Alex: Strangest facial expressions in rock n roll?

GeminiRising79

I just stand there while I'm playing my guitar, and the women love me anyway.

I don't need to resort to any goofy-faced theatrics to win girls over.

Yeah, but Lerxst wears a toupee and he's still in the top 3 sexiest men in the world! :o

Cyclonus, Lifeson... who is the third?

GEDDY!

Lately I find myself not buying Alex's "Rock Star" act. I know he's up there entertaining the crowd 'cuz that's what we paid to see, but I just don't believe that in every performance of every song he is really feelin' it. There's no way every time he plays the solo in Ghost Of A Chance, or Limelight, or so many songs he's feeling this euphoric "close my eyes and let this emotion flow through my guitar" feeling. I'm just not buying it and I feel it's kinda contrived and that he feels it's what's expected. Same with the "diggin' in so hard it's makin' me squeeze out a big shit just to get this solo right" face. I've seen him practically have in depth conversations with Geddy on stage and still not miss a note not to mention in the hundreds of other vids out there where he's just rippin' something out and is as care free as can be about it.

Maybe I'm wrong but he can play anything in their catalog with one arm tied behind his back, and I know he's entertaining the crowd, and I know he's doing his job and all that...But I'd just as soon see him shred and be cool about it than to do the act....Just sayin'.

He hams it up when he's in the mood, and he's always in the mood come filming time. He didn't do much of anything when I saw them except take a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back at various points. But I don't particularly care if he stands there indifferently or plods around with a goofy grin on his face all night. He must be doing something right for all these ladies to rank him up there with the likes of me.

• Like 1

That's impressive.

However I think that it's always nice to get a preview of the "O" faces a man make so that the ladies know what to expect and aren't frightened.

The previews are nice. Musicians are in the heat of playing passion. You have to expect that some of that is going to transfer over to the bedroom.
  • Like 1

Lately I find myself not buying Alex's "Rock Star" act. I know he's up there entertaining the crowd 'cuz that's what we paid to see, but I just don't believe that in every performance of every song he is really feelin' it. There's no way every time he plays the solo in Ghost Of A Chance, or Limelight, or so many songs he's feeling this euphoric "close my eyes and let this emotion flow through my guitar" feeling. I'm just not buying it and I feel it's kinda contrived and that he feels it's what's expected. Same with the "diggin' in so hard it's makin' me squeeze out a big shit just to get this solo right" face. I've seen him practically have in depth conversations with Geddy on stage and still not miss a note not to mention in the hundreds of other vids out there where he's just rippin' something out and is as care free as can be about it.

Maybe I'm wrong but he can play anything in their catalog with one arm tied behind his back, and I know he's entertaining the crowd, and I know he's doing his job and all that...But I'd just as soon see him shred and be cool about it than to do the act....Just sayin'.

He hams it up when he's in the mood, and he's always in the mood come filming time. He didn't do much of anything when I saw them except take a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back at various points. But I don't particularly care if he stands there indifferently or plods around with a goofy grin on his face all night. He must be doing something right for all these ladies to rank him up there with the likes of me.

Well said. :clap: Of course he isn't going to be "feeling it" every song at every show. Even if he is just standing there, he's still impressive to watch.
  • Like 2

That's impressive.

However I think that it's always nice to get a preview of the "O" faces a man make so that the ladies know what to expect and aren't frightened.

The ladies won't care after they get their "O" faces going :cool:

• Like 1

Am I the only one that missed this? For whatever reason I was re-watching the Hall of Fame speeches by Rush and something caught my eye. Did u guys catch that cheeky Alex Lifeson holding the his award statue like it was his cock before Neil spoke? Boy, there was certainly some ill-will conveyed on that night! Funny how you could tell it was messing with Neil's sensibilities as Alex did it. Can anyone make a still of that video>?

Am I the only one that missed this? For whatever reason I was re-watching the Hall of Fame speeches by Rush and something caught my eye. Did u guys catch that cheeky Alex Lifeson holding the his award statue like it was his cock before Neil spoke? Boy, there was certainly some ill-will conveyed on that night! Funny how you could tell it was messing with Neil's sensibilities as Alex did it. Can anyone make a still of that video>?

I did not catch it but as soon as I get a chance I shall go home and watch it in slow motion. I'm always too busy watching the way Geddy bites his lower lip during his acceptance speech.

Hell yes I caught that.
  • Like 1

Hell yes I caught that.

Oh my now I definitely must go back.

Hell yes I caught that.

He gets cheekier with age. That F'n guy... :cheers:

Hell yes I caught that.

Oh my now I definitely must go back.

I just rewatched that, and it made me as happy as ever. I love :rush: :D

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 1

This?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Rush/Bluefunk_0107-Jan-141917.jpg

It didn't look intentional to me, but the camera was only on him for a split second. Who knows with Lerxst! :D

This?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Rush/Bluefunk_0107-Jan-141917.jpg

It didn't look intentional to me, but the camera was only on him for a split second. Who knows with Lerxst! :D

about 42 seconds, its definitely intentional!

• Like 2

This?

I cannot tell you how many times I've watched those few seconds. He grabs his award twice. The second time he positions his left hand for a bit longer than the first time. Yeah, I've uh... I've watched this a few times.
  • Like 1

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M7AEi68a20

about 42 seconds, its definitely intentional!

Hehe, that's a better camera angle than on the one I watched. :laughing guy:

• Like 3