The Worst Rush Song

savagegrace26

"There's also something very irritating about the fact that each individual line is sarcastic"

That's what makes BU2B great.

The lyrics are like a childish, obnoxious version of Armor and Sword, and the music is dull. What more is there to say?

I don't know. That's your opinion and people verbalizing their opinions about songs they don't like usually comes off as childish and obnoxious.

I think the lyrics are clever and appropiate to the subject matter. And the music is pretty damn intense. I "like" the song very music. It rawwks! :haz: :haz: :haz:

What more is there to say? Nothing. I say just keep opinions as numerical ratings and they're more useful and way less obnoxious.

BU2B : 8/10

BU2B is actually one of my favs from Clockwork. It and the title track.

Granted, i don't care much for the album as a whole.

I don't know. That's your opinion and people verbalizing their opinions about songs they don't like usually comes off as childish and obnoxious.

Your beliefs would be more respectable if they at least had some consistency :LOL:

Maybe that's the point ;)

But I've made it clear several times on this forum that I don't hate any Rush song and think all of their songs have some value.

Even songs I greatly dislike I sometimes find enjoyable when in the right mood.

Hemispheres

Quick, Kenny...we need a fainting gif, Stat!

Maybe he's joking. The last person that hated Hemisphere, now can't stop listening to it. Rush has their way of working revenge on you. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

I wish I were joking. Honestly, I've tried listening to it. I have. But…nothing. If anything, the instrumental part in the beginning is okay, but once Geddy starts singing, you've lost me.

Edited by Disk98

Hemispheres

Maybe he's joking. The last person that hated Hemisphere, now can't stop listening to it. Rush has their way of working revenge on you. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

I wish I were joking. Honestly, I've tried listening to it. I have. But…nothing. If anything, the instrumental part in the beginning is okay, but once Geddy starts singing, you've lost me.

There's always hope that one day you will like it. :)

Hemispheres

Eh, maybe…

Hemispheres

Eh, maybe…

Sure there is. I despised Snakes and Arrows once. Now, I only mildly dislike it. :LOL: Actually, it does have good songs on it; it just took awhile for the album to grow on me. Somewhat. It'll never be in my top ten, but I don't think it deserves the #19 spot anymore.

I agree with you about the instrumental intro to Hemispheres. I love it too.

For my one song, I elect "One Little Victory." It is worse than everything so far listed in this thread. I judge songs weighted heavily on the composition of the music and "One Little Victory" is crap. It's so repetitive and so drearily modal, switching back and forth between two keys. Nothing interesting, just a re-hashed, ham-fisted noodling of the minor pentatonic scale. Nothing bores me more than noodling on the minor pentatonic scale. It's exactly the kind of song a terrible garage band would write.

Actually, I wrote a song making fun of it musically when I was 15 years old. It's pretty comical. It's ornamented heavily, but the Rush melody is still in there.

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-burnham/a-song-in-which-i-make-fun-of-one-little-victory-by-rush

My second worst is MalNar for committing similar crimes against music.

Ok.This is my first post here.Just like to say "Hi"to everyone!

Worst song:Tai Shan.

Hey there, Red! Welcome!

You may want to check out the What Are You Reading thread: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/5591-what-are-you-reading/unread/

Edited by goose