What was your first post at TRF about? Do you remember?

Tom Sawyer

Yup... it was October 10 2006 and I posted about how a colleague of mine ran into Alex and Neil I think or maybe Geddy at a Raptors game and he asked what they were doing in town and they told him they were recording a new album. This was before S&A got announced and I got some people asking me "WHERE'S YOUR SOURCE?!" and a lot of people not believing me... but in the end look who was right.

:P

Completely off topic but every time I glance at your avatar she looks like she's farted.

• Like 1

Yup... it was October 10 2006 and I posted about how a colleague of mine ran into Alex and Neil I think or maybe Geddy at a Raptors game and he asked what they were doing in town and they told him they were recording a new album. This was before S&A got announced and I got some people asking me "WHERE'S YOUR SOURCE?!" and a lot of people not believing me... but in the end look who was right.

Completely off topic but every time I glance at your avatar she looks like she's farted.

Good1 but yours looks like he is picking his nose. At least mine is just ugly... :D
  • Like 1

Or lookin like that Penguin is shoving a Hockey stick up her deriair . ( And seems to be enjoying it )

• Like 2

Or lookin like that Penguin is shoving a Hockey stick up her deriair . ( And seems to be enjoying it )

I thought I had an imagination. Apparently not.... :D
  • Like 1

Yours looks like he's giving the microphone a snog (lamest joke I could have thought of their, I know).

No .. That would be oriental ladies in bags *

* Need to know a bit of old rock history to get that bit .

I remember my first post quite well, actually. Someone criticised the lyrics to Workin' Them Angels, suggesting that because Neil is a very cautious adventurer who always makes sure to cover his ass when he goes out to do anything risky, it's self-aggrandising for him to be talking about "working them angels" as if he ever actually puts himself in real danger. I posted that I didn't care whether the lyrics were based on Neil's real life or if he wrote them without ever having left his bedroom, because they became a beautiful and meaningful song, and that's what I care about. I recall that the poster to whom I was replying gave me a :goodone:
  • Like 3

That's an artist's rendition of me... and maybe I like having hockey sticks shoved up my butt.

:eyeroll:

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree
  • Like 1

I remember my first post quite well, actually. Someone criticised the lyrics to Workin' Them Angels, suggesting that because Neil is a very cautious adventurer who always makes sure to cover his ass when he goes out to do anything risky, it's self-aggrandising for him to be talking about "working them angels" as if he ever actually puts himself in real danger. I posted that I didn't care whether the lyrics were based on Neil's real life or if he wrote them without ever having left his bedroom, because they became a beautiful and meaningful song, and that's what I care about. I recall that the poster to whom I was replying gave me a :goodone:

I remember that! You seemed like an intelligent person from the first post. :) It's good you had such a positive response to your first post... I guess not everyone is so lucky it seems.

• Like 1

I remember that! You seemed like an intelligent person from the first post. :) It's good you had such a positive response to your first post... I guess not everyone is so lucky it seems.

Because I'm pathetic and have nothing better to do today, I actually looked up that post. Here it is: http://www.therushfo..._60#entry960837

That was back when I was still naive enough to try to be a voice of reason around here :rfl:

• Like 3

Because I'm pathetic and have nothing better to do today, I actually looked up that post. Here it is: http://www.therushfo..._60#entry960837

That was back when I was still naive enough to try to be a voice of reason around here :rfl:

How sad am I... I looked up Narpski's for him :)

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/84707-rush-on-the-five/

I think it's the same one he found

• Like 1

http://www.therushfo...sh-on-the-five/

Thanks for doing that. You're a good man IMO despite what I have heard. So that is my first post huh? Four days after joining? Damn once I got started its been hard to stop me.... :D

http://www.therushfo...sh-on-the-five/

Thanks for doing that. You're a good man IMO despite what I have heard. So that is my first post huh? Four days after joining? Damn once I got started its been hard to stop me.... :D

So are you warning the ladies... or bragging??

Don't remember for sure but my guess is that it had something to do with finding this great place after the fall of trinet. Members there disappeared like they were abducted by aliens and I joined here and found many of them here after being banned over there.
  • Like 1

It was the 21st of December, so there was a thread about it being Rush Day (21/12) and people were discussing what they were doing to celebrate Rush day... I said that I celebrated Rush day by joining a Rush forum...and that was my first post.

And I remember that Rush Cocky was the first person to welcome me to the forum :)

• Like 1

Don't remember for sure but my guess is that it had something to do with finding this great place after the fall of trinet. Members there disappeared like they were abducted by aliens and I joined here and found many of them here after being banned over there.

Oh yes the Trinet immigration :LOL: What a load of drama that place was.

:hi:

I can't remember but I remember I decided to try this place over Rushisaband.com (the design of the website scared me off) after lurking here for a while. It was after seeing Rush live I wanted to "socialize" with other fans.

I love this place. Facebook can kiss my ass and go to Hell, but I'd be sad if this place were not to be.

Never seen a place where all of the drama was created by admin and then when members responded admin banned them. What's the point of administering a site where the main point is to screw with members and ban them. Who has time for that? Rudy I guess. Oh yeah, I joined on the 24th of May.

• Like 2

Wonder how many people join and never post ?

Looking at the members list there are 596 pages of members * 20 members per page = 11920 members.

Looking at the post count there are about 5400 people who have never posted at all, and 8720 members who have made 10 or fewer posts.

Then there are all the guests who never join.

I remember lurking around mostly after signing up, but I devoured those "what's your fave song off this album?" threads haha. I remember answering all of those first haha

I never even got to see it.