And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

The Dull Life of a City Stockbroker. :bitchslap: :zzz: :hug2:

your report here says that you are an extremely dull person. You see, our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful.

Nobody can say 'fivepenny please' and make it funny. :huh:

That makes you a penny short Your_Lion. Where is it?

Ah! I have only a fifty. Do you have change? :scared:

No, no, well look, you can ask Mr Maudling but I'm sure he'll never agree. Not for fifty shillings ... no... no.

But there is still nothing to match the huge sweep ... the majestic power of what is surely his greatest work: 'Can I have fifty pounds to mend the shed?'.

I see, and are you thinking of purchasing a second shed?

Well, it wouldn't meow. I want a cat. :boohoo:
  • Like 2

your report here says that you are an extremely dull person. You see, our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful.

No, no, well look, you can ask Mr Maudling but I'm sure he'll never agree. Not for fifty shillings ... no... no.

But there is still nothing to match the huge sweep ... the majestic power of what is surely his greatest work: 'Can I have fifty pounds to mend the shed?'.

I got a slug.
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

Then all of a sudden, "oh, mum, I've bought a sloth" or some other odd-toed ungulate like a tapir. :tsk:
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

Then all of a sudden, "oh, mum, I've bought a sloth" or some other odd-toed ungulate like a tapir. :tsk:

Oh, mother, don't be so sentimental. :blush:
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

Yes, there's no place for sentiment in big business.
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

Look! Two people..... three people have just fallen past that window.
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

...onto exploding bomb, and were killed in a shooting accident. :rose: :rose: :rose:
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

...onto exploding bomb, and were killed in a shooting accident. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Right. Now, we'll reconstruct the crime. I'll sit down here. Constable, you turn off the lights. Good. Now then, there was a scream :o then just before the lights went up there was a shot. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent044.gif
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

Right. Now, we'll reconstruct the crime. I'll sit down here. Constable, you turn off the lights. Good. Now then, there was a scream :o then just before the lights went up there was a shot. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent044.gif

Let that be a warning to you all. You move at your peril. :bang bang: :chickendance:
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

Let that be a warning to you all. You move at your peril. :bang bang: :chickendance:

... except to control the aeroplane ... you can move a little to do that.
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

It's wonderful. It's put ballooning right back on the map. :fistbump:
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

The map of Westphalia as used by the army, sir.
  • Like 2

I got a slug.

The map of Westphalia as used by the army, sir.

Watkins, they are on our side. :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

For readers at home, the answer is coming up on your screens. Those of you who wish to play it the hard way, stand upside down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish.
  • Like 2

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

For readers at home, the answer is coming up on your screens. Those of you who wish to play it the hard way, stand upside down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish.

Better get a bucket
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

If only a few of the so-called working class would destroy themselves so sportingly.
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

If only a few of the so-called working class would destroy themselves so sportingly.

One day you'll realize there's more to life than culture... There's dirt, and smoke, and good honest sweat!
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

One day you'll realize there's more to life than culture... There's dirt, and smoke, and good honest sweat!

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. :yay:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats

Clearly, the TRF public's view is a hostile one. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

It's no good bottling these things up, Brian. If you feel them you must say them or you'll just go mad...
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

It's no good bottling these things up, Brian. If you feel them you must say them or you'll just go mad...

You can start in small ways with ping-pong ball eyes and a funny voice and then you can paint half of your body red and the other half green and then you can jump up and down in a bowl of treacle going 'squawk, squawk, squawk...'
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

You can start in small ways with ping-pong ball eyes and a funny voice and then you can paint half of your body red and the other half green and then you can jump up and down in a bowl of treacle going 'squawk, squawk, squawk...'

This kind of incoherent behaviour is really beginning to catch on down-under.
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket

This kind of incoherent behaviour is really beginning to catch on down-under.

Gentlemen, at six o'clock I want every man-Bruce of you in the Sydney Harbour Bridge room to take a glass of sherry with the flying philosopher, Bruce, and I call upon you, padre, to close the meeting with a prayer.
  • Like 2