Eddie Trunk mentions RUSH is recording anew album on Hair Nation

losingit2k

Damn, if it's true there's a GemininRising79 btich fest on the horizon.

My life has been happier since I've blocked his posts, so I am afraid to ask: why would he bitch about a new album?

I didn't realize you could block posts from one person, but really why would you do this? One day he might say something you agree with and you'll miss out.. ;)

• Like 1

I think this is a load of crap, personally. It has been mentioned be each member of the band that they are taking this year off completely. I think towards the end of the year Alex and Geddy might start woodshedding, but I doubt we'll see them in the studio until sometime in 2015.

Are you gonna work security?? ;)

Get Michael Mosbach on the horn! :madra: :madra:

I think this is a load of crap, personally. It has been mentioned be each member of the band that they are taking this year off completely. I think towards the end of the year Alex and Geddy might start woodshedding, but I doubt we'll see them in the studio until sometime in 2015.

Are you gonna work security?? ;)

Get Michael Mosbach on the horn! :madra: :madra:

I don't remember the names of security people :P :eyeroll: :LOL:

Damn, if it's true there's a GemininRising79 btich fest on the horizon.

My life has been happier since I've blocked his posts, so I am afraid to ask: why would he bitch about a new album?

I didn't realize you could block posts from one person, but really why would you do this? One day he might say something you agree with and you'll miss out.. ;)

I'll somehow learn to live with that mystery.

• Like 2

I just know because I've met him several times. Nice guy, just don't try anything stupid. :P

Security vs security?

:smash:

I'd go directly to holding Geddy hostage. :ph34r:

My demands would be simple and include me leaving unharmed and unobstructed with the bass player :P

My demands would be simple and include me leaving unharmed and unobstructed with the bass player :P

What about his wife and kids and secret wine expert girlfriend? They's call in your colleagues in blue, you'd be a rogue copper! :d13:

What about his wife and kids and secret wine expert girlfriend? They's call in your colleagues in blue, you'd be a rogue copper! :d13:

Edited by Rushchick10

That's the only Stynx song I like!

I prefer this Renegade though...

It seems we are at an impasse. I like me some Tommy Shaw ;) Geddy will have to listen to Styx in my abduction van instead of Thin Lizzy. :P

• Like 1

It seems we are at an impasse. I like me some Tommy Shaw ;) Geddy will have to listen to Styx in my abduction van instead of Thin Lizzy. :P

Well as long as I don't hear them I'm fine with that. :P

What's up with the youtube vids in here all of a sudden? :eh:

You brokes it. :P

It worked before! :unsure:

...and then Treeduck brokes it. :fuckinputer:

If you had asked me when I thought we would see a new Rush album I probably would have said 2016. I imagine if Trunk said it he was speculating. Y'all relax, it will be a while yet.

I don't think Eddie Trunk would speculate on such a thing. Besides recording an album is not as demanding as touring I would think. Maybe they started earlier so they could take their time and do it right. It seemed to work for Clockwork Angels. I think they have decided to tour in two years (2016) and desire to have a new material to tour with. If they are in good health and spirit, Why not start now and take all the time they need?

:codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Styx was a kickass show! I don't care what anyone says. Over 2 hours long and it melted my face off. :D

• Like 2

Interview with Geddy - November 13, 2013

2014 will mark the 40th anniversary of the band’s self-titled debut album, and given the industry’s penchant for celebrating anniversaries you might expect another tour. Nope: “We’re off the whole year. We’re turning the machines off and recharging our batteries. We’ve been doing a lot of touring and writing over the last 10 years. It’d be much smarter for us to be out on the road promoting our 40th anniversary, especially after the Hall of Fame Induction. Thankfully we’re not very smart, so we’re gonna take a holiday and try and enjoy it.

I remember another interview with Geddy saying that he felt he had more tour left in him and he wanted to keep going, but Alex wanted to be home and Neil wanted to spend time with his daughter. Geddy also mentioned that he and his wife are now officially "Empty Nesters," so they were going to focus on spending time together (traveling, etc.). So, I REALLY doubt that they are doing anything but enjoying life right now.

If I can find that other interview I will post quotes from it as well.

Edited by Rushchick10

Rolling Stone interview with Geddy, September 23rd, 2013

So is 2015 the soonest you can see anything happening?

I think so. Something like that. . . The plan now is to have no plans. We have had a great 10 years of tour, album, tour album. I can honestly say that the three of us enjoyed this tour more than any one we've ever done. We left on a high note, but we recognize that we need to pay attention to our families and recharge our batteries. So we decided that we're just not going to discuss anything for a little while.

What's it like knowing that your calendar for 2014 is blank? Is that exciting or just kind of weird?

It's exciting for me because I get to spend a lot of time traveling with my wife. We love to do that. I am officially an empty nester now, so my wife and I have time on our hands. We have all kinds of trips planned, things we wanted to do for years but we put off. This is going to be a busy year for us. I'm totally fine with that

As usual, Eddie Trunk is full of shit. :yes:

Edited by Rushchick10
  • Like 1

Well now it doesn't really matter, because they are getting the year off and then are straight off to rehearsals for new tour alex was talking about! They don't sound happy about it, well Alex at least. The way he made it sound is that they wanted a whole year off, but they already made plans for a spring tour.

Well now I now why they might be recording new Stuff. They probably want new material for their 41st Anniversary Tour in 2015. Probably release two tracks in early spring prior to the Tour. Wow!!! Two back to Back days of great RUSH news. I hope they play all of PeW.... It will be the 35th Anniversary of that Album in 2015!

:drool: