Working out

At work we are having a late opening/closing on a Wednesday to allow people who want to come and study of an evening. We will finish up at 7.... so.... I have done my strengthening/dumbbell exercises this morning instead! :D
  • Like 2

Went to the gym this morning and had a good workout. A nice looking lady got up on the treadmill next to me and she didn't have too. There were plenty of others available. She seemed to be somewhat interested in what I was doing and my routine (alternating walking and running). I was probably daydreaming but it seemed that way to me.... :D

BTW: since this is a Rush forum I have to say this. I was listening to Pandora (my Rush channel) on the treadmill. A little Rush, Boston, Van Halen, AC/DC and then Rush in Rio TSOR came on :scared: It sounded awful. I almost gave it the thumbs down to hear something else. Geez

Edited by Narpski

Went to the gym this morning and had a good workout. A nice looking lady got up on the treadmill next to me and she didn't have too. There were plenty of others available. She seemed to be somewhat interested in what I was doing and my routine (alternating walking and running). I was probably daydreaming but it seemed that way to me.... :D

BTW: since this is a Rush forum I have to say this. I was listening to Pandora (my Rush channel) on the treadmill. A little Rush, Boston, Van Halen, AC/DC and then Rush in Rio TSOR came on :scared: It sounded awful. I almost gave it the thumbs down to hear something else. Geez

I'm glad a nice lady used the treadmill next to you! :ebert:

How come TSOR sounded bad?

Edited by LyndseyG

How come it sounded bad?

I guess (and from what I have heard around here) the audio recording is terrible. I have watched the video many times and enjoy it but I wouldn't listen to that for very long. Annoyingly bad sound.... :(

For the next two weeks Gilby and I are on staycation!

In light of the notion that I might not lose over that time I have decided to set my calorie intake from "weight loss" to "maintain" which gives me a little more leeway.

I will be active for alot if not most of it because we are planning trips out over the holiday: fishing, sightseeing, etc.... :)

• Like 2

Worked out today. Went the gym and did my normal routine. Went from there straight to my Niece's and cut and edged her big @ss yard. Talk about a sweat factory. Wow wee. Felt good though..... :)
  • Like 2

150.25 POUNDS BABY!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! :yay: :cheerleader: :dweez:

That's a total of 12 pounds lost so far!

This is where I was at last time I tried this weight loss thingy!

I couldn't get below that then.

So it will be interesting over the next few weeks and months to see if I can!

• Like 4

It's awesome when I get on the treadmill for some exercise. I'm at the house, I get to look over the greenbelt, see the birds fly by... all while two small children sit right by me, staring at me, shoving their faces full of food as the cats attempt to bite and attack my ankles.
  • Like 2

You go girl. How are the push ups coming along? :) I went to the gym this morning and seem to be feeling better little by little. Getting over the sinus infection and the oral surgery from yesterday. I am old and falling apart apparently but won't give up. I sweated my behind off on the treadmill and it felt good. Also talked to the lady next to me for a while which was an added bonus. She seemed to dig me (she asked me my name :LOL: ) which was shocking but always welcome..... :dweez: Edited by Narpski

You go girl. How are the push ups coming along? :) I went to the gym this morning and seem to be feeling better little by little. Getting over the sinus infection and the oral surgery from yesterday. I am old and falling apart apparently but won't give up. I sweated my behind off on the treadmill and it felt good. Also talked to the lady next to me for a while which was an added bonus. She seemed to dig me (she asked me my name :LOL: ) which was shocking but always welcome..... :dweez:

The pushups are.... difficult! I still can't seem to get my nose to the floor. I find I can only just about get my arms to about 90 degree angles and I'm gritting my teeth through two lots of ten reps just to get that far!

Any tips??

• Like 1

You go girl. How are the push ups coming along? :) I went to the gym this morning and seem to be feeling better little by little. Getting over the sinus infection and the oral surgery from yesterday. I am old and falling apart apparently but won't give up. I sweated my behind off on the treadmill and it felt good. Also talked to the lady next to me for a while which was an added bonus. She seemed to dig me (she asked me my name :LOL: ) which was shocking but always welcome..... :dweez:

The pushups are.... difficult! I still can't seem to get my nose to the floor. I find I can only just about get my arms to about 90 degree angles and I'm gritting my teeth through two lots of ten reps just to get that far!

