Hey, how about we have a "I cannot stand my neighbor" thread. yeah? yeah.

hobo73

-___-

The neighbors next door to us have 2 very large, very angry, very snappy dogs that they cram into a tiny trailer all day til they get home from work. These people are the only people these dogs don't growl/bark/snap at.

Listening to their owners? HA!

One day I was walking down the sidewalk and saw with my own eyes, these dogs teamed up and headbutted the window until it shattered, and they jumped out of the house!!! I ran around the corner, very lucky these dogs happened to look the other way first.

Of course, the neighbors were furious that "so many people around here called animal control". Uh.....duh!!!!

whenever these dogs are roped outside (they need a huge, thick rope to keep these dogs in the yard), they strain at the rope, snap my way when I'm out in my yard, and literally stand there with drool foaming at the mouth. (Not "rabies" foam, more like "I want to rip your throat out with my teeth" foam.)

I'm always terrified they'll get loose when my daughter's outside =/

One day the woman neighbor snaps at ME, "WHY are you always weird about the dogs coming outside? They won't f**kin' hurt you. Get over it." 0_o

I looked her right in the eyes and said if those dogs get loose and go after my daughter, I may get maimed, but she WILL have a dead dog on her hands. I said I would gouge its eyes out, kick their face in and jam a stick down their throat. (I LOVE dogs, these things are just vicious and waiting to attack someone.)

She said how dare you threaten to kill my dogs, how dare you have an attack plan ready, blah blah blah.

Hey- it was just a warning.

well the other day, one of the beasts ran out of the house and down the street. This woman goes "Meh. I'll go after him in a few minutes." Well, she changed her tune once I screamed at my daughter to go inside and shouted at HER to go after her damn dog.

so of course, neighbor lady is mad at me. So what.

yesterday my nephew and daughter were playing in the yard and I see her holding her little boys' hand, taking a walk. Lucy yells "hi!!" and waves- I'm not one of those people who think everyone has to wave back at my child lol.

THIS chick gives my nephew/kid the nastiest look ever, yanks her son around by the wrist and says very loudly "UGH. Let's walk over THIS way. We do NOT want to go near THEM." And she literally drags her little boy away from my yard.

wtf dude. Screw you.

Everyone in this household has told them off when it comes to their dogs- even my father in law, who is almost 70 years old, has put this woman in her place after she told him, basically, she doesn't have to do anything to control her dogs.

I CAN'T STAND THESE NEIGHBORS. And it looks like animal control will only do something once these dogs attack someone. I don't even know how many times they've been called. >.<

Rant over lmao.

Any of you guys have crappy neighbors?? lol

• Like 1

Do I have crappy neighbors? I don't know where to start. The couple upstairs have two kids that are on the lease to that apartment, yet I see additional people there every day that I don't think should be living there legally. People constantly come and go and they can make noise at the most inopportune moments. I'm going to call our landlady about this again, because as I've been told, you can't have more people living in an apartment than what is on a signed rent agreement. It's nasty by the side of the house we all have to share because they put their trash out there prematurely which allows birds and pests to pick at it until they put their trash by the curb. They are very trashy people.
  • Like 2

ooohhh, nasty!!! I hate when people leave garbage outside way before garbage night >.<

ha, one time the park manager here tried to get us in trouble because we're staying with my in laws at the moment. Why they chose people who have never been late with rent in 10 years is beyond me, but whatever.

HA! We're on the lease, ya dolt. ;)

Neighbors can suck sometimes. lol.

Don't mention neighbors. I have the most malicious and vicious neighbors. I never encountered people like this until I moved out here. Not in all of Manhattan did I ever meet anyone as bad.

I can't even go into to what they did to us - not for a little while - but for years. It got so bad I was afraid to go out to get my mail. And all because one of the neighbors' son told his mother I did something that I never did. When I tried to straighten her out about what actually happened, she refused to believe me.

After the harassment finally ended in 2004, it took me a couple of years to return to normal. I still live in fear of their getting bored and starting in again.

If I had the money, I would buy about twenty acres and plop a house in the middle with a ten foot fence all around the property.

