Black Purple and Deep Sabbath Singers! Which Vocalist Kicks The Most Metal Arse?

RUSHHEAD666

Black Sabbath And Deep Purple Vocalist Poll! "POLLY DIVER?"   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vocalist From Either Black Sabbath Or Deep Purple Do You Love The Most? Who Was the Best??????

• Rod Evans
    • Ian Gillan
    • David Coverdale
    • Glenn Hughes
    • Joe Lynn Turner
    • Ronnie James Dio
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Tommy Bolin
    • Tony Martin
    • Ray Gillen

Here's an oldie but a goodie gang! I listened to "Under The Wheels Of Confusion" during the drive on my Tahoe trip.

I listened to all four cds! Incredible array of songs. Comes with a booklet and a Family Tree Of Sabbath personnel!!

So obviously Ronnie has won this thing, but why not bring it back up to revisit these awesome singers.

Ray Gillan is my Dark Horse pick but I think I chose Ronnie like most of you!

"Heaven And Hell" and "The Mobs Rules" well they both do RULE!!

"The Sign Of The Southern Cross" is EPIC.

Let's see if people vote or if perhaps this poll will sink back down to be with the "Children Of The Sea!"

Here's an oldie but a goodie gang! I listened to "Under The Wheels Of Confusion" during the drive on my Tahoe trip.

I listened to all four cds! Incredible array of songs. Comes with a booklet and a Family Tree Of Sabbath personnel!!

So obviously Ronnie has won this thing, but why not bring it back up to revisit these awesome singers.

Let's see if people vote or if perhaps this poll will sink back down to be with the "Children Of The Sea!"

The Sign of the Southern Cross is the song that got into metal :haz: Long live Ronnie James Dio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were in Tahoe? :sundog:

Finally got some snow here today! :D-13:

• Like 1

Damn Goose! I thought I mentioned it on another thread while I was up there! We should have met for a beer or two! Yes! South Shore. I love the new McP's Taproom.

I might be going up solo to see Pat Travers at Harrah's! Perhaps we can meet then!

Yes! We left during the light snow but it was nice to see after the summer weather over the weekend. We hiked down to Emerald Bay. The lake is so damn low it's depressing. The Tahoe Queen can't even go out on the lake because of sand bars!

I was hitting bars all night last night! I love it up there.

The Hard Rock opens tomorrow! I wish I could have stayed up there buddy!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Damn Goose! I thought I mentioned it on another thread while I was up there! We should have met for a beer or two! Yes! South Shore. I love the new McP's Taproom.

I might be going up solo to see Pat Travers at Harrah's! Perhaps we can meet then!

Yes! We left during the light snow but it was nice to see after the summer weather over the weekend. We hiked down to Emerald Bay. The lake is so damn low it's depressing. The Tahoe Queen can't even go out on the lake because of sand bars!

I was hitting bars all night last night! I love it up there.

The Hard Rock opens tomorrow! I wish I could have stayed up there buddy!

Cheers!

I think I'll be heading up this weekend to check the Hard Rock opening. My brother in law is rolling into town for some skiing, the Super Bowl, and, of course, partying! :dweez:

Awesome man! Too bad I missed ya!

I'm going to Vegas on the 8th! business and partying!

Cheers!

Hey I was going to put money on the Warriors but the CEO of Harvey's and Harrah's owns 5% of the Celtics so I couldn't place a bet unless I went to MountPoo.

I passed. 18 point spread. I should have put my money on the Celtics.

Warriors really blew it tonight!

• Like 1

In his prime, Lord Trousersnake.

Just listen to Mistreated.

I stand by my decision.

HERE'S A SONG FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! I've been "Mistreated!" Still married! Actually she would say I was the one! I want to have fun and ROCK OUT! I want to watch sports! I want to drink beer and have a good time. She just wants to wrap up in a blanket, watch her TV shows and go to bed.

I told my wife that I'm going to see Pat Travers in March up in Tahoe. She told me to "HAVE FUN."

She has no interest in doing anything exciting.

When should I come out to Ireland?

I´ll go with Glenn because his voice stood the test of time to a much larger extent than the rest of the singers, although his style has little to do with Sabbath.

Ha! Right on cue buddy!!! GLENN RULES! I knew I wrote this thing years ago!!! I just changed my vote to RAY GILLEN!!!!

I stand by my decision.

