And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

That's not a proper salesman. I'm not buying a brain from him. He doesn't give you confidence. :boo hiss:

just like the word, it gives me confidence. Gorn. Gorn -- it's got a sort of *woody* quality about it. Gorn. Go-o-orn.

Gone. Now what am I bid for another great bargain? Edward Landseer's 'Nothing at Bay'.

Ah! I have only a fifty. Do you have change? :unsure:

Oh, is that all you've got? Well, he's got much more than you, so you'd better have some of his... sorry... pick them up in a moment... there's about oh, what, nine down there... so you must have about... oh, he's still got lots... oh you've got what? ... you've got more than he started with... so if I give you some of those... well now, look ... If I give you that... have you got a bit of jewellery? Yes, If I give you that one and you have some of his coins... is that another box? Were you trying to hide it? Well, that's nice! Right! Now, I've got a signed copy of Geddy`s Big Book of Bass... you've got one... you've got one of the 2112 tickets from 1977`s World Tour... you've got one... anyone else got a tiara? Take your hat off! Oh, honestly, it's absolutely pointless trying to do this if you're going to cheat. It really is awful of you.

We would like to apologize for the way :rush: has been represented in this post. We are sorry if a bad impression has come across.

You make me sad. So be it. Come, Patsy Citizen.

You two, come at me then with raspberries. Come on, both of you, whole basket each. I'll turn me back :moon: so you can stalk up behind me.

Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency...

So the world was in the grip of FEAR! A huge and terrifying crisis generated by one man!

:yes: Mr. Shabby's extraordinary personal magnetism.

He's superb. His gobbing is consistent and accurate.

Ooooh. I think it's someone about the damp. Tell 'em about the bleeding rats, too.

They're at 22 Wimpole Street. :poke: Ow! 22a Wimpole Street.

I was proceeding in a northerly direction up Alitalia Street when I saw the deceased Blackhawkrush standing at an upstairs window, baring his bosom at the general public.

You got a nice pair there haven't you

The thread would like to apologize to everyone in the world for the last item. It was disgusting and bad and thoroughly disobedient and please don't bother to phone up 73 :scared: because we know it was very tasteless.
  • Like 2

That's not a proper salesman. I'm not buying a brain from him. He doesn't give you confidence. :boo hiss:

just like the word, it gives me confidence. Gorn. Gorn -- it's got a sort of *woody* quality about it. Gorn. Go-o-orn.

Gone. Now what am I bid for another great bargain? Edward Landseer's 'Nothing at Bay'.

Oh, is that all you've got? Well, he's got much more than you, so you'd better have some of his... sorry... pick them up in a moment... there's about oh, what, nine down there... so you must have about... oh, he's still got lots... oh you've got what? ... you've got more than he started with... so if I give you some of those... well now, look ... If I give you that... have you got a bit of jewellery? Yes, If I give you that one and you have some of his coins... is that another box? Were you trying to hide it? Well, that's nice! Right! Now, I've got a signed copy of Geddy`s Big Book of Bass... you've got one... you've got one of the 2112 tickets from 1977`s World Tour... you've got one... anyone else got a tiara? Take your hat off! Oh, honestly, it's absolutely pointless trying to do this if you're going to cheat. It really is awful of you.

We would like to apologize for the way :rush: has been represented in this post. We are sorry if a bad impression has come across.

You two, come at me then with raspberries. Come on, both of you, whole basket each. I'll turn me back :moon: so you can stalk up behind me.

Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency...

So the world was in the grip of FEAR! A huge and terrifying crisis generated by one man!

Ooooh. I think it's someone about the damp. Tell 'em about the bleeding rats, too.

I was proceeding in a northerly direction up Alitalia Street when I saw the deceased Blackhawkrush standing at an upstairs window, baring his bosom at the general public.

The thread would like to apologize to everyone in the world for the last item. It was disgusting and bad and thoroughly disobedient and please don't bother to phone up 73 :scared: because we know it was very tasteless.

Because of the unsuitability of the post, TRF will be replacing it with a post from a thread of 'Sense O'Clock News' for 1958. Edited by Citizen of the World
  • Like 2

It really makes you want to micturate.
  • Like 2

And this is where you at home can join in...presage, portend, foreshow, foreshadow, forerun, herald, betoken...indicate! :ebert:
  • Like 2

And this is where you at home can join in...presage, portend, foreshow, foreshadow, forerun, herald, betoken...indicate! :ebert:

Camera? What's he want? Oooh, are we on the telly?
  • Like 2

:no: Looks like a penguin.

