Cell Phone zombies

Lost In Xanadu

What is it about smartphones that upsets you guys? Is it people talking on them nonstop, texting nonstop, playing games nonstop, using Google maps, using the internet, playing games, watching YouTube, reading on a Kindle?

You guys keep acting like using the device is what is bothering you, but that is irrational. That's like saying someone driving a car is bothering you. No, it must be something they're doing that is making you mad.

Obviously, I use my smartphone ALL the time. I don't text or talk much, but I am always using it for maps, fixing stuff, watching YouTube videos, reading news, translating words, and, of course, posting on this forum.

It's not the device,

It's how the device takes over there life. I think there great for many reasons. But a lot of people become robots and probably couldn't live with out it.

• Like 1

What's really sad is when you see a group of people all sat together, but they're all just staring at their phones...Doesn't occur to them to talk to each other? :huh:

I think it's especially sad when I see families doing this- each having their own devices in hand, and they don't even look at each other.

I've posted something similar a number of times. Damn shame, really.
  • Like 1

How about calling a friend to arrange a meeting because you want to have a heart-to-heart talk about something troubling you. So, you meet with your friend, and In the middle of the conversation, the person gets a call. It's as bad as the now antiquated call-waiting which was equally rude. :rage:

Or watching a couple out for a stroll, and both of them are on their phones?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I hate it when people are just looking at their phones. I don't have a phone but I'm on my computer quite a bit so I'm a bit guilty of it. But when I'm with my friends and they go on their phones and ignore everyone else it is really annoying.

I found a video that you might have seen but for those that haven't:

• Like 2

How about calling a friend to arrange a meeting because you want to have a heart-to-heart talk about something troubling you. So, you meet with your friend, and In the middle of the conversation, the person gets a call. It's as bad as the now antiquated call-waiting which was equally rude. :rage:

Or watching a couple out for a stroll, and both of them are on their phones?

:goodone:

• Like 1

My wife gets annoyed with people who answer calls during their doctor's appt. She says it gets worse and worse. If they answer a call, she just keeps asking questions now until they finally tell the person on the phone "I have to go"
  • Like 2

My wife gets annoyed with people who answer calls during their doctor's appt. She says it gets worse and worse. If they answer a call, she just keeps asking questions now until they finally tell the person on the phone "I have to go"

:LOL: Good one.

Or the people in the check out line that feel the need to let the whole world know how important there life is. :wacko:

• Like 1

It's funny because I am on-call once in a while and I am embarrassed if I am on a call while checking out at the store. I feel like a rude asshole. Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 2

Back in the day, I worked in a home improvement store, in the receiving/customer pickup area. I still remember a lady with an order in one hand and a cell phone in the other, and she was just babbling away. I walked past her several times without even looking at her. It would have been quite rude to interrupt her conversation, so I just let her be......:)
  • Like 2

I've never seen it to the extent described in this thread. A few of my buddies did it when they were first able to text but when I pointed out how much it looked like they wanted to be with the person they were texting as opposed to hanging out they realized it and stopped.
  • Like 1

I've never owned a cell phone, does this mean I'm gonna be the last man on earth fighting phone zombies like Chuck Heston in the Omega Man? :16ton:

It means,

Ducks would have a hell of a time texting with wings. :LOL:

I've never owned a cell phone, does this mean I'm gonna be the last man on earth fighting phone zombies like Chuck Heston in the Omega Man? :16ton:

It's because you couldn't pass the cell phone background check...

• Like 1

It's because you couldn't pass the cell phone background check...

I'm not an animal I'm a...duck! :boohoo:

It means,

We use our bills, and they go well with the phone bills. :syrinx:

• Like 2

It means,

:laughing guy:

It means,

A duck walks into a pharmacy, and asks for Chapstick. The cashier says, "Cash or check?" and the duck says, "Just put it on my bill."

What kind of weather excites a pet duck? Fowl weather.

What does a Duck like to eat with soup? Quackers

What do you call a create of Ducks? A box of quackers.

Why do ducks fly south for the winter? Because it's too far to walk.

Which side of the Duck has the most feathers? The outside!

• Like 3

It means,

A duck walks into a pharmacy, and asks for Chapstick. The cashier says, "Cash or check?" and the duck says, "Just put it on my bill."

What kind of weather excites a pet duck? Fowl weather.

What does a Duck like to eat with soup? Quackers

What do you call a create of Ducks? A box of quackers.

Why do ducks fly south for the winter? Because it's too far to walk.

Which side of the Duck has the most feathers? The outside!

:clap: