It's Saturday Night And I'm "HIGH 'N DRY!" "Back In Black" By AC/DC Is BETTER? NO WAY!

"HIGH 'N DRY" VS. "BACK IN BLACK"  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which album kicks the most hard rock ass in your kick ass hard rock mind?

• "High 'N Dry" Def Leppard
    • "Back In Black" AC/DC
    • None of these early Eighties records!! The Rush Forum has been taken over by MUSE Fanatics!

Ultimate Classic Rock's Top Ten Bon Scott lyrics:

http://ultimateclass...t-ac-dc-lyrics/

Ha, no mention of Greek mythology? Science? Lord of the Rings? Ayn Rand? Pff, what fools! What peasants! Excuse me while GeddyRulz and I discuss the finer aspects of life, while you fools sit and listen to this mindless party dribble. Ha!

No thank you; I'll have that discussion with people a little more like-minded. Why don't you go join the fools listening to the mindless party dribble, since you enjoy it so much.

I haven't liked an ACDC record start-to-finish SINCE back in black dude, just because I'm defending bon scott when clearly you've heard maybe 3 songs doesn't mean I'm some huge ACDC fan, I just like to call out a snob from time to time

No love for For Those About to Rock We Salute You?

Ha, no mention of Greek mythology? Science? Lord of the Rings? Ayn Rand? Pff, what fools! What peasants! Excuse me while GeddyRulz and I discuss the finer aspects of life, while you fools sit and listen to this mindless party dribble. Ha!

No thank you; I'll have that discussion with people a little more like-minded. Why don't you go join the fools listening to the mindless party dribble, since you enjoy it so much.

I haven't liked an ACDC record start-to-finish SINCE back in black dude, just because I'm defending bon scott when clearly you've heard maybe 3 songs doesn't mean I'm some huge ACDC fan, I just like to call out a snob from time to time

It's f***ing good! What more do you need? :smoke: :haz:

I'm surprised that this thread has gone on this long and at the passion in this thread. I figured that anyone that liked one of these bands would at least tolerate the other but no, that doesn't seem to be the case.

1. I haven’t liked a Rush album “START TO FINISH” since Moving Pictures, but I’m still a fan. There aren’t ANY albums by Rainbow or Van Halen or Iron Maiden that I like “START TO FINISH,” but I’m a fan of them, too. You’re an ACDC fan; you know it, and I know it.

2. I’ve heard more ACDC songs from the Bon Era than three. TNT, The Jack, Long Way to the Top, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Big Balls, Highway to Hell… that’s six right there, or TWICE as many as you thought I “maybe” knew.

3. I’m sure everyone thanks you for the service you’ve provided: “calling out” a snob. Congratulations. If that was your only goal here, I could’ve saved you the trouble: I freely admit I’m a (musical) snob. I didn’t need to be “outed.”

god damn he's even using a fancy font to show us how smart he is!

• Like 1

I've always felt Bon Scott was a solid lyricist . Down and dirty street poetry.

the dude was real, and anyone who writes him off as a "party" lyricist clearly hasn't heard anything besides radio hits... bon seemed to have a brain about him

Yeah, that business about who-has-the-biggest-balls, that was poetic and deep! Real intellectual stuff!

But I digress. I don't know their catalog as well as you. (Thank God! I've heard enough!) Quote me some of his "brainier" lyrics and prove me wrong.

Listen to Ride On.

Gut wrenching, real life account- looking back on his life and admitting some pretty tough facts.

I'm surprised that this thread has gone on this long and at the passion in this thread. I figured that anyone that liked one of these bands would at least tolerate the other but no, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I AM PISSED

I've always felt Bon Scott was a solid lyricist . Down and dirty street poetry.

the dude was real, and anyone who writes him off as a "party" lyricist clearly hasn't heard anything besides radio hits... bon seemed to have a brain about him

Yeah, that business about who-has-the-biggest-balls, that was poetic and deep! Real intellectual stuff!

But I digress. I don't know their catalog as well as you. (Thank God! I've heard enough!) Quote me some of his "brainier" lyrics and prove me wrong.

