Chris Berman should never, NEVER be allowed to call another game

alphseeker

I actually like him. Berman's a character, and maybe not the best pure broadcaster, but I find him fun to listen to.

I don't understand why so much hate comes his way- ESPECIALLY when there's the likes of Joe Buck out there. That SOB and his 27" forehead annoy the hell out of me, and he calls games EVERY WEEK!

It IS possible to hate both Berman AND Buck.

I actually like him. Berman's a character, and maybe not the best pure broadcaster, but I find him fun to listen to.

I don't understand why so much hate comes his way- ESPECIALLY when there's the likes of Joe Buck out there. That SOB and his 27" forehead annoy the hell out of me, and he calls games EVERY WEEK!

Berman is fine with the draft and those kinds of things and is entertaining. Just no play by play. If he can't get golf right then I don't think hockey is in his future. Can't stand Buck either but his pops was awesome....

Thanks to clowns like Berman I enjoy sports with the volume off . I really wish they made televisions where you could here the crowd and not the announcer.

Sometimes I watch Fox News with the sound off. It depends on who's anchoring though.....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/7539d6f1cd674e80ae6967b22efe9ce6_zpsc8c53b9b.jpg
  • Like 1

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/7539d6f1cd674e80ae6967b22efe9ce6_zpsc8c53b9b.jpg

Or worse yet McCarvers. Geez. I guess that's over now. He finally retired didn't he?..... :D-13:
  • Like 1

People like you are ruining televised sports, and the reason ESPN sucks ass now Edited by Lost In Xanadu

People like you are ruining televised sports, and the reason ESPN sucks ass now

ESPN sucks ass because they don't treat sports as they are- games for fun.

It's the serious sense of social responsibility, self aggrandizement, and lack of any fun factor that makes ESPN suck. And those aren't problems I see in Berman.

People like you are ruining televised sports, and the reason ESPN sucks ass now

ESPN sucks ass because they don't treat sports as they are- games for fun.

It's the serious sense of social responsibility, self aggrandizement, and lack of any fun factor that makes ESPN suck. And those aren't problems I see in Berman.

There is no more monolithically politically correct group than sportswriters. I still remember when Riley Cooper said the "n word" and it was featured in the first segment of Around the Horn, and they turned the background music off and turned off the scoring like it was 9/11, like the world was breathlessly waited to hear how Woody Paige would condemn the offending receiver. GMAFB.

But Berman's schtick is about 25 years old, and he keeps repeating the same joke over and over again with a complete lack of anything resembling originality. While he mostly stays away from social issues and only gives the most superficial take possible when he does address them, his grating references are :facepalm: worthy...