Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

On 2/3/2024 at 12:58 PM, goose said:

We've had a great playoff run, but as fun as that video is, to me it shows how crazy KC's success is.  A lot of smoke & mirrors based on amazing plays by the Chiefs and weird decision-making by the opposition.  Not sure that's a recipe for success against the 49ers.

We survived a championship level defensive effort, and ended the game on a brilliant play design.  And Butker  was a hero among heroes today

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, 78jazz said:

Not to mention the question of if they win the division at all.

How's this post aged?

:biggrin:

6 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Congrats Chiefs!!  You did it the hard way.  You took down some really good teams.:pirate:

I think I read somewhere this was the most statistically difficult path any team has ever taken. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I think I read somewhere this was the most statistically difficult path any team has ever taken. 

Cuz we had Toney  :tongue:

• Haha 1

Rewatching the Chiefs-Eagles Super Bowl highlights and two things really jumped out at me.  One was the fact that Toney was the hero of the game with a 3rd quarter touchdown and of course the record-setting  punt return to set up the winning score.

The other takeaway was the Corndog play and the Chiefs running it not just once, but twice in the same game to score TDs.  Crazy that SF didn't have it covered better last weekend...though in fairness it was used this last time as a second or third option counter play.

• Like 1

Man, I wish we could hang onto Chris Jones, but..."[e]very AFC West rival should be considering it. The teams that have to deal with the Chiefs in the playoffs should be considering it. The teams that might have to deal with the Chiefs in the Super Bowl also should consider it...Jones  is disruptive. He is, at times, dominant. Without him, the Chiefs are a different defense. Without that defense, the Chiefs are a different team."

:popcorn:

Posted (edited)

Looks like we're keeping Chris Jones! :7up:  "Last season, [KC] allowed 4.3 yards per play when he was on the field (would rank first in the NFL), but that increased to 5.5 yards per play when he was off it (23rd)"

$95 million...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&source=webhp&opi=89978449&url=https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39697463/chiefs-dt-chris-jones-agree-five-year-95-million-deal&ved=2ahUKEwj1n72w9uiEAxX4OTQIHY_aDecQl6QCegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0gmMu6-mXTrevwvhbFN87K

Edited by goose
  • Like 2