Halo Effect - 10

Seven Cities of Gold - 6

The Wreckers - 6

Headlong Flight - 10

BU2B2 - As a segue 7, as a song 2

Wish Them Well - 3

The Garden - 10

Fixed mine

Borrowing your list to make mine. I am lazy....

Caravan- 10

BU2B- 10

Clockwork Angels- 10

The Anarchist- 8

Carnies- 8

Halo Effect- 8

Seven Cities Of Gold- 10

The Wreckers- 9

Headlong Flight- 10

BU2B2- 8

Wish Them Well- 8

The Garden- 9

You're spot on IMO. Five all-time greats on the album...maybe 7. Anarchist is higher for me with a nine

Thanks!

I do sometimes find myself a little hard on this album, I am not as mad about it as I was when it first came out, and the production leaves plenty of room for improvement, but the songs themselves are fantastic!

I love Seven Cities, and it always surprises me how I am in the minority on that one.

Caravan - 8

BU2B - 3

Clockwork Angels - 10

The Anarchist - 10

Carnies - 8

Halo Effect - 7

Seven Cities of Gold - 7

The Wreckers - 8

Headlong Flight - 10

BU2B2 - As a segue 7, as a song 2

Wish Them Well - 3

The Garden - 9

Fixed mine

How would the other songs rate as a segue?

Caravan - As a segue 0

BU2B - As a segue 9 (the intro part gets a segue score of 1000000)

Clockwork Angels - As a segue 7

The Anarchist - As a segue 8

Carnies - As a segue 4

Halo Effect - As a segue 9

Seven Cities of Gold - As a segue 2

The Wreckers - As a segue 8

Headlong Flight - As a segue 10

BU2B2 - As a segue 7

Wish Them Well - As a segue 2

The Garden - As a segue -9999

"What do you lack?" - As a segue 1x10^1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I like how I am used to rate the quality of these songs!

I had high hopes for this CD based on the early hoopla (leaked info about a concept CD and a return musically to those days). However, Caravan and BU2B were big losers to me. What is clear from the start is that music technology (the use of software to record) is way too much of temptation for the boys (mostly Alex). Where as they once were creative in coming up with interesting bridges, now they just lazily cut and paste musical parts to extend a song. On whole, the music sounded forced and the lyrics leave a lot to be desired.

The concept was a miss and really falls flat. Why Neil insists on making matters worse by letting Kevin J. Anderson carry on that hot mess of a story is beyond me. Oh wait - $$. Forgot about that. I think there may have been more friction between Geddy, Neil & Nick when it came to the concept idea. It sounds like Geddy wasn't ever really onboard and the result was a one-foot in, one-foot out CD. Geddy described CA as a compilation of songs that tell a story but also stand up on their own. Right......

On a positive note, I like the musical creativity employed in the song Clockwork Angels and the Bass work in The Anarchist. Carnies was solid too, as was 7 Cities, **The Wreckers and Headlong Flight.

** The Wreckers music sounds way too upbeat for the lyrics and imagery but its definitely a good tune.

The Garden is different and has some emotive moments musically but ultimately doesn't work for me - mostly because of Geddy's voice and Neil's lyrics. "It is what it is and whatever" - what a bunch of psycho-babble nonsense. Do people really find themselves singing along to those lyrics?

Caravan - 6

BU2B - 6

Clockwork Angels - 7

The Anarchist - 8

Carnies - 8

Halo Effect - 6

Seven Cities of Gold - 8

The Wreckers - 7

Headlong Flight - 9

BU2B2 - 2

Wish Them Well - 6

The Garden - 6

I like what you wrote.

• Like 1

Caravan…9

BU2B…8

Clockwork Angels…9

The Anarchist…8

Carnies…8

Halo Effect…8

Seven Cities of Gold…8

The Wreckers…9

Headlong Flight…10

BU2B2…7

Wish Them Well…8

The Garden…9

This album still holds up for me as one of their very best. If I can be a heretic for a second, I like it even better than 2112. The early praise myself and others gave it wasn't just because it was new to us and therefore exciting; it really is an excellent album, and from a band that's been making music for 40 years!