Hahaha! I've been "Mistreated!" Still married! Actually she would say I was the one! I want to have fun and ROCK OUT! I want to watch sports! I want to drink beer and have a good time. She just wants to wrap up in a blanket, watch her TV shows and go to bed.

I told my wife that I'm going to see Pat Travers in March up in Tahoe. She told me to "HAVE FUN."

Who bumped the thread?

I stand by my decision.

HAHAHA!

Right now I am listening to THE PURPLE WHITESNAKE LIVE ALBUM! TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!

• Like 1

I stand by my decision.

Who bumped the thread?

ME!! Of course! LOL

I´ll go with Glenn because his voice stood the test of time to a much larger extent than the rest of the singers, although his style has little to do with Sabbath.

Ha! Right on cue buddy!!! GLENN RULES! I knew I wrote this thing years ago!!! I just changed my vote to RAY GILLEN!!!!

What if Tony Martin had joined Deep Purple in 1990 and was still in the band today with Gillan in the Scorpions and Klaus Meine in Maiden after Bruce became a full-time pilot in 1994, all three still in the bands today?

• Like 1

What if Tony Martin had joined Deep Purple in 1990 and was still in the band today with Gillan in the Scorpions and Klaus Meine in Maiden after Bruce became a full-time pilot in 1994, all three still in the bands today?

Holy Shit Pat! You just blew my mind!!! I need to think about this one!

• Like 1

Ian 'Disturbing the Priest' Gillan.

Shout out to Glenn Hughes for his work with Iommi on Seventh Sign.

Hughes vocals on that album kickass. So 'soulful' and powerful.

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 2

I don't think it would work buddy!

It has worked in this other universe where they've been in those bands for 24 years!

Hahaha! Pat, do you believe in Multiverses?

I do not.

I am NOT into organized religion but I believe in the almighty UNIVERSE.

What is your take?

Ian 'Disturbing the Priest' Gillan.

Shout out to Glenn Hughes for his work with Iommi on Seventh Sign.

Hughes vocals on that album kickass. So 'soulful' and powerful.

Excellent post amigo!

I LOVE "BORN AGAIN!"

"SEVENTH SIGN" RULES!!!!

Dio's great but he never really connects with me the way many other vocalists do. Much respect, and I always enjoy his work, but the guy just doesn't hit home with me. Love Ian Gillan from what I've heard of him, but I don't listen to him enough to really have much of an attachment. None of the other singers here mean much of anything to me except Ozzy, who has never failed to keep my attention, connect, or sing in a way which I don't greatly enjoy. His voice may not be particularly impressive as an instrument, but as I've said before, it isn't what you play but how you play it. Ozzy SELLS Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and so much more. Seriously, The creepiest part of that title track isn't the tri-tone the band keeps playing, it's Ozzy describing a one on one encounter with Satan and realizing he's being sent to Hell (at least that's how I've interpreted it), chills when he pleads "Oh no, no, please God help me!"

Ozzy takes the cake for me.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Dio's great but he never really connects with me the way many other vocalists do. Much respect, and I always enjoy his work, but the guy just doesn't hit home with me. Love Ian Gillan from what I've heard of him, but I don't listen to him enough to really have much of an attachment. None of the other singers here mean much of anything to me except Ozzy, who has never failed to keep my attention, connect, or sing in a way which I don't greatly enjoy. His voice may not be particularly impressive as an instrument, but as I've said before, it isn't what you play but how you play it. Ozzy SELLS Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and so much more. Seriously, The creepiest part of that title track isn't the tri-tone the band keeps playing, it's Ozzy describing a one on one encounter with Satan and realizing he's being sent to Hell (at least that's how I've interpreted it), chills when he pleads "Oh no, no, please God help me!"

I love your honesty and respect your opinion.

It's kind of funny how things work out.

I just raised this poll from the dead and I actually changed my vote.

I originally did vote for DIO but man I think Ray Gillen deserves some love.

He just kicked ass too. Especially in BADLANDS!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Cheers!

I'm not sure I've listened to Ray Gillan, what albums is he on?

Also, ty!

Cheers!

I'm not sure I've listened to Ray Gillan, what albums is he on?

Also, ty!

OMG!

You need to get the first three Badlands albums!!

He also sings on Sabbath's "Eternal Idol"

You have to get the two disc special edition cd to hear it though.

• Like 1