• Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • untitled/Zoso/Led Zeppelin IV
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda

PhysGraf, followed by HOTH and LZI. Mostly because PG has my favorite Zep song period (and it's not the one you're thinking of)

In the Light?

That's one of my favourites

ITL is so good! I've always felt "The Rover" is an underrated rock classic, too. The album has a lot of depth.

• Like 2

I know it is a stupid question, but I no longer own any of their albums. Back when they first came out and well into the seventies, I just listened to music. It would never have occurred to me to even care which band member did what back then. It was just music. And I just listened.

I know it is a stupid question, but I no longer own any of their albums. Back when they first came out and well into the seventies, I just listened to music. It would never have occurred to me to even care which band member did what back then. It was just music. And I just listened.

Mostly Page, Plant.

Who wrote their music (not lyrics)?

Jake Holmes, Bert Jansch, Howlin' Wolf, Anne Bredon, Willie Dixon, Bukka White, Bob Mosley, Randy California, Memphis Minnie, Sleepy John Estes, Bline Willie Johnson, Ritchie Valens, Davy Graham, Leadbelly, Little Richard and Jeff Beck.

• Like 2

Mostly Page, Plant.

They were talented men. They sure took us by storm in 1969.

Jake Holmes, Bert Jansch, Howlin' Wolf, Anne Bredon, Willie Dixon, Bukka White, Bob Mosley, Randy California, Memphis Minnie, Sleepy John Estes, Bline Willie Johnson, Ritchie Valens, Davy Graham, Leadbelly, Little Richard and Jeff Beck.

Did each of them write only one song, or more?

Did each of them write only one song, or more?

This is list of artists that Led Zeppelin allegedly ripped off. It's not a secret that Led Zeppelin "borrowed" a lot of their "ideas".

By the way, I'm not bashing Led Zeppelin. They are one of my all-time favorite bands.

Mostly Page, Plant.

John Paul Jones was responsible for A LOT of classic Led Zeppelin.

• Like 2

Mostly Page, Plant.

That's what I am interested in - the early Led Zep - from the first album up to the album that had Kashmir on it.

• Like 1

Mostly Page, Plant.

That's what I am interested in - the early Led Zep - from the first album up to the album that had Kashmir on it.

Off the top of my head, John Paul Jones is mostly responsible for songs like "Black Dog" and "No Quarter". He's also responsible for arranging a lot of songs, specifically the strings on "Kashmir".

They were a BAND. It seems, much to Jimmie Page's chagrin.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Get past their first album and there's no more "borrowing" than most any other blues-based rock band. That first album is somewhat of an uncredited "tribute" album though (tribute to some poor saps who never received royalties) :cool: .

Get past their first album and there's no more "borrowing" than most any other blues-based rock band. That first album is somewhat of an uncredited "tribute" album though (tribute to some poor saps who never received royalties) :cool: .

I pretty much agree. It just seems that Mr. Page is a little reluctant to give credit where credit is due. I point stuff like this out because it's a fact. And it has NOTHING to do with Led Zeppelin being a GREAT band.

Remember, I love Big Star and Alex Chilton. He ripped of, of all people, Yoko Ono, note for note.

It's the nature of the beast. Music is the people's possession. It's all in how it's packaged.

I agree. Here we go about LZ 'borrowing' ... oh brother. :moon: Some band said they 'borrowed' Stairway to Heaven. Really ? If Stairway wasn't such a monumental hit or LZ such a big band, would this band be digging so deep to pull out this nonsense

Edited by custom55

I agree. Here we go about LZ 'borrowing' ... oh brother. :moon:

If only. Listen to Jake Holme's "Dazed and Confused".

Again, ANY band that's successful can be accused of ripping off other artists. Hell, U2 is currently on the front page and The Edge is anything but original as a guitarist.

• Like 2

Led Zep II is mine.

Physical Graffiti is the favourite album of the Led Zep poser fans.

Houses of the Holy is the favourite album of the Led Zep pervert fans.

Led Zep IV is the favourite album of the plastic Led Zep fans.

Led Zep III is the favourite album of the girly girls.

Led Zep I is the favourite album of the grandad Led Zep fans.

Presence is the favourite album of Led Zep fans with a broken leg in plaster.

In through the Out Door is the favourite album of the deaf Led Zep fans.

Coda is the favourite album of Led Zep fans.who work in charity shops.