My neighbors cured me of having neighbors for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

Oh yeah. I have yet to see a single neighborhood where all neighbors get along and help each other out. Right now I'm surrounded by a-hole dog owners, crack heads, drunkards, and oh yeah- the very back road right next to the railroad tracks? That's where all the sex offenders are dumped.

I was horrified- then looked at the registry online and thought "well, shit- they're all over this town, aren't they."

...needless to say, that street is not visited by us >.<

good point, Lorraine lol

However, all the things I've said are known to said neighbors, authorities have been informed of the dogs by not only me but several other people- I'm ok with my post ;)

Well, three houses down we've got Loser Drug Dealer Kevin and his trailer trash wife, Washed Up Christine. Every six months or so we get entertained by watching Loser Kevin get arrested. Somehow guns keep finding their way into Loser Kevin's house, which is a big no-no because Loser Kevin is a convicted felon. Unfortunately Loser Kevin does not learn his lesson because Enabling Mama keeps bailing his sorry ass out. Unfortunately Loser Kevin and Washed Up Christine aren't going anywhere because LK's dad willed them the house, which is paid for (hey, tax records are free for the looking).

They are on food stamps, which Loser Kevin supplements by dealing drugs. He's not very good at it, because currently the only vehicle they have is a Volvo which is, at the moment, up on blocks.

We hate Loser Kevin and Washed Up Christine because they've got 3 kids they've either lost custody of or have given up to other family. Recently the kids were visiting for the weekend and my husband overheard the daughter, about 12, on her cell phone to her aunt. She said, "Auntie, all Dad does is lie in bed all day smoking and playing X-Box."

• Like 2

Senior year of college, I had a neighbor show up massively drunk and pass out in my bed. She was smokin'. But, she had a very angry boyfriend. That was that.

My neighbor now is ok because she's too cool to talk to me, and her youngest son is a nice kid (older one is in college, never see him). However, when other people show up to their house to offer a ride, rather than go up and knock like considerate people, they just lean on the horn- no matter the hour. They suck.

Well, three houses down we've got Loser Drug Dealer Kevin and his trailer trash wife, Washed Up Christine. Every six months or so we get entertained by watching Loser Kevin get arrested. Somehow guns keep finding their way into Loser Kevin's house, which is a big no-no because Loser Kevin is a convicted felon. Unfortunately Loser Kevin does not learn his lesson because Enabling Mama keeps bailing his sorry ass out. Unfortunately Loser Kevin and Washed Up Christine aren't going anywhere because LK's dad willed them the house, which is paid for (hey, tax records are free for the looking).

They are on food stamps, which Loser Kevin supplements by dealing drugs. He's not very good at it, because currently the only vehicle they have is a Volvo which is, at the moment, up on blocks.

We hate Loser Kevin and Washed Up Christine because they've got 3 kids they've either lost custody of or have given up to other family. Recently the kids were visiting for the weekend and my husband overheard the daughter, about 12, on her cell phone to her aunt. She said, "Auntie, all Dad does is lie in bed all day smoking and playing X-Box."

LMAO!! Loser Kevin and Washed Up Christine. hahaha.

All joking aside, the deal with their children is so sad :( How anyone can have babies and not care for them....I just cannot understand. It happens, I don't know how, and I do not understand. Give those babies to me, I will love them <3

OH heyyyy, now it's time to tell the tale of "crack head John".

He was just in prison for crack, and the second he was off probation, he started geeking out again.

This a**hole....he's crossed the line many, many times over with me. I've called the cops on him- good to know they have better things to do.

He has told me he wanted to see me naked, he has physically blocked my path before and became very aggressive, called my at the time 9 year old niece a "b*tch" & tried forcing his way into the home when I was alone babysitting my 3 young nieces and nephew overnight. (I told him I was going to "break his f*cking finger clear off his hand" and he left.)

I tell him to his face all the time- get away from me before I smear your nose across your face. I will rip your nuts off your body.

I HATE that guy. he's always speed-walking around here all cracked out.

Well, I saw a guy taking pictures of our property today. I went outside and spoke to him and said he received a call about how unkempt the lot was. Our neighbor called about it. My neighbor knows that it's not my responsibility and are very kind to me and we've discussed how our landlord is pretty much absent except to collect rent of course. I also saw a little transaction outside my window with one of the people who've living upstairs (illegally, I believe) and parked car outside. I've called our landlord about that as well. Maybe something will happen.

