Rush Sucks!

snowdogged

Boys and girls, since I am the finest human being that I know, I'll tell you what I am going to do for you.

We are going to start a self-help, 12 step program and call it Rush Anonymous. To see if you are a qualified Rushaholic, take this easy quiz. If you answer yes to one or more questions, you may be a candidate:

1. Do you think about Rush every day for hours?

2. Do you listen to Rush music every day?

3. If a day goes by when you don't listen to Rush, do your eyes glaze over and your ears ring?

4. Do you find yourself wearing funny hats with arcane symbols on it?

5. Have you consulted a plastic surgeon to have your nose made larger?

6. Do you obsess about soup?

7. Do you put yourself in debt to purchase tickets for their concert?

The first thing you must do to qualify for RA is to admit that you are powerless when it comes to Rush. We will take it from there. Good luck!

Rush Sucks!

Boys and girls, since I am the finest human being that I know, I'll tell you what I am going to do for you.

We are going to start a self-help, 12 step program and call it Rush Anonymous. To see if you are a qualified Rushaholic, take this easy quiz. If you answer yes to one or more questions, you may be a candidate:

3. If a day goes by when you don't listen to Rush, do your eyes glaze over and your ears ring?

The first thing you must do to qualify for RA is to admit that you are powerless when it comes to Rush. We will take it from there. Good luck!

Rush Sucks!

1. Not since my lawyer threatened my jailers with an 8th Amendment lawsuit.

2; Why would anyone do that?

3. No, but my heart soars

4. I'm saving that for when I'm elected Pope.

5. My nose? No, not that.

6. .Yes. Yes I do. And I really don't know why you have a problem with that.

7. People pay to see Rush?

• Like 1

Whoever started this thread is an ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Best thread ever! It's about time people started speaking the truth about Rush!! :P

It is and it is.

I say let it go for another dozen pages.

And what is that silly thing you have about them being the best thing Canada ever exported? Anyone with a brain knows that the best thing Canada ever exported is that dry ginger ale. :eh:

Canada has invented hockey and basketball. We could of kept both of them to ourselves.

Best thread ever! It's about time people started speaking the truth about Rush!! :P

It is and it is.

And what is that silly thing you have about them being the best thing Canada ever exported? Anyone with a brain knows that the best thing Canada ever exported is that dry ginger ale. :eh:

Canada has invented hockey and basketball. We could of kept both of them to ourselves.

What you should have kept to yourself was Rush.

Snowdog, this is your cue.

• Like 1

It is and it is.

What you should have kept to yourself was Rush.

Snowdog, this is your cue.

Yeah, Snowdog.

Hmmm. Mr. Laugh, I see you are a man with bitter resentments and in deep denial. Also, your flag is upside down which indicates you could be an SDSer from yesteryear.

You need more than RA.

I never took SDS, in the 60s or otherwise.

Or in words you Rushaholics can understand, I've never "drawn another goblet from the cask of 43".

Hmmm. Mr. Laugh, I see you are a man with bitter resentments and in deep denial. Also, your flag is upside down which indicates you could be an SDSer from yesteryear.

You need more than RA.

Or in words you Rushaholics can understand, I've never "drawn another goblet from the cask of 43".

I think that you are in the wrong thread. Someone just started a "Fountain of Lamneth" thread. I think that you thought that you were posting in that thread. That's what I think you thought. :eh:

You need more than RA.

I think that you are in the wrong thread. Someone just started a "Fountain of Lamneth" thread. I think that you thought that you were posting in that thread. That's what I think you thought. :eh:

Thanks for attributing psychic power to me but sometimes time stamps can be your friend.

You need more than RA.

Thanks for attributing psychic power to me but sometimes time stamps can be your friend.

Details... details...

:goodone:

I forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah, :goodone:

c-c-c-combo breaker

and... Rush sucks :yes:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Clown_19d32c_1130310.jpg

• Like 2

*stands up*

Hi my name is Gangster Furious and I'm a Rushaholic. :facepalm:

It all started about two years ago. My husband, also a Rushaholic since 1978, played a song called Limelight (Limelight, heh, what kind of a stupid title is that?). But all of the sudden my brain went all fuzzy and I started craving my next fix. All it took was that one song and I was hooked. :boohoo: I asked him to play the song again, and again, and again, I got as high as a kite. After that, Limelight was not enough, I needed more. He played the rest of Moving Pictures for me in the truck, and when we got to our destination I didn't want to get out, I wanted to stay inside and listen to more Rush. Once he coaxed me out of the truck with the promise of ice cream (my other addiction) I couldn't concentrate on anything else other than getting back into the truck to listen to more and more. By the time we finished running our errands and got back into the truck I was so relieved. "Please play more Rush for me" I told him. He put in Hemispheres and that's when I had my first "braingasm". Of course those are amazing and addicting and well.... yeah... :blush:

I haven't been able to stop since...

