2113 - Kevin J Anderson

x1yyz

Update the book is NOT just Kevin J. Anderson

Goodreads : "2113 contains stories by New York Times bestselling authors Kevin J. Anderson, Michael Z. Williamson, David Mack, David Farland, Dayton Ward, and Mercedes Lackey; award winners Fritz Leiber, Steven Savile, Brad R. Torgersen, Ron Collins, David Niall Wilson, and Brian Hodge, as well as many other authors with imaginations on fire."

One of the reviewers says the stories are varied, but mostly SF/Fantasy...Mercedes Lackey supposedly based a character in her Valdemar series on Geddy. I'm going to reserve judgement until I read them. Will check out from the library and see.

• Like 1

Update the book is NOT just Kevin J. Anderson

Goodreads : "2113 contains stories by New York Times bestselling authors Kevin J. Anderson, Michael Z. Williamson, David Mack, David Farland, Dayton Ward, and Mercedes Lackey; award winners Fritz Leiber, Steven Savile, Brad R. Torgersen, Ron Collins, David Niall Wilson, and Brian Hodge, as well as many other authors with imaginations on fire."

One of the reviewers says the stories are varied, but mostly SF/Fantasy...Mercedes Lackey supposedly based a character in her Valdemar series on Geddy. I'm going to reserve judgement until I read them. Will check out from the library and see.

Hmm. Please let us know what you think!

My friend lent me the collection. It's weak over all. I enjoyed a couple of the stories, but there's one about a race car driver that's a total shnoozerino, and a lot of the writing is . . . Andersonesque . . . that is to say, heavy with gooey details and short on savoury craft. I'm stalled at the midway point and have no compulsion to finish it. Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

My friend lent me the collection. It's weak over all. I enjoyed a couple of the stories, but there's one about a race car driver that's a total shnoozerino, and a lot of the writing is . . . Andersonesque . . . that is to say, heavy with gooey details and short on savoury craft. I'm stalled at the midway point and have no compulsion to finish it.

What a shame.

My friend lent me the collection. It's weak over all. I enjoyed a couple of the stories, but there's one about a race car driver that's a total shnoozerino, and a lot of the writing is . . . Andersonesque . . . that is to say, heavy with gooey details and short on savoury craft. I'm stalled at the midway point and have no compulsion to finish it.

What a shame.

Yeah, sort of a great idea that turned into . . . like, something I cooked, or something.

• Like 1

What a shame.

Yeah, sort of a great idea that turned into . . . like, something I cooked, or something.

I don't know what kind of cook you are but I know what kind I am, and that's BAD. :LOL:

• Like 1

What a shame.

I don't know what kind of cook you are but I know what kind I am, and that's BAD. :LOL:

I turn breast of chicken into a burlap bag. I turn roast beef into a ball of yarn. I turn spaghetti into rubber bands. I turn steak into leather. I turn pork chops into hockey pucks. You can't eat it, but it can be quite useful in other ways.

• Like 2

What a shame.

I turn breast of chicken into a burlap bag. I turn roast beef into a ball of yarn. I turn spaghetti into rubber bands. I turn steak into leather. I turn pork chops into hockey pucks. You can't eat it, but it can be quite useful in other ways.

So you're the one that invented super glue. :LOL:

Sounds a lot like my adventures into cooking

• Like 1

You did better than I.

I have no compulsion to think about it in the first place.

• Like 1

I started reading 2113 over the weekend and so far I am underwhelmed. I have enjoyed the inclusion of the stories that inspired Neil to write Red Barchetta and Roll the Bones after he read them. So far there are only a couple of stories that I enjoyed and others that made me say WTH? Couldn't get where they were going with the tale and how it related to the song that supposedly inspired it. I probably will finish it but not in a big hurry to do so. Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

2114 by KJ Anderson

Dr. Randall Hero Zeus awoke precisely at 12 minutes after 9. ;)

He arose from the sleeping platform, and hit a switch on the wall.

Instantly, the stink smell aroma of toast and orange juice filled wafted thoughout his life-cubicle.

He wandered to the thing window and looked out of it outside.

"Another day in the future" he sadly mulled as the law-bots clattered clanked ran around outside willy-nilly.

The sun was a fiery circle nasty sphere hot orb in the thing sky.

He went outside, hopped on his cool-looking motorized bi-cycle, known as a 'moto-bi', and with his friend Suturb, blasted out to the outer rim, to talk of gentler times and drink 'mallen', and sniff some spice coke special space dust that brought the two friends closer together and filled one with the hope of a writing thing contract.

"Gee Suturb" said Randall, his sleek and narrow face full of impenetrable thought, "I wonder what happened to that old temple?"

His friend threw up back his head and laughed. "Oh Randall, how many times have I told you about the Temple of Syrinx!"

It was Randall's turn to throw back his head and laugh, and this he did.

"Oh Suturb. Tell me again! I wish to know the old stories..."

Suturb sighed, then began, sighing again as he spoke.

"Well, it was a long time ago when the Earth planet was green. There were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen. Cats and rats and elephants, and sure as you're born, the loveliest of all was the unicorn Great Beast of Tard Tarn."

"I love this story!"

Yeah, that's good enough for a teaser. Editing will tidy that up, and Rush fans everywhere will throng to buy my latest old pus opus.

Now to crap out a new Dune book:

The Temples of Syrinx Dune

Paul Hero woke up to the smell of things toast and oranges. It was a million o'clock.

• Like 2

KJ Anderson's Christmas list:

-Thesaurus

-Reverse dictionary

-NP bobblehead

-leather pants

-time to reflect on what I've written

-spice (to help with future writing endeavors)

-"Writing for Dummies"

-"Authoring for the Talentless"

-"The Big Book of Hacks" (illustrated)

-"Candide" perhaps in comic book form (never read it)

-Dr. Seuss "One Fish two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish" for structural analysis, and syntactic ideas.

-Dr. Douche's Facial Hair System

-respect

-leather vest

I read some of his scifi novels years ago. Full of bombast, much repetition, lots of violence, pisspoor character definition and development. I never finished the series and was so disappointed when I saw his name pop up on CA. There are better writers out there and why he should get the Rush gig is a mystery. I can't believe Neil actually thinks he's good. Neil write better than that.