Adrian Peterson Indicted in Texas for "swatting son with a switch"

treeduck

Just heard the Vikings are going to let him play on Sunday

After yesterday, I'm not too surprised. The Niners let McDonald play last night I believe.

I love when people say "innocent until proven guilty," as if that has any bearing on how people are required to conduct their private affairs. Do we say that a person doesn't have to say anything to explain their behavior, the way a criminal defendant doesn't have to speak with authorities, and can't be compelled to testify at trial? Do they say that the statements of an "accuser" who doesn't appear in the same room with the "accused," and sit in a place that the "accused" can look directly at them, can't be the basis for changing your opinion of the "accused"? Of course not. The world isn't a criminal court room.

Yeah,

It just seems like teams let things go no matter what sport it is. Thats why it continues. Never any serious consequences.

Exactly...

You're going to not pay me for a week? So I'm going to miss $500K on my $8M contract? I think I'll find a way to survive off of $7.5M

• Like 2

Just heard the Vikings are going to let him play on Sunday

After yesterday, I'm not too surprised. The Niners let McDonald play last night I believe.

I love when people say "innocent until proven guilty," as if that has any bearing on how people are required to conduct their private affairs. Do we say that a person doesn't have to say anything to explain their behavior, the way a criminal defendant doesn't have to speak with authorities, and can't be compelled to testify at trial? Do they say that the statements of an "accuser" who doesn't appear in the same room with the "accused," and sit in a place that the "accused" can look directly at them, can't be the basis for changing your opinion of the "accused"? Of course not. The world isn't a criminal court room.

Yeah,

It just seems like teams let things go no matter what sport it is. Thats why it continues. Never any serious consequences.

Exactly...

You're going to not pay me for a week? So I'm going to miss $500K on my $8M contract? I think I'll find a way to survive off of $7.5M

Exactly,

No skin of my a**!!

OK, Adrian, you're back on the field! We lost a non-conference game, but we got us a big game down in N'Awlins, and then the Falcons, Packers, and Lions after that. Maybe by then, the Front Office will make up its mind and give you a few weeks off.

You'll be back with us after the bye, when we gotta play da Bears and Packers again. It's all good!! :ebert:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Hearing that the Vikings are deactivating Peterson for Sunday's game against the Patriots. Now employers are punishing 'criminals' before they're even convicted... super. :sarcastic:

What a joke.

Yeah. It's crazy that after your employee admits to creating welts and cuts on the legs, back and genitals of a child that are so bad, the photo taken after a week of healing still looks painful that you'd want to take action to protect your company. Crazy, I say.

• Like 2

Hearing that the Vikings are deactivating Peterson for Sunday's game against the Patriots. Now employers are punishing 'criminals' before they're even convicted... super. :sarcastic:

What a joke.

Yeah. It's crazy that after your employee admits to creating welts and cuts on the legs, back and genitals of a child that are so bad, the photo taken after a week of healing still looks painful that you'd want to take action to protect your company. Crazy, I say.

Well,

You all know my stance on this. Their is abuse and a well deserved whoopin'. I think it's a really bad move by the Vikings this early.

What a joke.

Well,

You all know my stance on this. There is abuse and a well deserved whoopin'. I think it's a really bad move by the Vikings this early.

Just my opinion, but I think the Vikings and the NFL will try to make this go away as quickly as possible. This could cause a lot more trouble for the League than Ray Rice's incident. For decades, players have been convicted of violence towards other adults, but Peterson's case opens up a whole new and very large can of worms.

It's a very well-known rule in NFL clubhouses: You don't ask a teammate about 1) his money, 2) his woman, and 3) his kids.

If the NFL wants to get into the business of regulating players' behavior with their families, it's gonna cause a lot of trouble. We can be sure that there are a lot of players who were brought up just like Peterson was - with the switch. They might just come to Peterson's defense on this matter.

Also, there is the matter of NFL players having lots of kids via different mothers. If more light is shone onto Peterson's and other players' multiple families, then that could give the League even more trouble. The League could find itself really deep in Public Relations shit!! :o

• Like 1

What a joke.

Well,

You all know my stance on this. There is abuse and a well deserved whoopin'. I think it's a really bad move by the Vikings this early.

Just my opinion, but I think the Vikings and the NFL will try to make this go away as quickly as possible. This could cause a lot more trouble for the League than Ray Rice's incident. For decades, players have been convicted of violence towards other adults, but Peterson's case opens up a whole new and very large can of worms.

It's a very well-known rule in NFL clubhouses: You don't ask a teammate about 1) his money, 2) his woman, and 3) his kids.