What? That's a dangerous animal. Quick! Throw it in the trough.

Hank IbanezJem is a tough, fearless backwoodsman who has chosen to live in a violent, unrelenting world of nature's creatures, where only the fittest survive. :smash:
  • Like 2

Hank IbanezJem is a tough, fearless backwoodsman who has chosen to live in a violent, unrelenting world of nature's creatures, where only the fittest survive. :smash:

Mrs Ibanez Jem the Elder used to have to get up at three o'clock and go burrowing for truffles with the bridge of her nose.
  • Like 2

Mrs Ibanez Jem the Elder used to have to get up at three o'clock and go burrowing for truffles with the bridge of her nose.

IbanezJem darling, are you sure there isn't a spade? :huh:
  • Like 2

If you feel a bit guilty about it afterwards, we can dig a grave and you can throw up in it.
  • Like 2

If you feel a bit guilty about it afterwards, we can dig a grave and you can throw up in it.

I hope monsieur was not overdoing it last night. :tsk:
  • Like 2

Well, we've just come from the Courtauld and 73 smashed every exhibit but one in the Danish Contemporary Sculpture Exhibition.
  • Like 2

Well, we've just come from the Courtauld and 73 smashed every exhibit but one in the Danish Contemporary Sculpture Exhibition.

It's just that everywhere 73 goes it's the same old thing. All everyone wants him to say is "To be or not to be..." :(
  • Like 2

It's just that everywhere 73 goes it's the same old thing. All everyone wants him to say is "To be or not to be..." :(

Blackhawkrush, I understand you claim that you wrote all those plays normally attributed to Shakespeare. How is it possible for you to have written plays performed over 300 years before you were born?
  • Like 2

Blackhawkrush, I understand you claim that you wrote all those plays normally attributed to Shakespeare. How is it possible for you to have written plays performed over 300 years before you were born?

Now I'm not prepared to go on with this. No, don't follow me and don't zoom in on me, no I'm off. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Now I'm not prepared to go on with this. No, don't follow me and don't zoom in on me, no I'm off. :outtahere:

I must warn you that anything you may say will be ignored and furthermore, given half a chance I'll put my fist through your teeth. F'tang.
  • Like 2

I must warn you that anything you may say will be ignored and furthermore, given half a chance I'll put my fist through your teeth. F'tang.

Ah good, sir IbanezJem, thy sharp-tongued wit has not deserted thee. Come, let us eat and drink. :hotdog: :cosmo:
  • Like 2

Ah good, sir IbanezJem, thy sharp-tongued wit has not deserted thee. Come, let us eat and drink. :hotdog: :cosmo:

Ah yes, well I feel rather peckish, very peckish actually, I don't expect I'll post again today. I think I'll have a really good feed.
  • Like 2

Ah yes, well I feel rather peckish, very peckish actually, I don't expect I'll post again today. I think I'll have a really good feed.

You're the first person to order a salad for two years. :wub: Why don't you like a nice plate of cannelloni?
  • Like 2

You're the first person to order a salad for two years. :wub: Why don't you like a nice plate of cannelloni?

Italian priests in custard, discussing vital matters of the day - these lads from a seminary near Cremona have been practising for well over a year.
  • Like 2

Italian priests in custard, discussing vital matters of the day - these lads from a seminary near Cremona have been practising for well over a year.

Colonel IbanezJem doesn't think we're nice people. We're your buddies, Colonel. We want to look after you. :bang bang:
  • Like 2

Colonel IbanezJem doesn't think we're nice people. We're your buddies, Colonel. We want to look after you. :bang bang:

I'm sick of all this bloody fighting. If it's not the bloody Treaty of Utrecht it's the bloody binomial theorem. This isn't the senior common room at All Souls, it's bloody Video Vertigo.
  • Like 2

I'm sick of all this bloody fighting. If it's not the bloody Treaty of Utrecht it's the bloody binomial theorem. This isn't the senior common room at All Souls, it's bloody Video Vertigo.

Oh what is my theory that it is. Yes, well you may well ask me what is my theory.
  • Like 2

Oh what is my theory that it is. Yes, well you may well ask me what is my theory.

Personally I rather adhere to the Bergsonian idea of laughter as a social sanction against inflexible behaviour but... excuse me a moment... and now...
  • Like 2