Working out

I don't even consider what I do working out compared to this^^^^^..... :(

Me neither! You should see what I do to work out!

Saying that what I do is working... Gilby tells me I'm firming up all over! :blush:

All over? Is he doing full examinations each week to check your progress? :cheers: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Saying that what I do is working... Gilby tells me I'm firming up all over! :blush:

All over? Is he doing full examinations each week to check your progress? :cheers:

;) :cheers:

• Like 1

I did what I call a workout at the gym this morning. It felt good and exhausting to me anyway.... :LOL:

Me too!!

Then I went for a walk! :)

All over? Is he doing full examinations each week to check your progress? :cheers:

Is he much older than you if you don't mind me asking?.....

He's 11 years older than me.

He's 11 years older than me.

Lucky him apparently...... :cheers:

I went to the gym this morning and did what I call a workout. I am running more again and its getting easier. I will be back to where I was back in February in no time baring any unforeseen health issues again....

• Like 1

Did my weights/strength exercises.... and now for some reason my limbs feel like jelly! :D

I love working my arms and legs into goo because it means they will re-form as implements of power! :madra:

Edited by Cyclonus X-1
  • Like 2

I got on a scale yesterday. It was the first time I had been on one in a couple of months and it looks like I gained 5 pounds.

It's working...... :)

Cool! Can you see the difference?

I'm still tinkering a bit with the diet. My system doesn't seem to much care for protein shakes immediately post-workout anymore; I've been getting the worst indigestion after. It just seems to sit there in my gut. So I might have to switch up to BCAA's and maybe some other form of protein after training and have my shake at another time of day. I've tried 3 different formulas, all good quality, and the effects are the same. Doesn't happen if I have a shake at breakfast or a couple hours prior to training. Only after.

I got on a scale yesterday. It was the first time I had been on one in a couple of months and it looks like I gained 5 pounds.

I'm still tinkering a bit with the diet. My system doesn't seem to much care for protein shakes immediately post-workout anymore; I've been getting the worst indigestion after. It just seems to sit there in my gut. So I might have to switch up to BCAA's and maybe some other form of protein after training and have my shake at another time of day. I've tried 3 different formulas, all good quality, and the effects are the same. Doesn't happen if I have a shake at breakfast or a couple hours prior to training. Only after.

What do your shakes consist of?

2 scoops whey protein powder (right now it's MusclePharm brand), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and sometimes a small handful of frozen fruit. Thing is, I actually like my protein shakes. I look forward to eating them and enjoy them. I don't get the indigestion problem until an hour or so after. It passes, but for a while it sort of feels like someone's kicked me in the kidneys and I feel slightly bloated. I'd wondered about some kind of sensitivity to the whey, but this only happens if I have a shake post-workout.

I know I miss out on an opportunity for a really good protein source by not liking eggs. But my hatred of them really isn't exaggerated - I just can't stand eggs. So I have to get my protein from meat and shakes!

2 scoops whey protein powder (right now it's MusclePharm brand), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and sometimes a small handful of frozen fruit. Thing is, I actually like my protein shakes. I look forward to eating them and enjoy them. I don't get the indigestion problem until an hour or so after. It passes, but for a while it sort of feels like someone's kicked me in the kidneys and I feel slightly bloated. I'd wondered about some kind of sensitivity to the whey, but this only happens if I have a shake post-workout.

I know I miss out on an opportunity for a really good protein source by not liking eggs. But my hatred of them really isn't exaggerated - I just can't stand eggs. So I have to get my protein from meat and shakes!

Have you tried just using water instead of the almond milk? The shake might digest more quickly and easily.

(If you don't want to use water—I don't blame you. I hate the taste of protein powder in water.)

To be honest I have switched to just strawberry milk right after a workout. Thing is, that is the only good time to take in simple carbs. Your muscles need to restore their glycogen stores. Most protein shakes have little to no carbs.

My diet around my workout looks like this: lean protein and a complex carb 2 hrs before a workout, plenty of water up too and throughout. Immediately after my workout I drink a 8 oz strawberry milk. That is 30 grams of sugar and 8 grams of protein which I have read is a perfect post workout mix. Then I eat dinner about 2 hrs later which consists of a green salad and lean protein.

Your intolerance to the protein may be your body telling you it needs less protein and more carbs after your workout. Take your shake first thing in the morning and then if you need more protein to hit your macro targets, take a casein shake before bed. Leave the powder out of the post workout shake.

Just something to try.

Did you ever try just egg whites? I only ask because they are low on flavor and you can buy them in cartons now. I use them all the time. I make a 5 egg omelet with 2 regular eggs and then three servings of egg whites. Helps keep the fat intake down while giving me over 30 grams of protein.

Anyway see my other post about your post workout shake.

How many grams of protein are you eating a day?

Did an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill this morning. The woman next to me was talking to me and seemed to dig me so I kept going.... :huh:
  • Like 2

Did my weights/strength exercises.... and now for some reason my limbs feel like jelly! :D

I love working my arms and legs into goo because it means they will re-form as implements of power! :madra:

From now on I shall call them my "goo days"! :cheers:

The next one will be tomorrow......

• Like 3

^^ change of plan.... it looks like tomorrow is gonna be less active so Goo Day be tomorrow instead.....

I just do the same thing in general every day. May not be the best approach but I see results. My legs always feel like goo....

I just do the same thing in general every day. May not be the best approach but I see results. My legs always feel like goo....

You had a goo day?! :ebert: