Trans* Person
  • Trans Woman
  • Trans* Woman
  • Transfeminine
  • Transgender
  • Transgender Female
  • Transgender Male
  • Transgender Man
  • Transgender Person
  • Transgender Woman
  • Transmasculine
  • Transsexual
  • Transsexual Female
  • Transsexual Male
  • Transsexual Man
  • Transsexual Person
  • Transsexual Woman
  • Two-Spirit

Or:

• Girl With Unfortunate Hair

• Like 1

Wow, dick on a stick! Somebody please submit the picture to George Takei's Facebook page, for a guaranteed "Oh myyyyy!" reaction.

I don't know what's more disturbing: the "veins" in the corn dog or the boyish girl with the 'fro. She looks like Johnny Whittaker and the pre-Thirtysomething Melanie Mayron had a kid. (Too obscure?)

http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/s/sigmundandtheseamonsters1-08.jpghttp://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11406-8094.jpg

Edited by GeddyRulz
  • Like 3

Wow, dick on a stick! Somebody please submit the picture to George Takei's Facebook page, for a guaranteed "Oh myyyyy!" reaction.

I don't know what's more disturbing: the "veins" in the corn dog or the boyish girl with the 'fro. She looks like Johnny Whittaker and the pre-Thirtysomething Melanie Mayron had a kid. (Too obscure?)

http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/s/sigmundandtheseamonsters1-08.jpghttp://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11406-8094.jpg

A Johnny Whittaker sighting/reference..... :LOL: Old School Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I was thinking more of a smiling Napoleon Dynamite

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzA2LzExLzlmL25hcG9sZWFuZHluLjcyZGJmLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/a7b5d49c/256/napolean-dynamite.jpg