2015 Tour - MAJOR wood!

Khan

I though this Tiger Woods thread was in rhe wrong section until...

"The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

The specifics of the tour are still in flux. "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do," says Lifeson. "But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things."

:o :o :yay: :hail: :rush:

• Like 3

I thought they might go for a more broad-based show next time. It kind of makes me even more glad I got to see the quirky deep-cut extravaganza that was the Clockwork Angels Tour. :)

Oh God YESSSSS! With a long tour I hope they go to Winnipeg again. Or at the very least, Minneapolis. If they are doing this for the fans, I want more deep cut synth tracks, and for them to do Cygnus X-1 to end the first half, leave the image of the black hole on the screen during intermission, and come back with hemispheres for the second.
  • Like 1

Oh God YESSSSS! With a long tour I hope they go to Winnipeg again. Or at the very least, Minneapolis. If they are doing this for the fans, I want more deep cut synth tracks, and for them to do Cygnus X-1 to end the first half, leave the image of the black hole on the screen during intermission, and come back with hemispheres for the second.

Audacious! :haz:

I'd prefer if they WERE going to do something that they'd create new music.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'll take anything....any time.

• Like 1

I don't know how much rarer they can get than the CA tour. Who the hell ever expected to hear Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, The Body Electric, or Manhattan Project again?

I'm guessing if they actual do do some rarer stuff, they'll put out some of the lesser talked about tracks from HYF, Presto, RTB, CP, and TFE, plus easier 70's stuff like Cinderella Man, In The End, Necromancer medley, Twilight Zone, and possibly the Fear Trilogy.

I'm not hoping for it, but I wonder if behind closed doors they are considering a farewell tour. Alex mentioned that they want it to be a real fan event, and that it will be a long tour.

I hope not. Besides, doesn't Alex have a history of misinforming Rush fans at the front end of news announcements?

• Like 1

git over that jacobs ladder shit. go f*k

I'm not hoping for it, but I wonder if behind closed doors they are considering a farewell tour. Alex mentioned that they want it to be a real fan event, and that it will be a long tour.

I hope not. Besides, doesn't Alex have a history of misinforming Rush fans at the front end of news announcements?

im an oklehoma boy too. stilwell

I'm not hoping for it, but I wonder if behind closed doors they are considering a farewell tour.

Extremely unlikely, IMO. They've never been prone to such self-serving promotions. Also, I've read more than once how they wouldn't make any big deal about hanging it up. After they finish a record and supporting Tour, if they feel like they're done, then they'll hang it up without much fanfare.

• Like 1

You know what I think would be a kickass rarity to hear live? Here Again. Oh, how amazing that would be!

I though this Tiger Woods thread was in rhe wrong section until...

"The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."

The specifics of the tour are still in flux. "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do," says Lifeson. "But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things."

:o :o :yay: :hail: :rush:

A fan event. For me that would be getting my hug from Geddy. And then I can die happy.