Rate these Woof songs

savagegrace26

Rate these Woof songs  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate By-Tor and the Snowdog

2. 2. Rate The Necromancer

3. 3. Rate Dog Years

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/tourbooks/thewordsandthepicturesv1-36.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/tourbooks/thewordsandthepicturesv1-42.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/albums/testforecho-14-s.jpg

Edited by savagegrace26

10 10 10 thinking about it now, DY reminds me very much of the analog kid which, for a few years after signals release, i kinda disliked for some reason.. that speedy riff thing didnt really agree with me and i even found it a bit immature for the band.

Of course years later, especially now, the analog kid settled into a groove in my head and became one of my all-time rush favs, as has dog years in exactly the same way. DY has the same speedy riff and everything else about it that the analog kid had, thus taking years for it to sink into my head as one of the greats.

Sometimes this great band have taken evolutionary steps just slightly too far ahead for me and it's taken a while to catch up.

I think thats the main reason i'm a total rush head to be honest, they're the only real band of the great ones that have taken steps too far for me at every stage of their career, making me wonder & doubt, then much later i've realised how cool they were just being.

Yep dog years gets a big 10/10 from me

• Like 1

9, 10, 8.

I'll never understand the hate for Dog Years.

I quietly love the song...but in the real world it is a very silly song and to give it a high rating to place it just beneath a song like Limelight or Xanadu is just ridiculous.

It is what it is, a silly song but nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

10 10 10 thinking about it now, DY reminds me very much of the analog kid which, for a few years after signals release, i kinda disliked for some reason.. that speedy riff thing didnt really agree with me and i even found it a bit immature for the band.

Of course years later, especially now, the analog kid settled into a groove in my head and became one of my all-time rush favs, as has dog years in exactly the same way. DY has the same speedy riff and everything else about it that the analog kid had, thus taking years for it to sink into my head as one of the greats.

Sometimes this great band have taken evolutionary steps just slightly too far ahead for me and it's taken a while to catch up.

I think thats the main reason i'm a total rush head to be honest, they're the only real band of the great ones that have taken steps too far for me at every stage of their career, making me wonder & doubt, then much later i've realised how cool they were just being.

Yep dog years gets a big 10/10 from me

Really? You think Dog Years is a perfect song? It's certainly a perfect pile of shit...Analog Kid is infinitely better IMO
  • Like 1

Yeah, like i said, for years i regarded it as pretty silly too, until much later when i kinda realised the superficial goofiness of the song was a deliberate tactic to emphasize a deeper meaning to the track i havent figured out myself yet, so i just enjoy the goofiness :) i especially like the sound of Al during the segment 'I'd rather be a tortoise from galapagos.. '

...The only rush tracks that dont get 10/10 from me are about 4 or 5 like the wreckers & halo effect from CA and maybe a couple like spindrift from S&A.

all the rest, from every single album, including dog years, get full marks :)

9, 10, 8.

I quietly love the song...but in the real world it is a very silly song and to give it a high rating to place it just beneath a song like Limelight or Xanadu is just ridiculous.

It wouldn't be a very good song even if they changed the lyrics.

• Like 1

9, 10, 8.

Hence my score of 3/10. But it is a little guilty pleasure of mine. I really like Test For Echo, Rush's finest Spinal Tap moment.

9, 10, 8.

Hence my score of 3/10. But it is a little guilty pleasure of mine. I really like Test For Echo, Rush's finest Spinal Tap moment.

I like the rest of the album. I just don't like that particular song.

9, 10, 8.

I have no idea why I like it, but I rank it as one of the bands worst songs. I just find its tackiness so...cheery!

9, 10, 8.

I have no idea why I like it, but I rank it as one of the bands worst songs. I just find its tackiness so...cheery!

Did you Forget to take your medicine today, Gladys Kravitz? :LOL: