Our Relationships with other forums.

Pars123

Those guys made a thread about us! I knew they would! Haha did anybody say that they suck? No! Were just discussing our relationships with other forums! They insulted us! Oh well ;) just the internet ;)

http://rushmessagebo...-those-people/#

A Rebel and a Runner told them that we called them the Jerry Springer of forums hahaha! But he also did say that it's not just about CP!

One guy called JARG a (and I quote) "A f***ing little shit-stirring punk" interesting. I have nothing against them! This thread was just supposed to be about people who are also on other forums, or were on other forums.

So?

• Like 1

I haven't posted on Counterparts in several years. My time here at TRF has diminished somewhat because I'm Facebook friends with many members and end up talking it up over there. Through no fault of any board moderators or owners, I think forums in general are on the decline or becoming outdated. Several Rush fan groups are available through Facebook. I still keep in touch with members (or exmembers) of Counterparts that I knew or met from back then.
  • Like 1

Those guys made a thread about us! I knew they would! Haha did anybody say that they suck? No! Were just discussing our relationships with other forums! They insulted us! Oh well ;) just the internet ;)

http://rushmessagebo...-those-people/#

A Rebel and a Runner told them that we called them the Jerry Springer of forums hahaha! But he also did say that it's not just about CP!

One guy called JARG a (and I quote) "A f***ing little shit-stirring punk" interesting. I have nothing against them! This thread was just supposed to be about people who are also on other forums, or were on other forums.

So?

That's what we said when we first this thread (mostly) about CP.

The CP thing is kind of a joke. Originally, counterparts was much busier and was a much rowdier place. It also was very cliquish. After the big crash it seemed a lot slower. Hell, I had to reregister since my original profile was lost. What you really want to hear about is tri-net. I was there for a while. The admin was a guy named Rudy who moderated it with the style and enthusiasm of hitler. If you criticized him, rush, or just pissed him off you were banned. If you asked where a banned member went you were banned. A lot of former tri-net people ended up here. That board imploded for obvious reasons. Fortunately I was turned on to this place by a member named music in the abstract who posts more over at CP.

I felt the same way about CP the few times I visited it. There are some cool people there but overall, it just has a bad vibe about it. Not my kind of people overall.

Rudy of Tri-Net was a paranoid megalomaniac, and if memory serves, he even suffered legal consequences due to his pathological behavior regarding Rush, the band, and their promoters/managers/record label.

Some former cohorts of Rudy broke away to form Counterparts. They, in turn, acted like dysfunctional children in running their site. They devoted much of their time and bandwidth to perpetuating their feud with Rudy. Their site was, not surprisingly, the opposite of the oppressive Tri-Net in that they held an "anything goes" moderation philosophy. In short, conflict was GOOD. They enjoyed and even contributed to any and all arguments - in-house as well as outside. Counterparts was/is the Jerry Springer Show; no class, trashy, and an embarrassment to all Rush fan organizations everywhere.

Those sites are irrelevent. All that matters is THE RUSH FORUM - a truly outstanding website with awesome administrators. :haz: :haz: :haz:

As a prod contrarian, I'll stick up for at least my own reputation as one of the "jerks" at CP. I love to argue. I don't mean anything personal by it, but if you talk to me, on just about any forum or in real life, I don't like just agreeing with people. Makes conversations boring.

At CP we tend to think of ourselvs as the "biker bar" of the fandom. Anything goes, have a thick skin, but be aware that everyone else has one, too, so you can feel free to cut loose. A nice side-effect of that atmosphere is that the discussions can get to some pretty candid, meaningful topics. Our politics discussions, or religion discussions, or even discussions about music can take some very interesting turns, and I've never looked at a thread at CP that's winding down and thought "that conversation went just the way it always does when this topic is brought up."

You guys are nice. But... well, nice is boring. :P

I'm curious, did you just join to make a post in reference to 1 member here saying that he heard CP had jerks on board?

As a prod contrarian, I'll stick up for at least my own reputation as one of the "jerks" at CP. I love to argue. I don't mean anything personal by it, but if you talk to me, on just about any forum or in real life, I don't like just agreeing with people. Makes conversations boring.

At CP we tend to think of ourselvs as the "biker bar" of the fandom. Anything goes, have a thick skin, but be aware that everyone else has one, too, so you can feel free to cut loose. A nice side-effect of that atmosphere is that the discussions can get to some pretty candid, meaningful topics. Our politics discussions, or religion discussions, or even discussions about music can take some very interesting turns, and I've never looked at a thread at CP that's winding down and thought "that conversation went just the way it always does when this topic is brought up."

I'm curious, did you just join to make a post in reference to 1 member here saying that he heard CP had jerks on board?

You're very curious, or as we say over in Blighty, "bicurious".

You're very curious, or as we say over in Blighty, "bicurious".

Keep dreaming. Great name for a place btw, blighty. Sounds beautiful.

I came over as Good Will Ambassador.

The kind who scowls at you and maybe flings poo (potentially his own) at the side of your house.

The kind who scowls at you and maybe flings poo (potentially his own) at the side of your house.

I have a pressure washer so it shouldn't be an issue. Aim for the wasp nests please.

I haven't posted on Counterparts in several years. My time here at TRF has diminished somewhat because I'm Facebook friends with many members and end up talking it up over there. Through no fault of any board moderators or owners, I think forums in general are on the decline or becoming outdated. Several Rush fan groups are available through Facebook. I still keep in touch with members (or exmembers) of Counterparts that I knew or met from back then.

You still owe me a big hug.

• Like 3

I have a pressure washer so it shouldn't be an issue. Aim for the wasp nests please.

That won't help. If the queen survives, they'll just rebuild.

Says the resident exterminator.

Have you seen his shit? Might be some heavy duty

Actually, yes I have!

• Like 1

Actually, yes I have!

Actually, yes I have!

So you've seen it twice?