Working out

I finally got some tunes I can listen to while walking and running. My old phone had around 20 albums my son had put on there I could choose from. When I switched my phone I have had nothing for a couple months now because technology wise I am a nit wit. I got Pandora on there yesterday and did a four mile walk/run with music today :dweez: . First song that came up was Red Barchetta. It made me start running needless to say...... :d13:

Pandora is about all I listen to anymore.

I joined the Y last week so I can work out on weekends and days when I don't work. Its a little more crowded than the gym where I work but there is plenty of eye candy. My back and shoulders are tore up good!! :gumby:

Does the eye candy completely ignore you like they do me?... :LOL:

Oh yeah.

At least I know there is another invisible Kenneth running around somewhere.... :D

I must give off an "I'm married vibe." Before I got married I used to get lots of attention from girls and I don't really look any different now than I did then. If anything I am actually leaner and more fit now than I was then.

I don't get it. :huh:

I hear you. I haven't worn a wedding ring for years and still not the bat of eyelashes, a casual look nothing. My kids say I look to serious all the time maybe thats it. If you saw that picture of me in Post Pictures of Yourself in Random Samples I posted the other day that is probably what I look like most of the time. The "don't f**k with me" look... :LOL: Edited by Narpski

I must give off an "I'm married vibe." Before I got married I used to get lots of attention from girls and I don't really look any different now than I did then. If anything I am actually leaner and more fit now than I was then.

I don't get it. :huh:

I hear you. I haven't worn a wedding ring for years and still not the bat of eyelashes, a casual look nothing. My kids say I look to serious all the time maybe thats it. If you saw that picture of me in Post Pictures of Yourself in Random Samples I posted the other day that is probably what I look like most of the time. The "don't f**k with me" look... :LOL:

Maybe smile more?

I finally got some tunes I can listen to while walking and running. My old phone had around 20 albums my son had put on there I could choose from. When I switched my phone I have had nothing for a couple months now because technology wise I am a nit wit. I got Pandora on there yesterday and did a four mile walk/run with music today :dweez: . First song that came up was Red Barchetta. It made me start running needless to say...... :d13:

I joined the Y last week so I can work out on weekends and days when I don't work. Its a little more crowded than the gym where I work but there is plenty of eye candy. My back and shoulders are tore up good!! :gumby:

Like for instance, I have been sitting here listening to Pandora for about 3 hrs waiting for them to play something I don't like so I can go take a shower. Still waiting......

Like for instance, I have been sitting here listening to Pandora for about 3 hrs waiting for them to play something I don't like so I can go take a shower. Still waiting......

When listened today my walk/run was about 45 minutes and I heard Rush, Floyd and Zeppelin twice each. They also played something from Geddy's solo album. My Rush station obviously....

When listened today my walk/run was about 45 minutes and I heard Rush, Floyd and Zeppelin twice each. They also played something from Geddy's solo album. My Rush station obviously....

I have many many bands and I just shuffle them. No RUSH, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin as I am sick of all those bands.

I was getting close burn out today towards the end of my workout and then "Raining Blood" came on!! Its almost like the software knows what I need and when I need it!!!

Edited by thesweetscience

I have many many bands and I just shuffle them. No RUSH, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin as I am sick of all those bands.

I only listen to what would be considered old music. I am stubborn among other things...

I only listen to what would be considered old music. I am stubborn among other things...

I like old music as long as its something you would never hear on the radio. There's plenty of good new music if you know where to look.

I like old music as long as its something you would never hear on the radio. There's plenty of good new music if you know where to look.

Just can't do it. My wife breaks my balls about it all the time. Its no use and she knows it. I am my fathers son.... :LOL:

Just can't do it. My wife breaks my balls about it all the time. Its no use and she knows it. I am my fathers son.... :LOL:

When did you get the member title? I never noticed it but it fits you!!

This is the 3rd incarnation of Narpet I have had. Narpet first, Narpzilla (tx rush suggestion) and Narpski (Lorraine suggested). This one has grown on me and I will most likely keep it. Most folks couldn't give a sh*t anywho...

This is the 3rd incarnation of Narpet I have had. Narpet first, Narpzilla (tx rush suggestion) and Narpski (Lorraine suggested). This one has grown on me and I will most likely keep it. Most folks couldn't give a sh*t anywho...

I meant your member title:

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

I never noticed it before.

I meant your member title:

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

I never noticed it before.

Oops :blush: The fine folks here gave it to me when I was in the hospital in late feb. early march for a week. I was pretty sick and had a pacemaker put in and it seemed to make sense. I was touched to be honest. I wouldn't want any other one....

Steroids are bad, mmkay???

