All The World's A Stage VS Different Stages CD3

YYZumbi

17 members have voted

1. 1. What live album is best?

• All The World's A Stage
    • Different Stages CD3

I wish I had been at this concert. :wub:

Me too. I listened to the whole thing last night on headphones (explains the long post), and for me any shortcomings that might be present are overwhelmed by the energy of it plus what I imagine it must have been like!

It was awesome!! :haz: :codger:

Click on the link and go to September 26th. You can view the set list and a photo of the ticket. $6.50. :D :rush:

http://www.2112.net/...tours/Tours.htm

Troutman, you were there??? Luck lucky lucky man!

you have to click on the AFTK setlist link though

I was there 10/1/77 same set list though :)

We were so lucky to be around back then! :codger: :haz: :7up: :rush:

indeed! we may be old but we got to see all the cool bands! I saw Led Zeppelin that same year :haz:

:codger:

• Like 2

I even had a COS belt buckle.

:laughing guy: A collectors' item to be sure!

Yeah,

It was one of those huge 70's type of buckles. :P

I just remembered,

I also had a small round pin of COS. Some thing you might put on a cap.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

I wish I had been at this concert. :wub:

Me too. I listened to the whole thing last night on headphones (explains the long post), and for me any shortcomings that might be present are overwhelmed by the energy of it plus what I imagine it must have been like!

It was awesome!! :haz: :codger:

Click on the link and go to September 26th. You can view the set list and a photo of the ticket. $6.50. :D :rush:

http://www.2112.net/...tours/Tours.htm

Troutman, you were there??? Luck lucky lucky man!

you have to click on the AFTK setlist link though

I was there 10/1/77 same set list though :)

We were so lucky to be around back then! :codger: :haz: :7up: :rush:

indeed! we may be old but we got to see all the cool bands! I saw Led Zeppelin that same year :haz:

:codger:

Dude,

Thanks for rubbing it in. :madra: :D

Troutman, I clicked on that link you provided. Those can't be all of the tour dates and places?

Not sure,

But it seems like a pretty long tour. I was just pointing out the concert I attended. :D

Troutman, I clicked on that link you provided. Those can't be all of the tour dates and places?

Not sure,

But it seems like a pretty long tour. I was just pointing out the concert I attended. :D

I'm asking because it is inconceivable to me that Rush never played in New York City until the eighties. I find it hard to believe. That is why I am asking.

Not sure,

I'm asking because it is inconceivable to me that Rush never played in New York City until the eighties. I find it hard to believe. That is why I am asking.

Pardon me. I see they did their Hemisphere tour at the Palladium in 1979, but then didn't come back for a few years. ESL concert was in New Jersey (1981). Rush didn't play in NYC again until Grace Under Pressure. :o

No wonder why my youth was so Rush deprived.

Edited by Lorraine

Not sure,

Who knows,

Back then, I think a lot of up and coming bands just wanted to play what ever gig they could get. I guess you would have to ask the band.

Not sure,

I have the Robert Telleria book, and he has Rush playing NYC at the Palladium on Nov 12, 1977. Telleria's book is full of grammatical errors, but I don't know if it is full of factual errors...

Not sure,

Pardon me. I see they did their Hemisphere tour at the Palladium in 1979, but then didn't come back for a few years. ESL concert was in New Jersey (1981). Rush didn't play in NYC again until Grace Under Pressure. :o

No wonder why my youth was so Rush deprived.

Also,

Buffalo has always been a huge draw for the band.

Not sure,

I have the Robert Telleria book, and he has Rush playing NYC at the Palladium on Nov 12, 1977. Telleria's book is full of grammatical errors, but I don't know if it is full of factual errors...

Then the tour dates on the site are incomplete.

Not sure,

Who knows,

Back then, I think a lot of up and coming bands just wanted to play what ever gig they could get. I guess you would have to ask the band.

I will. I'll give one of them a call right now.

• Like 1

They're both great, but the energy, improvisation, and setlist of ATWAS is just better. Any song on both albums is better on ATWAS, and although I love having a great live version of Cygnus X-1, it's not as good as having a balls to the wall version of By-Tor.

Having an extra 20 minutes of Rush on ATWAS makes the choice much easier, for me.

• Like 2

Not sure,

Who knows,

I will. I'll give one of them a call right now.

:LOL:

Say hello for me ok?

BTW, now I am taking a stroll down memory lane. Its kind of bittersweet. Bitter in the fact that not knowing what ever happened to all of the stuff I had and is any of it still around? Sweet in the fact that I was lucky enough to be around at the time and to see so many great bands. You seem like a huge fan especially AFTK. If I still had the stuff I would gladly send it to you. You would freak out. :D :rush:

• Like 1

They're both great, but the energy, improvisation, and setlist of ATWAS is just better. Any song on both albums is better on ATWAS, and although I love having a great live version of Cygnus X-1, it's not as good as having a balls to the wall version of By-Tor.

Having an extra 20 minutes of Rush on ATWAS makes the choice much easier, for me.

:goodone:

I think the versions of Anthem and By tor are more powerful on DS...the difference is in Neil's playing.. Listen to both versions of the drum breaks in By Tor.. He is just a bit quicker and more explosive in the 78 version

Not sure,

Yes, it is full of factual errors. There was a website or a forum post somewhere that listed all of them.

Rush first played in New York City (Electric Ladyland studios actually) in 1974.

• Like 1