Bruce Springsteen

Segue Myles

Bruce Springsteen  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him?

• The Boss- a music legend and gifted songwriter/singer/storyteller- deserves every ounce of praise he gets!
    • Talented, but slightly overrated
    • Waste of time, ridiculously overrated
    • Call that music? I don't!

Maybe someday I'll figure out what these people think gives them the right to impart their political views on an arena full of fans who paid lots and lots and lots and lots of money to hear their MUSIC and not their political opinions.

A lot of his fans don't care. Seriously, to some of his fans he is like a family member. Politics are more an annoyance than a turn off. He writes about the struggles of the working class, correct? Left and Right both have a foot planted in that struggle.

I'm not bothered by it.

But I don't want to spend all that money for a four hour show where I feel bored half the time.

But if it is the source of his passion I'm glad it fuels great music.

I just wish he'd keep it about the music. His songs carry enough weight.

He recently wrapped up three concerts at MetLife Stadium. I was all over the news. He played his longest concerts ever and there was not one complaint from the fan base. I know enough about Springsteen to know a large percentage of his longevity is due to his commitment to pleasing his fans in concert. A few bumps/rants along the way rarely ruins the trip.

He seems to me to have slowed down a lot. Yes, I know he is in his late sixties. That's not what I mean. There's something missing in him that he once had. It's as if he had the life sucked out of him. I don't know if I am describing what I mean well. He almost comes across as a beaten and defeated man who is now only a shadow of what he once was. Even in later interview of him I've watched, there seems to be an underlying sadness to the man - like all his fame and fortune didn't quite bring him what he had hoped?

As an aside, he and his wife seemed to do a good job with their three children. I understand that his youngest is a fireman. Like he's got to work at all. :eh:

Edited by Lorraine

Maybe someday I'll figure out what these people think gives them the right to impart their political views on an arena full of fans who paid lots and lots and lots and lots of money to hear their MUSIC and not their political opinions.

A lot of his fans don't care. Seriously, to some of his fans he is like a family member. Politics are more an annoyance than a turn off. He writes about the struggles of the working class, correct? Left and Right both have a foot planted in that struggle.

I'm not bothered by it.

But I don't want to spend all that money for a four hour show where I feel bored half the time.

He recently wrapped up three concerts at MetLife Stadium. I was all over the news. He played his longest concerts ever and there was not one complaint from the fan base. I know enough about Springsteen to know a large percentage of his longevity is due to his commitment to pleasing his fans in concert. A few bumps/rants along the way rarely ruins the trip.

He seems to me to have slowed down a lot. Yes, I know he is in his late sixties. That's not what I mean. There's something missing in him that he once had. It's as if he had the life sucked out of him. I don't know if I am describing what I mean well. He almost comes across as a beaten and defeated man who is now only a shadow of what he once was. Even in later interview of him I've watched, there seems to be an underlying sadness to the man - like all his fame and fortune didn't quite bring him what he had hoped?

As an aside, he and his wife seemed to do a good job with their three children. I understand that youngest is a fireman. Like he's got to work at all. :eh:

I just read, I think Esquire magazine, that he has been dealing with depression for a while, so that may be what you're touching on. From my perspective, his music always had a little beaten down despondency running through it, but the overall energy and optimism pulls you through. I think his current string of shows at MetLife confirm that. And I'm not that big of a fan. I only like Springsteen.

I'm not bothered by it.

OK thanks! I will bear this in mind!

I haven't listened to any recent bootlegs so not aware of his current trends. I would be willing to believe in you and hopefully now money isn't so tight the next time he comes I will get to see him.

I didn't know that about his battle with depression, but that's probably what I'm picking up on.

Spent my morning wondering just what the hell he's depressed about.

Maybe he needs to come down from the mountain for a bit and mingle with the peasants.

being a superstar is a curse.

i already have chronic Depression......and being that famous would literally kill me.

Mick

There is no artist out there who puts more into a live show, even in his mid 60's than Bruce. I don't know many who leave his concerts without a big smile on their face. Seems a little negative in here. I get it but the guy pours his heart and soul into his music.
  • Like 2

I didn't know that about his battle with depression, but that's probably what I'm picking up on.

Spent my morning wondering just what the hell he's depressed about.

Maybe he needs to come down from the mountain for a bit and mingle with the peasants.

being a superstar is a curse.

i already have chronic Depression......and being that famous would literally kill me.

Mick

I wouldn't know about superstardom being a curse.

From my experience in modelling, the most beautiful and praised of the top models were filthy off camera and depressed, anxious, uptight and constantly strained.

I aimed for that lifestyle. But believe me I nearly killed myself in the process.

No one is truly built for fame. Even if you are famous only inside the industry you work for, as I was becoming rapidly before I crashed out, you attain a level of expectation from others that you could never truly live up too.

As for Springsteen, he may be a legend, and loved by millions, and filthy rich.

But he is still aging. His family are grown up. Who knows how many close to him are lost or losing their own youth.

He also won't always live up to the legendary stage performances expected and demanded of him.

He is human. I might have this all wrong. There are many reasons why we struggle with emotions. Financial stability has nothing to do with true happiness, even though it can help

• Like 1

This is what Bruce needs.

http://freehugsproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FreeHugsCampaign400.png

I'm upfront in the queue haha

• Like 2

This is what Bruce needs.

http://freehugsproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FreeHugsCampaign400.png

I'm upfront in the queue haha

We'll be a team - cupcakes and hugs - what a happy world we will live in! :)

Yes! With sparkly candles on each cake!

• Like 1

There is no artist out there who puts more into a live show, even in his mid 60's than Bruce. I don't know many who leave his concerts without a big smile on their face. Seems a little negative in here. I get it but the guy pours his heart and soul into his music.

I saw Bruce three times in August... I work the shows and I'm not a fan but... This guy puts on an amazing show. 4 hours with no break ?

• Like 1

I saw Bruce three times in August... I work the shows and I'm not a fan but... This guy puts on an amazing show. 4 hours with no break ?

Seriously, i was under the illusion that no band played as long as Rush. That's the impression I got from here.

I had no idea Bruce put on such an extravaganza. How does he do it at his age with no break?

Now I know why he sounds and looks bedraggled in some videos from his recent tour. I don't know his set list so I don't know where the songs are placed in the four hour period.

Seriously, i was under the illusion that no band played as long as Rush. That's the impression I got from here.

I had no idea Bruce put on such an extravaganza. How does he do it at his age with no break?

Now I know why he sounds and looks bedraggled in some videos from his recent tour. I don't know his set list so I don't know where the songs are placed in the four hour period.

He calls audibles with the set-list. Each show is different. Also, the man takes care of himself. He's in excellent shape!

No matter how well he takes care of himself, he can't stop the fact that he has and is aging.

You can't do at 67 what you could do at 27. Or 37. Or 47 for that matter. No matter how well you take care of yourself. It's just a fact of life. It shouldn't be taken as something negative, or as a criticism, to point that out.