Black Purple and Deep Sabbath Singers! Which Vocalist Kicks The Most Metal Arse?

RUSHHEAD666

Black Sabbath And Deep Purple Vocalist Poll! "POLLY DIVER?"   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vocalist From Either Black Sabbath Or Deep Purple Do You Love The Most? Who Was the Best??????

• Rod Evans
    • Ian Gillan
    • David Coverdale
    • Glenn Hughes
    • Joe Lynn Turner
    • Ronnie James Dio
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Tommy Bolin
    • Tony Martin
    • Ray Gillen

In his prime, Lord Trousersnake.

Just listen to Mistreated.

I stand by my decision.

HERE'S A SONG FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!

Right now I am listening to THE PURPLE WHITESNAKE LIVE ALBUM! TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!

Have you listened to the new Whitesnake, called "The Purple Tour"? It´s a good overdub album, but I think there are some live parts in it.

I´ll go with Glenn because his voice stood the test of time to a much larger extent than the rest of the singers, although his style has little to do with Sabbath.

Ha! Right on cue buddy!!! GLENN RULES! I knew I wrote this thing years ago!!! I just changed my vote to RAY GILLEN!!!!

What if Tony Martin had joined Deep Purple in 1990 and was still in the band today with Gillan in the Scorpions and Klaus Meine in Maiden after Bruce became a full-time pilot in 1994, all three still in the bands today?

200.gif#0-grid1 200.gif#7-grid1

• Like 1

Dio's great but he never really connects with me the way many other vocalists do. Much respect, and I always enjoy his work, but the guy just doesn't hit home with me. Love Ian Gillan from what I've heard of him, but I don't listen to him enough to really have much of an attachment. None of the other singers here mean much of anything to me except Ozzy, who has never failed to keep my attention, connect, or sing in a way which I don't greatly enjoy. His voice may not be particularly impressive as an instrument, but as I've said before, it isn't what you play but how you play it. Ozzy SELLS Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and so much more. Seriously, The creepiest part of that title track isn't the tri-tone the band keeps playing, it's Ozzy describing a one on one encounter with Satan and realizing he's being sent to Hell (at least that's how I've interpreted it), chills when he pleads "Oh no, no, please God help me!"

Ozzy takes the cake for me.

I love your honesty and respect your opinion.

It's kind of funny how things work out.

I just raised this poll from the dead and I actually changed my vote.

I originally did vote for DIO but man I think Ray Gillen deserves some love.

He just kicked ass too. Especially in BADLANDS!

Cheers!

I'm not sure I've listened to Ray Gillan, what albums is he on?

Also, ty!

Save your money on The Eternal Idol Deluxe Edition. Listen to it on YouTube. Ray and Martin both had good voices, but they were no different from, almost literally, dozens of singers from the 80s.

For me, its Ozzy and Dio, depending on which one I'm in the mood for. Right behind them is Coverdale (who was also asked to join Sabbath).

I stand by my decision.

HERE'S A SONG FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!

Right now I am listening to THE PURPLE WHITESNAKE LIVE ALBUM! TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!

Have you listened to the new Whitesnake, called "The Purple Tour"? It´s a good overdub album, but I think there are some live parts in it.

HAHAHA! I did listen to it last night! I loved it but Coverdale's voice is shot to hell!

Right behind them is Coverdale (who was also asked to join Sabbath)

I never knew that???

Dave Meniketti was asked to join OZZY after Randy passed away. Dave declined.

So then Ozzy and Sharon asked Brad Gillis. He accepted.

Crazy to note.

I know Dave and Brad very well.

Lord Who..?

Lord Trousersnake of Covershire. (in my best Alan Partridge accent)

He is referring to David CoverVersion

I haven't seen that name in a long time; I think it's because he's been in so many bands?