I'm surprised to see all the low marks for "Wish Them Well" (particularly in the early-going of the thread), which is one of my five favorite songs on the album, along with "The Anarchist," "The Wreckers," "Headlong Flight," and "The Garden." "The Garden" made me cry the first couple times I heard it... that's NEVER happened to me with a Rush song.

Edited by GeddyRulz
  • Like 2

Caravan- 10

BU2B- 10

Clockwork Angels- 10

The Anarchist- 8

Carnies- 8

Halo Effect- 8

Seven Cities Of Gold- 10

The Wreckers- 9

Headlong Flight- 10

BU2B2- 8

Wish Them Well- 8

The Garden- 9

You're spot on IMO. Five all-time greats on the album...maybe 7. Anarchist is higher for me with a nine

Thanks!

I do sometimes find myself a little hard on this album, I am not as mad about it as I was when it first came out, and the production leaves plenty of room for improvement, but the songs themselves are fantastic!

I love Seven Cities, and it always surprises me how I am in the minority on that one.

seven cities is one of my favs, great riffs bass chorus that all gel....well

I had high hopes for this CD based on the early hoopla (leaked info about a concept CD and a return musically to those days). However, Caravan and BU2B were big losers to me. What is clear from the start is that music technology (the use of software to record) is way too much of temptation for the boys (mostly Alex). Where as they once were creative in coming up with interesting bridges, now they just lazily cut and paste musical parts to extend a song. On whole, the music sounded forced and the lyrics leave a lot to be desired.

The concept was a miss and really falls flat. Why Neil insists on making matters worse by letting Kevin J. Anderson carry on that hot mess of a story is beyond me. Oh wait - $$. Forgot about that. I think there may have been more friction between Geddy, Neil & Nick when it came to the concept idea. It sounds like Geddy wasn't ever really onboard and the result was a one-foot in, one-foot out CD. Geddy described CA as a compilation of songs that tell a story but also stand up on their own. Right......

On a positive note, I like the musical creativity employed in the song Clockwork Angels and the Bass work in The Anarchist. Carnies was solid too, as was 7 Cities, **The Wreckers and Headlong Flight.

** The Wreckers music sounds way too upbeat for the lyrics and imagery but its definitely a good tune.

The Garden is different and has some emotive moments musically but ultimately doesn't work for me - mostly because of Geddy's voice and Neil's lyrics. "It is what it is and whatever" - what a bunch of psycho-babble nonsense. Do people really find themselves singing along to those lyrics?

Caravan - 6

BU2B - 6

Clockwork Angels - 7

The Anarchist - 8

Carnies - 8

Halo Effect - 6

Seven Cities of Gold - 8

The Wreckers - 7

Headlong Flight - 9

BU2B2 - 2

Wish Them Well - 6

The Garden - 6

I like what you wrote.

Me too. I agree with most of it however I do like Caravan. Wish Them Well might've been decent if they had left the echoing "wish them well" high parts out of the chorus. That just ruins it for me.

• Like 1

This record sort of made my decade. Love it. Some fantastic Rush moments, reminding me of the kinds of things from the "Glorious Magic Four" albums (Kings to Pictures) that made my jaw drop and drool fall out when I first heard them as a kid. The only thing missing is your classic Neil fill starting on the high toms and descending to the low toms. There's sort of a backwards one in Caravan. It'll do.
  • Like 1

Caravan - 9

BU2B - 8

Clockwork Angels - 9

The Anarchist - 9

Carnies - 9

Halo Effect - 9

Seven Cities of Gold - 5

The Wreckers - 9

Headlong Flight - 10

Wish Them Well - 9

The Garden - 8