Fly By Night

erm2020

Hi, all -

I'm a long time Rush fan and recently wrote about the album Fly By Night for my blog. You can find it here.

My blog is about a project I'm undertaking in which I listened to all the albums in my collection and now am counting down my top 100. Fly By Night is only #92, but others will appear on the list, I'm sure!

I'm so happy I found this site! I got into Rush in 1981 by listening to my older sister's copy of Exit ... Stage Left. I like many different genres of rock and pop, but Rush always remains near the top!

erm2020

• Like 2

I studied Journalism. That article would have failed completely.

But bravo you had fun! Shame I didn't reading it...sorry too long winded, keep the humour next time erm2020, but get to the point sooner!

• Like 1

I skipped the "nerd" stuff and went right to the album stuff. From there it was a pretty good read but I did have to skip a lot.

I did NOT take a journalism class and hardly read at all. :huh:

• Like 1

I skipped the "nerd" stuff and went right to the album stuff. From there it was a pretty good read but I did have to skip a lot.

I did NOT take a journalism class and hardly read at all. :huh:

Normally when people right blogs it is because they are trying to establish a name for themselves...hence my critique! I think he has potential if that is what he is doing, but just needs to refine his own personal style a little...

• Like 1

That blog sucked so hard that it literally made me want to sh*t on my computer.

Rivendell is cool. So is the "philosophical bullsh*t" of Anthem.

Phruck your stereotypical apologies for Geddy's voice of that era as well as Rush's subject matter...and your absolutely lame overused trite unoriginal descriptions.

I don't even think msnbc would hire you...no matter how stereotypically left-wing your blogging style. And, remember...those are the same doo-chez that hired Al Sharpton. "Resist we much"...

Immense failure.

Phruck your stereotypical apologies for Geddy's voice of that era as well as Rush's subject matter...and your absolutely lame overused trite unoriginal descriptions.

I don't even think msnbc would hire you...no matter how stereotypically left-wing your blogging style. And, remember...those are the same doo-chez that hired Al Sharpton. "Resist we much"...

Immense failure.

Is this really fair considering everything you said could equally compare with your dire and childish comment about Presto in another thread?

Seriously dude...this blog is by another fan and he had fun writing it!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

I thought it was a good review....too much nerd talk for my taste. And damn me if i didn't laugh at loud at Ged sounding like a teen girl in a slasher film.........that shit was funny. Oh and Spaghetti Lee should lighten up.

Mick

• Like 1

Immense failure.

Is this really fair considering everything you said could equally compare with your dire and childish comment about Presto in another thread?

I agree with you. Those comments were really rude and childish. Sure the blog could use some work, but these idiotic replies to everything are really getting old.

• Like 1

Immense failure.

I agree with you. Those comments were really rude and childish. Sure the blog could use some work, but these idiotic replies to everything are really getting old.

I am up for having a laff and I love a bit of childish banter, but good grief this is just getting ridiculous! Have your say, but show some respect!

• Like 2

Immense failure.

Yes it's fair, because you can NOT "equally compare" Fly By Night and Pissto...one is great and one has two or three OK songs. You just simply cannot compare "In the End" to "Available Sh*t" as simply contemplating doing so causes a hungry child in a 3rd world country somewhere to be attacked by a rabid polar bear who is upset over global warming.

Immense failure.

Yes it's fair, because you can NOT "equally compare" Fly By Night and Pissto...one is great and one has two or three OK songs. You just simply cannot compare "In the End" to "Available Sh*t" as simply contemplating doing so causes a hungry child in a 3rd world country somewhere to be attacked by a rabid polar bear who is upset over global warming.

:wtf: :bitchslap: :wtf:

Immense failure.

Take your meds and a nappy poo. it's just an album.

Wow.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Immense failure.

I kind of hope erm2020 doesn't take offense...

And Spaghetti Betty, Available Light is a much better song than In The End. (Did you see how I responded with my own opinion without talking like a pratt?)

• Like 1

Immense failure.

C'mon. No need to be so harsh. You can give a critique without attacking. I think he should have wrote 2 posts. One about his feelings involving nerd culture and one about fly by night. If one of his albums is a guns n roses album is he going to write 500 words on drug addiction and being an asshole before he discusses the songs? I doubt it. Biggest mistake is assuming rush fans are nerds. Rush fans are from all walks of life and cultures.

• Like 3

Immense failure.

C'mon. No need to be so harsh. You can give a critique without attacking. I think he should have wrote 2 posts. One about his feelings involving nerd culture and one about fly by night. If one of his albums is a guns n roses album is he going to write 500 words on drug addiction and being an asshole before he discusses the songs? I doubt it. Biggest mistake is assuming rush fans are nerds. Rush fans are from all walks of life and cultures.

I am a nerd AND recently got offered a chance to do fashion modelling work...

• Like 1

Immense failure.

I kind of hope erm2020 doesn't take offense...

And Spaghetti Betty, Available Light is a much better song than In The End. (Did you see how I responded with my own opinion without talking like a pratt?)

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1294073371011_5232716.png

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Spaghetti Lee

Immense failure.

I am a nerd AND recently got offered a chance to do fashion modelling work...

Did you take up the offer? :P

I can stil remember getting FBN for Christmas back in 1977. :7up:

Immense failure.

Don't feed the troll

Immense failure.

I know, I'm feeding...

but please try to move beyond potty humor. Seriously. It's understandable that my 3-year old still revels in poo and piss and such. Not so much for a member of this board.

Immense failure.

The one trick pony once again seeks to make every thread disgusting.

• Like 1

Hi, all -

I'm a long time Rush fan and recently wrote about the album Fly By Night for my blog. You can find it here.

My blog is about a project I'm undertaking in which I listened to all the albums in my collection and now am counting down my top 100. Fly By Night is only #92, but others will appear on the list, I'm sure!

I'm so happy I found this site! I got into Rush in 1981 by listening to my older sister's copy of Exit ... Stage Left. I like many different genres of rock and pop, but Rush always remains near the top!

erm2020

A sister who got you into Rush? +500 points :D

I liked your blog entry. Genuine and honest with a sense of humour...a lifelong a Rush fan who writes of his love for the band.

What's not to love about that. :D

You'll fit in on TRF very well. Welcome! :)

• Like 2