Eddie Trunk mentions RUSH is recording anew album on Hair Nation

losingit2k

Rolling Stone interview with Geddy, September 23rd, 2013

So is 2015 the soonest you can see anything happening?

I think so. Something like that. . . The plan now is to have no plans. We have had a great 10 years of tour, album, tour album. I can honestly say that the three of us enjoyed this tour more than any one we've ever done. We left on a high note, but we recognize that we need to pay attention to our families and recharge our batteries. So we decided that we're just not going to discuss anything for a little while.

What's it like knowing that your calendar for 2014 is blank? Is that exciting or just kind of weird?

It's exciting for me because I get to spend a lot of time traveling with my wife. We love to do that. I am officially an empty nester now, so my wife and I have time on our hands. We have all kinds of trips planned, things we wanted to do for years but we put off. This is going to be a busy year for us. I'm totally fine with that

As usual, Eddie Trunk is full of shit. :yes:

never trust trunk. the guy thinks firehouse and britny fox are better than slayer

I wouldn't listen to Eddie Trunk unless he's talking about Kiss.. So I wouldn't listen to Eddie Trunk..

I'd go directly to holding Geddy hostage. :ph34r:

My demands would be simple and include me leaving unharmed and unobstructed with the bass player :P

What about his wife and kids and secret wine expert girlfriend? They's call in your colleagues in blue, you'd be a rogue copper! :d13:

That's the only Stynx song I like!

I prefer this Renegade though...

It seems we are at an impasse. I like me some Tommy Shaw ;) Geddy will have to listen to Styx in my abduction van instead of Thin Lizzy. :P

Styx was a kickass show! I don't care what anyone says. Over 2 hours long and it melted my face off. :D

I saw them July 4, 2011 and it was a kickass show for sure. It wasn't 2 hours, but I remember they played Suite Madam Blue and Man in the Wilderness back to back. They actually opened up for Yes which was ridiculous because Yes was sans Rick Wakeman (and Jon Anderson) and sounded horrible that day. Styx blew them off the stage IMO.

I think Trunk may be half right. Doubt we'll see another full-length album/tour after R41. Predict a couple new singles released right before the anniversary tour next spring, they spend approx 18 months on the road in 2015-16, then hang it up triumphantly.

Isnt it possible Geddy and Alex are jamming a bit? Do they still live within walking distance of each other? Taking a break is one thing, but how hard is it to pick up a guitar and play once in a while?

I was thinking this too. I doubt they put their instruments down at the end of the tour haven't picked them up again. They could be recording bits and pieces and playing around with songs now, especially since Geddy has the studio in his house.

• Like 1

Isnt it possible Geddy and Alex are jamming a bit? Do they still live within walking distance of each other? Taking a break is one thing, but how hard is it to pick up a guitar and play once in a while?

I was thinking this too. I doubt they put their instruments down at the end of the tour haven't picked them up again. They could be recording bits and pieces and playing around with songs now, especially since Geddy has the studio in his house.

Yeah its as easy now as

Geddy: "Hey Lerxt, come on over I need to show you something."

Alex: " I've told ya many a times, I don't go that way!"

Geddy: " Just bring your guitar!"

:Alex: :geddy: All night long!