So... What's happening on the 40th Anniversary?

Freeze-Frame

as for the folks saying they've got several albums left in them - I don't think there's a chance. I don't see how they could top clockwork angels, I mean they've taken the modern rock thing they've been doing for 20 years as far as it can go, and clockwork was their best album in 20 something years I thought, so unless the next record is a prog album like their 70s/early 80s stuff, which we know it won't be, I'm perfectly fine with them going out with clockwork

If Clockwork is the last "new" music they make, I can make peace with that. I don't want to hear more of that type of recording anyway..... :)

What "type" are you referring to?

The layers upon layers upon layers..... :huh:

Ah... I agree with that. :boo hiss:

It really is hard for me to listen too. Don't like VT for the same reason. Way to much noise. Just my opinion... :)

I would agree with that in relation to the original release but the remix is so much better.

as for the folks saying they've got several albums left in them - I don't think there's a chance. I don't see how they could top clockwork angels, I mean they've taken the modern rock thing they've been doing for 20 years as far as it can go, and clockwork was their best album in 20 something years I thought, so unless the next record is a prog album like their 70s/early 80s stuff, which we know it won't be, I'm perfectly fine with them going out with clockwork

If Clockwork is the last "new" music they make, I can make peace with that. I don't want to hear more of that type of recording anyway..... :)

What "type" are you referring to?

The layers upon layers upon layers..... :huh:

Ah... I agree with that. :boo hiss:

It really is hard for me to listen too. Don't like VT for the same reason. Way to much noise. Just my opinion... :)

I would agree with that in relation to the original release but the remix is so much better.

Can't dig that either..... I am just impossible...... :)

I agree. I find The Garden to be a perfect ending to a career in song witting, and I too don't think they can top Clockwork Angels.

As for touring though, don't stop that. We all know that's where they make their money so if there has to an incentive to continue, let it be that cash cow and just tour on their catalog. I don't really know of too many people who won't go see them if them f they don't come out with new material. Hell on the last tour most people didn't even respond to the CA stuff.

Some of u are strikingly deluded believing that CA is a fitting end to Rush's career. To me its an aberration....as is everything thats been produced since 2000.

So you would have been satisfied if they hung it up after T4E?

If they quit after T4E it would have been 'cuz people stopped liking them after that POS.

Some of u are strikingly deluded believing that CA is a fitting end to Rush's career. To me its an aberration....as is everything thats been produced since 2000.

No way, but they need to start being creative again and get away from this awful phase of music theyve been in for way too long.

No way, but they need to start being creative again and get away from this awful phase of music theyve been in for way too long.

I understand what you're saying but I have a feeling if we get more albums it's going to be more of the same. If they'd go more instrumental it would be awesome. They can still rock like no other band but when they try to write melodies that's when the problems arise.

I understand what you're saying but I have a feeling if we get more albums it's going to be more of the same. If they'd go more instrumental it would be awesome. They can still rock like no other band but when they try to write melodies that's when the problems arise.

I agree. Expect more of the same droning, full-spectrum aural homogenization. :(

I agree. Expect more of the same droning, full-spectrum aural homogenization. :(

:facepalm:

I dont understand you people that saying that Rush been making bad music during 2000. I think that vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels is Rush best albums since the 70s. Only thing I can complain on is the mixing on Vapor Trails and Clockwork Angels, but they fixed Vapor Trails, so lets hope they fix Clockwork Angels as well.

Other then the bad mixing, I think that its great songs!

• Like 1

Hell, I just like everything by Rush. I don't know why, but that's just me.

As for VT, the original sounds better to me. Just the echo on the vocals on the remix just kill it for me.

I don't see what makes the newer stuff "worse" or the older stuff "better" other than purist nostalgia. They've had hits and misses throughout their career, not just recently. And between having them healthy and rested and having them overworked and missing their families, the choice shouldn't really be that hard.