Any tips??

Elevate your hands. Start on a bench or a step platform. Keep your back straight and go all the way down and all the way up. Start out as high as you need to in order to do 10 push ups correctly. Start with 10 and work your way up to 15. As soon as you can do 15 in a row correctly, lower your hands a little. If a bench or step platform is still too low, use a smith machine with the bar all the way down or even the side rails of a squat rack will work. The farther off the ground you get your hands the easier the push up will be.

Conversely, if regular push ups are too easy, elevate your feet. This is how I do them sometimes. I put my feet on a flat bench with my hands on the floor. It makes them harder to do.

Just do them regularly and they will get easier.

• Like 1

Any tips??

Elevate your hands. Start on a bench or a step platform. Keep your back straight and go all the way down and all the way up. Start out as high as you need to in order to do 10 push ups correctly. Start with 10 and work your way up to 15. As soon as you can do 15 in a row correctly, lower your hands a little. If a bench or step platform is still too low, use a smith machine with the bar all the way down or even the side rails of a squat rack will work. The farther off the ground you get your hands the easier the push up will be.

Conversely, if regular push ups are too easy, elevate your feet. This is how I do them sometimes. I put my feet on a flat bench with my hands on the floor. It makes them harder to do.

Just do them regularly and they will get easier.

Do what TSS suggests but you made my day anyway..... :D
  • Like 1

Excellent!

Thanks guys! I'll give that a try next time! :ebert: :hi: :cheers:

Push ups and pull ups have one similar characteristic in that they are depreciable skills. If you want to get better at doing them, do them often. When I was trying to get better at pull ups, I did them in sets both before and after every workout. 5 days a week!! Push ups are the same way. Use 3-5 sets of them in your warm up, and do the same as a finisher. If you do that, you will get better at them very quickly.

Whatever your workout is, always push yourself. Go hard or go home!!

• Like 1

Excellent!

Push ups and pull ups have one similar characteristic in that they are depreciable skills. If you want to get better at doing them, do them often. When I was trying to get better at pull ups, I did them in sets both before and after every workout. 5 days a week!! Push ups are the same way. Use 3-5 sets of them in your warm up, and do the same as a finisher. If you do that, you will get better at them very quickly.

She has 2 issues with push ups that we don't have..... :blush: :)
  • Like 1

Seems I am back to the gym regularly and hopefully for good. Nice workout this morning. I am gradually mixing some running back in....
  • Like 1

Excellent!

She has 2 issues with push ups that we don't have..... :blush: :)

:rfl:

• Like 1

So I tried the elevated arms method for push ups and it was much more comfortable! I was able to get much lower! My biceps ache so it must've worked!! :D
  • Like 2

So I tried the elevated arms method for push ups and it was much more comfortable! I was able to get much lower! My biceps ache so it must've worked!! :D

Love you're attitude :cheers: You are a good sport about everything (those included :D ). I am really pulling for you. I hope you took "before" pics. I did it kind of by accident but I have posted before and after pics on here. It is very satisfying to see what you have done and how the hard work has payed off..... :rose:

Aw! Thank you! :cheers: :hug2:

I have got pics of before... but they show just my tummy.

It was recommended to do that on the website I use so I can track my progress....

Which reminds me that I haven't taken one in a couple of weeks....

• Like 1

;)

;)

Seems I am back to the gym regularly and hopefully for good. Nice workout this morning. I am gradually mixing some running back in....

Yay! It's so frustrating to have to sit out . . . .and it also gets REALLY easy to get used to sitting on your ass. Well, for me anyway. I remember about 6 weeks prior to my last hip surgery when I had to quit training - the hip was just too unstable, really. At the time I was still in my CardioMonster phase so it never even occurred to me to keep training my upper body.

For about 3 weeks I was going nuts, and then I got kind of into a mode of. . . ."hmm, come home, feed and play with dogs, then chill out. Kinda cool." Still, I was raring to go once I got cleared to start back working out.

Hopefully you won't have any more forced breaks from the gym! And muscle memory is a wonderful thing - you'll be back to where you were in about half the time it took you to get there to start with.

• Like 1