List of Fav albums and songs

chasekratzer

If I had to make a list, this would be it:

1. Moving Pictures (Limelight, Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta)

2. 2112 (2112, a passage to bankok, the twlight zone)

3. Signals (Subdivisions, New World Man, the analog kid)

4. Power Windows (The Big Money, Marathon)

5. A Farewell To Kings (Xanadu, Closer To The Heart)

6. Permanent Waves (The Spirit Of Radio, Freewill)

7. Presto (Presto)

8. Roll The Bones (Bravado)

9. Counterparts (Animate)

10. Fly By Night (Fly By Night)

11. Clockwork Angels (Caravan)

12. Vapor Trails (Ghost Rider)

So are the seven other albums just not worthy of inclusion?

Yes. But he has the wrong ones missing and some right ones not included....... ;)
  • Like 1

1) A Farewell To Kings- I have no real favourite. All perfect (not kidding! I adore the soothing Madrigal as it leads to Cygnus X-1 perfectly)

2) Permanent Waves- I love the whole thing, but the chorus to Freewill is just to good to overlook. But its all pretty great!

3) 2112- title track. The rest just spoils us with riches. But the title track is just insane.

4) Moving Pictures- Limelight is my favourite, I also rate highly Witch Hunt.

5) Hemispheres- I love this. I always enjoy The Trees, but La Villa Strangiato is unforgettable.

6) Grace Under Pressure- Distant Early Warning. Perfection.

7) Power Windows- Marathon, Mystic Rhythms, Manhatton Project, Grand Designs, The Big Money...I think this may one day be my number one album. Will have to wait and see...

8) Clockwork Angels- Seven Cities Of Gold, Headlong Flight. But its all great. The production is a bit dense, but its not an issue unique to this album, or even Rush.

9) Signals- Losing It is the most underrated Rush song in the world, alongside Witch Hunt and Double Agent.

10) Roll The Bones- Dreamline, Bravado, Roll The Bones, The Big Wheel

I also love Counterparts and most of Fly By Night.

All of the albums are great

Only some are greater than others...*cough* AFTK *cough*

Excuse me. Hayfever!

They are?

Well...depends on whether you enjoy Totem Poles, Dogs and Echo Testing. Do you like being Driven? Don't Resist...I know you want to answer...

And Roll The Bones is a stone cold classic! And as for Presto, don't ever "Prestop".

• Like 2

I'm just gonna give you my top 5 albums and song's from each.

1. Permanent Waves- Natural Science

2. Power Windows- Tie between Marathon and Grand Designs

3. Signals- Losing it

4. Caress of Steel- Fountain of Lamneth

5- Hold your Fire- 3 way Tie Between Time Stands Still, Mission And Prime Mover.

Mick

• Like 1

Woah Mick - close to yours

1. Permanent waves - natural science

2. Power windows - Marathon (grand designs close second)

3. Moving pictures - limelight

4. A farewell to kings - xanadu

5. 2112 - 2112

• Like 1

They are?

Well...depends on whether you enjoy Totem Poles, Dogs and Echo Testing. Do you like being Driven? Don't Resist...I know you want to answer...

And Roll The Bones is a stone cold classic! And as for Presto, don't ever "Prestop".

Yes, all of them are great. Everything from 2112 to presto.

Dont ever "prestop"!

• Like 1

This morphs on a regular basis but as of today:

Hemispheres - Circumstances

Permanent Waves - Jacob's Ladder

Grace Under Pressure - Between the Wheels/The Body Electric (tie)

Power Windows - Grand Designs

2112 - A Passage To Bangkok

Roll The Bones - Dreamline

Test For Echo - Test For Echo

Vapor Trails - Freeze

They are?

Dont ever "prestop"!

I was mostly teasing Narpet haha!

I will say I think 2112-Counterparts are all great albums, with CP the least of the bunch.

As for Presto, in all seriousness I am finding it more enjoyable than Moving Pictures at the moment, which is surprising me. It is very underrated! Test For Echo is quickly getting old, which I suspected it might!

They are?

Dont ever "prestop"!

I will say I think 2112-Counterparts are all great albums, with CP the least of the bunch.

As for Presto, in all seriousness I am finding it more enjoyable than Moving Pictures at the moment, which is surprising me. It is very underrated! Test For Echo is quickly getting old, which I suspected it might!

Careful not to use the word "great" to loosely..... Just say'in :huh: :)
  • Like 1

As for Presto, in all seriousness I am finding it more enjoyable than Moving Pictures at the moment, which is surprising me. It is very underrated!

"Hey guys, I finally started listening to Yes. Wow, this Union album is really amazing! One of the catchiest records ever! Ranks right up there with Bruce's best. But what's the big deal about Close to the Edge? I just don't get it. :huh: "

:P

• Like 1

As for Presto, in all seriousness I am finding it more enjoyable than Moving Pictures at the moment, which is surprising me. It is very underrated!

"Hey guys, I finally started listening to Yes. Wow, this Union album is really amazing! One of the catchiest records ever! Ranks right up there with Bruce's best. But what's the big deal about Close to the Edge? I just don't get it. :huh: "

I wanna say you are evil. But that was pretty spot on!

Lol ok, 2112-MP are pretty flawless.

Signals is a masterpiece with slightly annoying production issues. Can't put it into words. But yeah.

GuP is a masterpiece. One without any fault.

Power Windows is a grower, and I think its verging on being top five material.

HYF- ok thinking about it maybe not. Oops.

Presto- I think its very underrated. Fun and Available Light and the title track are gems.

Roll The Bones- Rush never made a party album. If they did, it would sound a lot like this. A personal favourite.

Counterparts- great collection of songs, for me this album lacks the flow of the bands finest.

Test For Echo- the only Rush album bettered by Toto.

And while I think about it, special mention goes to AFTK. It is up there with Bruces best.

Me too X-1. I don't understand all the hub bub about this Going For The One recording. Awaken is kind of long and boring and the title track kind of sounds like country.......... :huh: :)
  • Like 2

They are?

Dont ever "prestop"!

Careful not to use the word "great" to loosely..... Just say'in :huh: :)

When it comes to Rush, great is definitely in the ear of the beholder :yes:

• Like 1

Stop mocking me!

I know some Yes. My favourite era is the one with Phil Collins.

• Like 3

Stop mocking me!

I know some Yes. My favourite era is the one with Phil Collins.

Actually, I wasn't mocking you at all! I meant that in my view, all Rush albums can be considered great because they all have levels of playing and creativity on them that qualifies them as great regardless of whether the music on them is to my personal taste or not.

My bad for forgetting about the absence of tone on the Internet :LOL:

Lol I meant Narpet and Cyclonus lol...I posted before I read your post lol! Btw...as long as its Rush what should it matter if our favourite album goes against the grain? Not all of us find the synth era or the nineties to be weaker periods.