The Columbo thread

Your_Lion

I used to smoke cigars...My BFF Dave Plummer got me into it in a big way... I smoked my last cigar, a Cohiba[?] the week of his funeral.

IB4o78s.gif37uog3w.gifGi01RWE.gif

• Like 1

Anyone else remember this?

"NBC Mystery Movie" was the title of an "umbrella series" broadcast from 1971 to 1977. Three shows debuted under that umbrella in '71: "Columbo," "McCloud," and "McMillan & Wife." In the fall of 1972, they were all moved to Sunday nights, and joined in rotation by "Hec Ramsey."

"NBC Mystery Movie" was the title of an "umbrella series" broadcast from 1971 to 1977. Three shows debuted under that umbrella in '71: "Columbo," "McCloud," and "McMillan & Wife." In the fall of 1972, they were all moved to Sunday nights, and joined in rotation by "Hec Ramsey."

Yep. I had a huge crush on Susan St. James, so I was always hoping it was a McMillan and Wife week!
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VI9mUyG_f0

Yep. I had a huge crush on Susan St. James, so I was always hoping it was a McMillan and Wife week!

I had a crush on her too :)

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VI9mUyG_f0

Do you remember "How to Beat The High Cost of Living"?

MV5BZWE4ZDNjYmItNTgxOC00Yjc4LWI4MTEtODNmYjllNzBlOTRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

Tonight: An Exercise IN Fatality - GREAT episode with Robert Conrad!

Some highlights... https://columbophile...comment-page-1/

Exercise-treadmill.jpg?fit=443%2C332&ssl=1

exercise-1.jpg?resize=610%2C458&ssl=1

Great episode, and contains one of the few moments where Columbo genuinely looses his cool, and snaps at the killer. It's always a great episode when there's that kind of personal connection, where you can tell Columbo can't stand the killer. Just like the flip side, it's great in Any Old Port in the Storm, when you can tell Columbo actually really likes Donald Pleasance.

Those sorts of things always make for a good Columbo cat and mouse game

• Like 1

Tonight: An Exercise IN Fatality - GREAT episode with Robert Conrad!

Some highlights... https://columbophile...comment-page-1/

Exercise-treadmill.jpg?fit=443%2C332&ssl=1

exercise-1.jpg?resize=610%2C458&ssl=1

Great episode, and contains one of the few moments where Columbo genuinely looses his cool, and snaps at the killer. It's always a great episode when there's that kind of personal connection, where you can tell Columbo can't stand the killer. Just like the flip side, it's great in Any Old Port in the Storm, when you can tell Columbo actually really likes Donald Pleasance.

Those sorts of things always make for a good Columbo cat and mouse game

SO TRUE!!!!!

• Like 1

It's on here generally on a Sunday afternoon. Before Covid struck the family would all gather at my wife's parent's house for Sunday dinner and would all end up watching it.

It's funny how, no matter how many times you have seen an episode, you still enjoy it!

Hopefully when Covid is finally beaten, we can all get back to all the regular things we are used to doing.

• Like 2

It's funny how, no matter how many times you have seen an episode, you still enjoy it!

That's the great thing about Columbo. Because they're not "whodunnits", it's all about the cat and mouse game and the interplay between Columbo and the killer. That gives them much more replay value than a whodunnit.
  • Like 2

That's the great thing about Columbo. Because they're not "whodunnits", it's all about the cat and mouse game and the interplay between Columbo and the killer. That gives them much more replay value than a whodunnit.

My favourite TV detective of all time.
  • Like 1

Absolutely :yes:

I was a kid when I first saw a Columbo. It was Murder, Smoke and Shadows, with Fisher Stevens as the killer. I loved it , and I've been a fan ever since.

• Like 1

I was a kid when I first saw a Columbo. It was Murder, Smoke and Shadows, with Fisher Stevens as the killer. I loved it , and I've been a fan ever since.

What gets me is when you see some of the big hitter actors/actresses who appeared in episodes as the 'killer'. As I recall, some of them even made repeat performances as different 'killers'!!
  • Like 1

What gets me is when you see some of the big hitter actors/actresses who appeared in episodes as the 'killer'. As I recall, some of them even made repeat performances as different 'killers'!!

As I recall, Patrick McGoohan played the killer the most times, with four appearances, Jack Cassidy and Robert Culp each played the killer three times. And William Shatner and George Hamilton played the killer twice.

Everyone else was just once each

• Like 1