Dear Summer

Mara

Leaves and pine needles (hate them with a passion) are falling off the trees in Myrtle Beach already....

The leaves are falling here too. And a yeti just walked by.

I'm an idiot. I had to google Yeti.... :LOL:

Great movie. Barbra Streisand nailed it with that one, IMO.
  • Like 2

As usual, the weather in this part of Texas has gone insane. We had the hottest Sept. 10 on record with 101 degrees. The next day, a cool front moved in. We've had drizzle and temps in the upper 60's to lower 70's. We'll be back in the 90's by mid-week. The roller coaster weather here in Spring and early Fall is a little annoying.

Leaves and pine needles (hate them with a passion) are falling off the trees in Myrtle Beach already....

The leaves are falling here too. And a yeti just walked by.

I'm an idiot. I had to google Yeti.... :LOL:

Great movie. Barbra Streisand nailed it with that one, IMO.

:LOL:

I don't mind cold if I'm outside in it; as long as I'm properly bundled up and active it doesn't bother me. Winter weather dog walking is pretty much on me - DH hates the cold. (Dogs love it - they get extra frisky in the chill).

However, I cannot STAND being chilly indoors. Reason #1 why I have a space heater running under my desk at work in July. Office is kept way too cold for my liking (though that definitely beats too hot), and my feet & hands get cold.

I can always get warm. Cooling off in miserably high temps is much more difficult.

My wife needs no space heater at home, she has me. I could be outside in winter in a t-shirt. If I'm active, I get warm. I was out putting in a new switchplate in the garage when it was 10 degrees out and I started to sweat... not dripping sweat, but you could see it on my forehead.

Ok tough guy!! :LOL: :D :haz:

I bet I sweat more than everyone on this thread combined. It's kind of gross, actually.

I start sweating if someone even sings, "Here Comes The Sun".

I'm right there with you Mara! I'm ready for the humidity to go away. This week has been brutal in N. GA. I am tired if getting out of the shower and starting to sweat before I am even done shaving.

Dear summer,

Thank you for leaving early. Now I can walk up that massive hill every morning without being drenched in my own sweat, or sweating at all for that matter. Please tell winter not to let the snow melt once every month this time around on your way out. I'd like to go skiing more than once this year.

Thanks again,

- USB

Pretty soon we're going to have a thread called "Dear Winter" and saying for it to get the crap outta here. :LOL:

You will. Not me..... :)
  • Like 2

Pretty soon we're going to have a thread called "Dear Winter" and saying for it to get the crap outta here. :LOL:

That's because you don't have real winter down there.

Its a beautiful thing too.... :dweez:
  • Like 1

I think I would miss seeing snow...at least SEEING it, not the driving through it part. That part can go the crap away.

• Like 1

I think I would miss seeing snow...at least SEEING it, not the driving through it part. That part can go the crap away.

That's the worst part of the whole winter deal. I can deal with the negative-forty-degree temperatures and the giant ice beasts, but driving around in blizzards is always pretty harrowing. There's no choice but to become a pro at it in these parts, though.

• Like 1

I like the "weather" part of winter, but not the "depression" part :(

Yeah that sucks. My winters resolution this year is to try to get out and do more early during the day. I hate that it gets dark so early. I'd never make it in Alaska.

• Like 1

Get out and :D-13:

Or go for walks. It's a beautiful thing. :D

It's more than that but I do do that in the winter. I know everyone gets a bit "down" in the winter but for me it's much worse...

Yeah that sucks. My winters resolution this year is to try to get out and do more early during the day. I hate that it gets dark so early. I'd never make it in Alaska.

Hey,

I will show you some awesome cross country :D-13: :D

Not me either. I don't care for the subzero temps, but it beats sweltering, and I can always get warm.

The leaves are already falling from our trees. A beautiful sight to behold!

• Like 3

Get out and :D-13:

Or go for walks. It's a beautiful thing. :D

It's more than that but I do do that in the winter. I know everyone gets a bit "down" in the winter but for me it's much worse...

Then do some thing you really love to do. Or find a new hobby!

Not me either. I don't care for the subzero temps, but it beats sweltering, and I can always get warm.

The leaves are already falling from our trees. A beautiful sight to behold!

Nothing like fall leaves turning and the tourists leaving. Great trout fishing!! :dweez: :D

• Like 1