I have, whom I believe to be, Ted Kazinski's long lost twin next to me. No eye contact. Has deep, very loud conversations with his many cats. I could go on....What happened to the days when your only issue with neighbors was when you could hear them" gettin' down?"
  • Like 1

On the positive side - we love our next door neighbors, Will and Erica.

Across the street we've got Slightly Odd Charlie. Charlie is a wee bit strange; I don't think he has much in the way of close friends or family. But he is nice as can be. Every now and then he blasts loud classic rock - GOOD music - late on Saturday nights. It's kind of cool.

We really ought to invite Slightly Odd Charlie over for dinner. . . .I think sometimes he may be a bit lonely. He just retired from FedEx.

• Like 1

On the positive side - we love our next door neighbors, Will and Erica.

Across the street we've got Slightly Odd Charlie. Charlie is a wee bit strange; I don't think he has much in the way of close friends or family. But he is nice as can be. Every now and then he blasts loud classic rock - GOOD music - late on Saturday nights. It's kind of cool.

We really ought to invite Slightly Odd Charlie over for dinner. . . .I think sometimes he may be a bit lonely. He just retired from FedEx.

Yeah, our neighbors who know John and myself are very nice to us and sympathetic to us and our dilemma with the trash living upstairs.

my neighbor doesnt take care of his lawn. so i have to be extra vigilent with weeds and vines because they're constantly coming over to my yard.

I keep my yard neat, grass cut and edged but do not obsess over how green it is or spend countless hours working on it. My neighbor does and is very judgmental about anyone not just like him. I would rather spend my time on pursuits I enjoy and with family than out tending to grass and shrubbery.

Jeff just came inside and told me he was going to call the village of Beach Park about these dogs. According to him, they were throwing themselves against a window and going berserk because our other neighbor (who's cool lol) was simply standing in his front yard. 0_o

OH. MY. GOD. SWEATY BETTY. HOW HAVE I NOT MENTIONED SWEATY BETTY.

EVERYONE here calls her Sweaty Betty, btw. lol.

Her name is, well, Betty. And even when it's 99 degrees outside, she's wearing the saaaaaame thick sweatshirt and sweatpants, pouring sweat. She wears 3 rings on EVERY finger on both hands.

She is not legally allowed to own/operate an oven, so she doesn't have one. BUT, for some ungodly reason, she has a license and a car. Figure that one out.

She once asked me to go into her home and plug her TV in. No thanks.

Another day she asked me to show her how to use a pay phone. No thanks.

She's just........odd.

Jeff just came inside and told me he was going to call the village of Beach Park about these dogs. According to him, they were throwing themselves against a window and going berserk because our other neighbor (who's cool lol) was simply standing in his front yard. 0_o

OH. MY. GOD. SWEATY BETTY. HOW HAVE I NOT MENTIONED SWEATY BETTY.

EVERYONE here calls her Sweaty Betty, btw. lol.

Her name is, well, Betty. And even when it's 99 degrees outside, she's wearing the saaaaaame thick sweatshirt and sweatpants, pouring sweat. She wears 3 rings on EVERY finger on both hands.

d a car. Figure that one out.

She once asked me to go into her home and plug her TV in. No thanks.

Another day she asked me to show her how to use a pay phone. No thanks.

She's just........odd.

Reading some of these posts makes me grateful I live in a semi-rural area with no close neighbors who are annoying and/or crazy. My nearest neighbors are at least 500 ft. away; everyone pretty much keeps to themselves, but are friendly enough to wave if they see me in the yard, sometimes stopping for a brief chat. I can go to bed at night with my window open, and the only sounds I hear are crickets and the occasional coyote in the distance. Nice and quiet.
  • Like 1

Reading some of these posts makes me grateful I live in a semi-rural area with no close neighbors who are annoying and/or crazy. My nearest neighbors are at least 500 ft. away; everyone pretty much keeps to themselves, but are friendly enough to wave if they see me in the yard, sometimes stopping for a brief chat. I can go to bed at night with my window open, and the only sounds I hear are crickets and the occasional coyote in the distance. Nice and quiet.

That sounds so nice! I want to live somewhere like that. Too many idiots around here.