If the NFL wants to get into the business of regulating players' behavior with their families, it's gonna cause a lot of trouble. We can be sure that there are a lot of players who were brought up just like Peterson was - with the switch. They might just come to Peterson's defense on this matter.

Also, there is the matter of NFL players having lots of kids via different mothers. If more light is shone onto Peterson's and other players' multiple families, then that could give the League even more trouble. The League could find itself really deep in Public Relations shit!! :o

:goodone:

10698608_2831060622045_6271660232615267842_n.jpg?oh=df324157349e38feb147faeb02d5af6f&oe=54966B5E

That would be funnier with Favre and "hide yo wiener".

A few people comparing granny ass whuppins to NFL-All-Pro ass whuppins is kind of funny though.

My Grandma would have kick his a**!! :codger: :LOL: He never would have done this back in the day with out paying a huge price. ;)

Edited by troutman

More accusations against Peterson.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, has been accused in a separate incident involving another son who is 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported.

The CBS affiliate cites text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with a head wound covered by bandages.

Peterson was indicted by a grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child on Friday.

Peterson, who apologized in a statement on Monday for "the hurt I have brought to my child," also said he will testify in court that he did not intend to harm his son and said he is "without a doubt, not a child abuser."

Peterson has faced heavy criticism for his use of a so-called switch to discipline his son, but the runnig back said in his statement that he "never imagined being in a position where the world is judging my parenting skills or calling me a child abuser because of the discipline I administered to my son."

The Vikings deactivated Peterson for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots but announced in a statement on Monday that Peterson will play on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, adding they will let the legal process play out before deciding on further action. The NFL's only comment came on Saturday, when spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league will review Peterson's case "under the NFL's personal conduct policy."

Peterson is scheduled to enter a plea at an Oct. 8 hearing in Conroe, Texas, after his indictment for reckless or negligent injury to a child. Peterson faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine if found guilty.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11534340/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-facing-second-child-abuse-accusation

Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, assholes.

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, has been accused in a separate incident involving another son who is 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported.

The CBS affiliate cites text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with a head wound covered by bandages.

Peterson was indicted by a grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child on Friday.

Peterson, who apologized in a statement on Monday for "the hurt I have brought to my child," also said he will testify in court that he did not intend to harm his son and said he is "without a doubt, not a child abuser."

Peterson has faced heavy criticism for his use of a so-called switch to discipline his son, but the runnig back said in his statement that he "never imagined being in a position where the world is judging my parenting skills or calling me a child abuser because of the discipline I administered to my son."

The Vikings deactivated Peterson for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots but announced in a statement on Monday that Peterson will play on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, adding they will let the legal process play out before deciding on further action. The NFL's only comment came on Saturday, when spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league will review Peterson's case "under the NFL's personal conduct policy."

Peterson is scheduled to enter a plea at an Oct. 8 hearing in Conroe, Texas, after his indictment for reckless or negligent injury to a child. Peterson faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine if found guilty.

http://espn.go.com/n...buse-accusation

How many 4 year old sons does he have?
  • Like 1

Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, assholes.

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Looks like the owner of that message board turned his political opinion into full-on hissy fit. Good rittance.

Well, if my NFL schedule is correct, there are eight road games a year. So that would be a good place to start.

• Like 2

Well, if my NFL schedule is correct, there are eight road games a year. So that would be a good place to start.

:LOL: :syrinx:

If Adrian Peterson is found guilty of a crime, then, and only then, we can talk about the appropriate suspension.

If you were the CEO of my company, I'd do anything I could to get you fired. Willful blindness to facts is simply not acceptable, nor is abdicating your responsibilities to the government.

If Adrian Peterson is found guilty of a crime, then, and only then, we can talk about the appropriate suspension.

If you were the CEO of my company, I'd do anything I could to get you fired. Willful blindness to facts is simply not acceptable, nor is abdicating your responsibilities to the government.

The responsibility to deliver justice is not the NFL's, and the responsibility to decide the facts of a criminal investigation isn't either.

Rushing to judgment over a matter which is neither openly apparent or clearly settled is not acceptable; and from a business standpoint, making a bold stand over a matter that is so divided, only draws negative attention to your company. Even if you try to appease the side with the greatest numbers, the loyalty gained will never benefit your business more than the backlash from the alienated party will hurt you. Inaction is the safe policy- at least until a verdict is reached.

Edited by KenJennings

Where in the hell do you get this, Ken? His contract and his collective bargaining agreement are the documents that govern whether of not he can be suspended. A criminal finding may not be required. It's all in the legal agreements under which he is employed.

• Like 1