Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

Carolina able to run out the clock and have a winning season!

Yay!

A positive note for the Gamecocks to end on, by beating evil Miami, in a forgettable season.

Still, that positive note is much better note to end on then a negative one would have been by losing to that same evil Miami.

Yeah, I remember when I was a kid and we lost to them in a bowl. Ugh.

Anyway, per Spurrier, all coaches will be retained through the recruiting cycle, and Lattimore will be on the staff next year in a small capacity, so that's that and I'll quit my complaining on that subject, and hope we improve over the off season.

I didn't get to watch it, but the defense seemed to play really well today, got turnovers, and did it without JT Surratt.

Happy New Year, DPR!

I had the game on at my personal abode from the kickoff.

Watching the first quarter made me start thinking about taking a long walk down my country lane instead of watching the Gamecocks look like complete shit and losing to Miami. Fortunately, the one bright spot of the first quarter was that the Gamecocks defense was giving up field goals instead of touch downs. That was something. I was thinking along the lines of, okay, here we go, a game where the defense plays well enough to win, only the offense sucks.

But, then, the awesome second quarter, where the Gamecocks offense comes to life, scoring 17 points, while the defense shuts Miami out, going into halftime up 17-6.

From then, it was a scare when Miami closed to within 3, I had brief visions of SC choking away another game in the 4th, but they didn't.

Yay.

I didn't get to watch it, but the defense seemed to play really well today, got turnovers, and did it without JT Surratt.

Yeah, the defense played well, for the most part. Got the pleasure of watching Gamecocks defenders make great open field tackles quite a bit during that game; a feeling that has been seriously lacking this whole season.

Edited by Closer to the Heart

About the playoff: noticed when studying the Bowl Game schedule that the new Playoff brings back to life the profound significance that New Years Day has on CFB.

Sadly, during the BCS years, the significance of NYD in the CFB world was greatly diminished, since the best teams did not play on that day.

Now, they do. Again.

LSU the first SEC team to go down in bowl play.

SEC 3-1 atm

Worst record so far for the major conferences is the Big 12, at 0-3.

ACC is second worst, at 3-4.

Both SEC and ACC currently playing a game against each other, in the form of Georgia-Louisville.

Nice win by Notre Dame beating LSU.

It was nicely won by ND, indeed. Good final drive to win the game on a short field goal as time expired.

I say that even though I was pulling for LSU.

Other games of note so far include Oklahoma's laughable performance yesterday against Clemson. I stopped watching when it got to 34-0, Okla was so bad that it became funny. Bob Stoops in impotent raging is always amusing to me.

The folks in the upstate have a lot to cheer for and be hopeful about. Four straight 10+ win seasons and very few seniors. And Watson will be back for at least 2 more years.

By my count clemson and Carolina have beaten Oklahoma, Michigan, Miami, LSU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and. Nebraska in their last 7 combined bowls. Not too shabby for our little state.

Let's go Maryland!

Stanford rocks Maryland, and the PAC 12 is now 4-0 in 2014 Bowl Games.

To quote the Lizard King, the West is the best, baby.

Thought it was 3-0. I will check the bowl results again to see which Pac 12 team I have overlooked.

Ah, Utah. Still haven't gotten accustomed to thinking of them as a Pac 12 team.

Stupid conference realignments.

Well, Utah being in the Pac 12 makes a lot more sense than some other recent conference shifts, like Maryland now being in the Big 10.

Arizona goes down to Boise State, being the first Pac 12 team to lose in a bowl game this season.

Current standings of major football conferences in this bowl season:

Pac 12: 4-1

SEC: 4-2

Big 10: 2-3

ACC: 3-5

Big 12: 1-3

Another SEC v ACC game later tonight.

Arizona goes down to Boise State, being the first Pac 12 team to lose in a bowl game this season.

Current standings of major football conferences in this bowl season:

Pac 12: 4-1

SEC: 4-2

Big 10: 2-3

ACC: 3-5

Big 12: 1-3

Another SEC v ACC game later tonight.

AZ looked like the team that laid an egg against Oregon in the PAC-12 championship. Just no running game. Congrat's to Boise State...another western team. :)

(Horrible helmets)

Yesterday was a bad day for the Miss schools. At one time during this season, both of them were dreaming of a National Championship, but in the end their seasons were not so great after all.

Update: SEC now 4-3, ACC 4-5