Listen to Ride On.

Gut wrenching, real life account- looking back on his life and admitting some pretty tough facts.

he's busy with aristotle

It's f***ing good! What more do you need? :smoke: :haz:

other than a few tracks, I always found it a bit underwhelming...I just prefer the bon stuff, sorry

Dude, I can't wait to get my entire left arm sleeved with AC/DC tattoos. I BLEED lightning bolts.

Love every AC/DC album, every single one. And I would put Powerage up against Leppard's best any day.

I just flat out do not like DL. my brother saw them a few years ago and asked if I was slightly jealous- I laughed lol.

I would pay any price to see AC/DC live if I had the money to do so. ANY price.

• Like 2

Dude, I can't wait to get my entire left arm sleeved with AC/DC tattoos. I BLEED lightning bolts.

Love every AC/DC album, every single one. And I would put Powerage up against Leppard's best any day.

I just flat out do not like DL. my brother saw them a few years ago and asked if I was slightly jealous- I laughed lol.

Powerage shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as DL. I LOVE ALL AC/DC, and people love to slam Johnson's vocals, but have you heard Joe Elliott lately? Brian is fukkin Pavorotti compared to that bloated wus!

• Like 2

Bottom line- Bon era is the greatest rock n' roll ever created! GeddyRulz doesn't know what the fukk he's talking about!

AC/DC, Motorhead and The Ramones...the holy trinity of *real* rock n' roll...case closed! :hail:

• Like 2

And I would put Powerage up against Leppard's best any day.

In all fairness I think Earl would agree on that one, he's a Bon die-hard and good on him.

(lol, not a bad comeback Rushhead666, 5 pages in, you really stirred it up good).

• Like 1

Bottom line- Bon era is the greatest rock n' roll ever created! GeddyRulz doesn't know what the fukk he's talking about!

he's trying to think of a rebuttal to that one...but not even the greek philosophers have spoken so eloquently!

• Like 1

1. I haven’t liked a Rush album “START TO FINISH” since Moving Pictures, but I’m still a fan. There aren’t ANY albums by Rainbow or Van Halen or Iron Maiden that I like “START TO FINISH,” but I’m a fan of them, too. You’re an ACDC fan; you know it, and I know it.

2. I’ve heard more ACDC songs from the Bon Era than three. TNT, The Jack, Long Way to the Top, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Big Balls, Highway to Hell… that’s six right there, or TWICE as many as you thought I “maybe” knew.

3. I’m sure everyone thanks you for the service you’ve provided: “calling out” a snob. Congratulations. If that was your only goal here, I could’ve saved you the trouble: I freely admit I’m a (musical) snob. I didn’t need to be “outed.”

Uh... noooooo...

I type these longer posts of mine in a Word document first, for easier editing and such, before pasting them to TRF. And it came out like that.

he's trying to think of a rebuttal to that one...but not even the greek philosophers have spoken so eloquently!

Bwahahahahaha!!! That's "eloquent"? Bwahahahahaha!!

And: "the greatest rock and roll ever created"?? Bwhahahahaha!!!

You guys are just RIDICULOUS!!!

Uh... noooooo...

I type these longer posts of mine in a Word document first, for easier editing and such, before pasting them to TRF. And it came out like that.

*cracks knuckles* *takes a deep breath* ok I gotta type up a long post on the rush forum, lemme open up microsoft word...I'm about to CRUSH these ACDC fans

sorry faulkner, you've been OWNED

sorry faulkner, you've been OWNED

Really? "Owned"???

:laughing guy:

Keep this crap coming. You're cracking the shit out of me!!

Uh... noooooo...

*cracks knuckles* *takes a deep breath* ok I gotta type up a long post on the rush forum, lemme open up microsoft word...I'm about to CRUSH these ACDC fans

Haha.. Ok that was funny

Powerage shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as DL. I LOVE ALL AC/DC, and people love to slam Johnson's vocals, but have you heard Joe Elliott lately? Brian is fukkin Pavorotti compared to that bloated wus!

