The Columbo thread

Your_Lion

It's funny how, no matter how many times you have seen an episode, you still enjoy it!

That's the great thing about Columbo. Because they're not "whodunnits", it's all about the cat and mouse game and the interplay between Columbo and the killer. That gives them much more replay value than a whodunnit.

My favourite TV detective of all time.

Absolutely :yes:

I was a kid when I first saw a Columbo. It was Murder, Smoke and Shadows, with Fisher Stevens as the killer. I loved it , and I've been a fan ever since.

What gets me is when you see some of the big hitter actors/actresses who appeared in episodes as the 'killer'. As I recall, some of them even made repeat performances as different 'killers'!!

As I recall, Patrick McGoohan played the killer the most times, with four appearances, Jack Cassidy and Robert Culp each played the killer three times. And William Shatner and George Hamilton played the killer twice.

Everyone else was just once each

Culp was awesome! McGoohan too!!

• Like 2

Culp:

Brimmer/PI

Baert Keppel, Motivational Research

Paul Hanlon, Team GM for Football team

ALL OUTSTANDING!

The house used as the rich guys home in the Most Cucial Game was also used for one with Cassidy. That home fell into disrepair but was on an AMAZING piece of land! A HUGE mansion has been built on it.

https://www.dirt.com/moguls/power-players/nile-niami-the-one-bel-air-500-million-14425/

Check out the whole story!!!!!

https://www.dirt.com/more-dirt/real-estate-listings/944-airole-way-world-most-expensive-house-6333/

• Like 2

Am I correct that Columbo lost his cool in only one episode, that involving Leonard Nimoy, or have I not watched enough of the show?

Thats not cpoming to mind which scene is that?

As said above he seriously disliked Robert Conrad's character and he was very sarcastic and angry in a scene with him). What scene or show was he angry w Cassidy?

• Like 1

Am I correct that Columbo lost his cool in only one episode, that involving Leonard Nimoy, or have I not watched enough of the show?

As said above he seriously disliked Robert Conrad's character and he was very sarcastic and angry in a scene with him). What scene or show was he angry w Cassidy?

He's talking about Nimoy, not Cassidy. Indeed Leonard Nimoy is the other killer to get Columbo to lose his temper. And also the first, since Nimoy was in season 2, and Conrad was in season 4.

Here's the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=golLNTQCxko

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

He's talking about Nimoy, not Cassidy. Indeed Leonard Nimoy is the other killer to get Columbo to lose his temper. And also the first, since Nimoy was in season 2, and Conrad was in season 4.

Here's the scene:

I forgot about that! Awesome.

• Like 2

Here's the scene:

The first time I saw it, it was genuinely shocking
  • Like 1

Here's the scene:

Yes! Jarring! That and Spock doing something so devious :)

• Like 2

Here's the scene:

Yeah, that slam of the coffee pot is just not Columbo. Besides, he should've given Nimoy a break. After all, Leonard couldn't laugh on screen playing Spock for so long. ;)
  • Like 2

Here's the scene:

Yeah, that slam of the coffee pot is just not Columbo. Besides, he should've given Nimoy a break. After all, Leonard couldn't laugh on screen playing Spock for so long. ;)

Interestingly, Leonard Nimoy is probably the least successful killer in all of Columbo. The person he intends to kill survives, and he is arrested for killing two other people that he only killed in order to cover up the unsuccessful murder attempt.

How illogical ;)

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

Here's the scene:

Interestingly, Leonard Nimoy is probably the least successful killer in all of Columbo. The person he intends to kill survives, and he is arrested for killing two other people that he only killed in order to cover up the unsuccessful murder attempt.

How illogical ;)

I think Nimoy was writing "I am not Spock" around that time. :P
  • Like 1

Watched Etude in Black today. Really good.

At the time of filming that episode, Blythe Danner was pregnant with Gwyneth Paltrow... so Blythe Danner's baby-bump is technically Gwyneth Paltrow's first role on film :D ;)
  • Like 1

Watched Agenda for Murder again last night.

Patrick McGoohan was always great to watch as the killer. He did the cat & mouse game very well in all his appearances.

Funniest bit of the episode: when Columbo is asking the Congressman for an autograph for his wife.

"What's her name?"

"Mrs Columbo"

fade out

:lol:

• Like 1

Watched Murder, Smoke & Shadows today. One of my faves from the later Columbos.

That has one of my two earliest Columbo memories from my childhood: Fisher Steven's smashing the ice-cream sundaes in a fit of rage after talking with Columbo.

My other earliest Columbo memory is the subliminal cuts of drink making the victim get thirsty in Double Exposure.

Don't know why, but those two moments stuck with me over the years