There are a couple of 'roid monkeys I see regularly at the gym. I say that not in a mean way - they're nice guys, always help unload weights that some other asshole left hanging on the leg press, and they do have impressive builds. But it is definitely that heavy massive steroid build as opposed to the "cleaner" look of the natural guys. IBFF is steroid legal, so whatever, but still.

But the other day I saw something I never ever want to see again.

Ryan, one of the 'roid monkeys, was curling some super-heavy dumbbell - I've seen these two curl the 70 lbs., no joke. He hit failure and then tried to cheat one more rep; suddenly he was on the floor screaming and sobbing and swearing and clutching his left arm. Not an ambulance-worthy injury, but his buddy (who I learned the following day is named Stuart), helped poor Ryan up off the floor and got him to the ER.

I saw Stuart again a couple of days later and asked about Ryan's arm. Ryan had had surgery to reattach one head of the biceps that had torn loose from the bone on that last curl attempt. His muscles had hit the point where they were stronger than the ligaments; one key ligament had enough and said, "seeya." So poor Ryan is loaded to the teeth on morphine at home, arm in a cast for at least 6 weeks. I swear the description of the injury made ME want to cry.

There are a couple of 'roid monkeys I see regularly at the gym. I say that not in a mean way - they're nice guys, always help unload weights that some other asshole left hanging on the leg press, and they do have impressive builds. But it is definitely that heavy massive steroid build as opposed to the "cleaner" look of the natural guys. IBFF is steroid legal, so whatever, but still.

Ryan, one of the 'roid monkeys, was curling some super-heavy dumbbell - I've seen these two curl the 70 lbs., no joke. He hit failure and then tried to cheat one more rep; suddenly he was on the floor screaming and sobbing and swearing and clutching his left arm. Not an ambulance-worthy injury, but his buddy (who I learned the following day is named Stuart), helped poor Ryan up off the floor and got him to the ER.

I saw Stuart again a couple of days later and asked about Ryan's arm. Ryan had had surgery to reattach one head of the biceps that had torn loose from the bone on that last curl attempt. His muscles had hit the point where they were stronger than the ligaments; one key ligament had enough and said, "seeya." So poor Ryan is loaded to the teeth on morphine at home, arm in a cast for at least 6 weeks. I swear the description of the injury made ME want to cry.

I bet I could take these guys (...especially if the second fool also snapped a ligament).

Will Ryan and Stuart be rethinking their approaches in the wake of this horrific incident?

I know the type you are talking about and I really don't think it is a good look. It seems that most women do not think so either. Lean, limber and strong is what I am going for.

I know the type you are talking about and I really don't think it is a good look. It seems that most women do not think so either. Lean, limber and strong is what I am going for.

I couldn't tell you what attracts women anymore as per our previous conversation. Middle aged, bald, graying, ruggedly handsome, pleasant and in good shape doesn't seem to work so.... :huh: :LOL:

I couldn't tell you what attracts women anymore as per our previous conversation. Middle aged, bald, graying, ruggedly handsome, pleasant and in good shape doesn't seem to work so.... :huh: :LOL:

They seem to like dudes who look like this:

photo-12325.jpg

Keep working at it, lads.

Went to the gym this morning and started mixing the running in with the walking again. Alternating 5 minutes walking then 2 minutes running up to 40 minutes. Only covered 3.1 miles. I need to and will get back to 4 miles + in 40 minutes again....

I tore off one of my bicep muscles lifting a dresser! No steroids here. I was lifting weights and had a sore muscle before that. It probably had a tear and I kept lifting (not heavy) through the pain. Then moving a dresser one day and OUCH! The doctor told me I actually did his work for him. I tore it off the shoulder end. Apparently at my age, the only reason to have surgery is cosmetic. I now have a popeye muscle. It is more serious if you tear the bottom end.

These pleasant tales really make me want to hit the weights and keep on lifting.

Really, though, deciding whether or not I should lift through the pain is always a struggle for me when I tweak something. Usually, these things last only a couple of days anyway and aren't significant concerns. When they linger, I take a break from whichever lifts bring about the pain—which can be frustrating, because it feels like I'm getting thrown off course and not progressing like I want to. But ultimately, some variety in activities isn't awful for muscles anyway.

These pleasant tales really make me want to hit the weights and keep on lifting.

Really, though, deciding whether or not I should lift through the pain is always a struggle for me when I tweak something. Usually, these things last only a couple of days anyway and aren't significant concerns. When they linger, I take a break from whichever lifts bring about the pain—which can be frustrating, because it feels like I'm getting thrown off course and not progressing like I want to. But ultimately, some variety in activities isn't awful for muscles anyway.

Just listen to you body and adjust. If its a minor tweak, go light. If it's more than just tweaked, take some time off. There are lots of ways to stay fit and be active even if you have a nagging injury.
  • Like 1