Neither of them are at the top of their game anymore obviously. But Pyromania is fantastic. My first concert was AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour, and I enjoy all of their albums, but even Back in Black or Highway to Hell has to yield to Pyromania.

No, I haven't crushed the ACDC fans... just you.

I listed the reasons why I personally don't like ACDC, and your reply was that my post was too long. (I believe you compared it to "a health care bill." And it really wasn't long!) I repeated my talking points, waiting for a valid rebuttal, and you only responded with exaggerations about my snobbishness. ("He's reading Aristotle" and such.) When you failed to land blows there - because I never took the bait, I wasn't offended, and I admitted to a certain degree of snobbishness - you were left cracking on the font I use, of all things! You were beaten in this argument before you began. "Owned" indeed.

Xanadood, at least, had a respectful and valid argument…

What albums have you heard?..with all due respect Rulz' date=' you cant listen to AC/DC with a Rush mentality. Bon Scott wrote what he experienced, and was very much a bad ass rock n roll frontman. Much like Ronnie Van Zant. These guys were honest and yeah, the lyrics were clever..In a biker bar, back alley sort of way...I will dig some up as examples in a bit...[/quote']

To this I say, fine. Point taken. For the record, I don’t listen to ACDC with a Rush mentality. I recognize that not every lyricist is a Neil Peart. Some of the stuff I like has fairly simple lyrics about chicks and ballin’ and being a badass. (Xanadood’s comment made me think of Phil Lynott. "I am your main man if you're looking for trouble. I'll take no lip, 'cause no one's tougher than me." Phil wrote what he experienced, was a badass frontman, was honest, and was clever in a backalley sort of way... and I love Thin Lizzy!) I listen to ACDC with that mentality – the Thin Lizzy and Van Halen mentality – and from what I’ve heard, I still feel they come up way short, and not just lyrically. ACDC’s music isn’t as good as those similarly “simple” bands: Thin Lizzy had smartly constructed arrangements, Van Halen had the technical virtuosity of Eddie, etc. Where’s the musical originality, innovation, experimentation, and/or virtuosity in ACDC? I don't see/hear it.

P.S., and yes, there's that font again! ;)

Edited by GeddyRulz

No, I haven't crushed the ACDC fans... just you.

I listed the reasons why I personally don't like ACDC, and your reply was that my post was too long. (I believe you compared it to "a health care bill." And it really wasn't long!) I repeated my talking points, waiting for a valid rebuttal, and you only responded with exaggerations about my snobbishness. ("He's reading Aristotle" and such.) When you failed to land blows there - because I never took the bait, I wasn't offended, and I admitted to a certain degree of snobbishness - you were left cracking on the font I use, of all things! You were beaten in this argument before you began. "Owned" indeed.

Xanadood, at least, had a respectful and valid argument…

What albums have you heard?..with all due respect Rulz' date=' you cant listen to AC/DC with a Rush mentality. Bon Scott wrote what he experienced, and was very much a bad ass rock n roll frontman. Much like Ronnie Van Zant. These guys were honest and yeah, the lyrics were clever..In a biker bar, back alley sort of way...I will dig some up as examples in a bit...[/quote']

To this I say, fine. Point taken. For the record, I don’t listen to ACDC with a Rush mentality. I recognize that not every lyricist is a Neil Peart. Some of the stuff I like has fairly simple lyrics about chicks and ballin’ and being a badass. (Xanadood’s comment made me think of Phil Lynott. "I am your main man if you're looking for trouble. I'll take no lip, 'cause no one's tougher than me." Phil wrote what he experienced, was a badass frontman, was honest, and was clever in a backalley sort of way... and I love Thin Lizzy!) I listen to ACDC with that mentality – the Thin Lizzy and Van Halen mentality – and from what I’ve heard, I still feel they come up way short, and not just lyrically. ACDC’s music isn’t as good as those similarly “simple” bands: Thin Lizzy had smartly constructed arrangements, Van Halen had the technical virtuosity of Eddie, etc. Where’s the musical originality, innovation, experimentation, and/or virtuosity in ACDC? I don't see/hear it.

P.S., and yes, there's that font again! ;)

tl;dr my friend