It's been all downhill since then. At least once a month I have to buy something Rush-related or else I start getting all twitchy, start mumbling, and picking at myself until there are little scabs. Just two days ago I rushed (I am always in a "rush" these days) into our local vinyl store and went right over to the "Rush" section, they had a new copy of "Moving Pictures" on vinyl from the Time Machine Tour. I had to have it. Then while I was standing in the store I lost my husband, only to find him going through the poster section obsessively looking for a Rush poster. He ran up to the salesman (salesmen!) and begged him to let him know if they had any Rush posters. They had two new ones, one from the Hemispheres tour, and one black light poster with the Starman on it. My husband started hitting me with the rolled up copy of the Hemispheres poster until I agreed to buy it for him. "Buy the other poster as well." I told him. "But we don't have a blacklight." He responded.

At that point I grabbed him by the collar with both of my hands and screamed "We will buy a black light just get the damn poster!!!".

:wtf: Has happened to my life?

1. I do think about Rush everyday for hours. But then again that's hard to NOT do when you're on this damn Forum all of the time.

2. I can't start my car unless the sweet angelic voice of Geddy Lee is playing on my iPhone.

3. My eyes do glaze over if I don't get a daily fix. The twitching is terrible.

4. I find myself thinking about getting tattoos of arcane symbols.

5. I actually want my own nose a bit thinner but I only find that men with huge - and I mean beyond average huge noses - are attractive.

6. I eat soup every day for lunch, and then sometimes I eat two soups.

7. *Looks at scar where my kidney was taken out and sold for VIP tickets*

Let me be a warning kids...

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 3

*stands up*

It all started about two years ago. My husband, also a Rushaholic since 1978, played a song called Limelight (Limelight, heh, what kind of a stupid title is that?). But all of the sudden my brain went all fuzzy and I started craving my next fix. All it took was that one song and I was hooked. :boohoo: I asked him to play the song again, and again, and again, I got as high as a kite. After that, Limelight was not enough, I needed more. He played the rest of Moving Pictures for me in the truck, and when we got to our destination I didn't want to get out, I wanted to stay inside and listen to more Rush. Once he coaxed me out of the truck with the promise of ice cream (my other addiction) I couldn't concentrate on anything else other than getting back into the truck to listen to more and more. By the time we finished running our errands and got back into the truck I was so relieved. "Please play more Rush for me" I told him. He put in Hemispheres and that's when I had my first "braingasm". Of course those are amazing and addicting and well.... yeah... :blush:

It's been all downhill since then. At least once a month I have to buy something Rush-related or else I start getting all twitchy, start mumbling, and picking at myself until there are little scabs. Just two days ago I rushed (I am always in a "rush" these days) into our local vinyl store and went right over to the "Rush" section, they had a new copy of "Moving Pictures" on vinyl from the Time Machine Tour. I had to have it. Then while I was standing in the store I lost my husband, only to find him going through the poster section obsessively looking for a Rush poster. He ran up to the salesman (salesmen!) and begged him to let him know if they had any Rush posters. They had two new ones, one from the Hemispheres tour, and one black light poster with the Starman on it. My husband started hitting me with the rolled up copy of the Hemispheres poster until I agreed to buy it for him. "Buy the other poster as well." I told him. "But we don't have a blacklight." He responded.

At that point I grabbed him by the collar with both of my hands and screamed "We will buy a black light just get the damn poster!!!".

1. I do think about Rush everyday for hours. But then again that's hard to NOT do when you're on this damn Forum all of the time.

2. I can't start my car unless the sweet angelic voice of Geddy Lee is playing on my iPhone.

5. I actually want my own nose a bit thinner but I only find men with huge, I mean beyond average huge noses are attractive.

Do you see what Rush does to people's lives? Rush should start selling straightjackets with the Starman on it and then they'd really make a killing.
  • Like 4

*stands up*

5. I actually want my own nose a bit thinner but I only find men with huge, I mean beyond average huge noses are attractive.

Do you see what Rush does to people's lives? Rush should start selling straightjackets with the Starman on it and then they'd really make a killing.

You should see the padded room plans we have drawn up for when we build our house.

• Like 3

*stands up*

You should see the padded room plans we have drawn up for when we build our house.

Maybe you should pad all the rooms! :P
  • Like 1

*stands up*

5. I actually want my own nose a bit thinner but I only find that men with huge - and I mean beyond average huge noses - are attractive.

Everyone now in unison: Hi Gangster!!!.

Dear Gangster, you have taken a big step today by admitting that you are a hopeless Rush junkie and they have just about ruined your life. Obviously, you are out of control. This trio of hooligans from Canada have all but taken over your life.

Now. These are some of the steps you must take to live a completely Rush-free life. Remember. You will always be a Rushaholic but there IS life outside of Rush.

1. Send me all of your Rush CDs and DVDs.

2. Send me all of your Rush memorabilia and posters (don't forget the black light 'cause I don't have one either - I dumped it with my lava lamp and strobe light when the sixties were over).

3. Stop making your husband wear a Geddy Lee mask. (No. Keep the mask. I don't want that too.)

We are going to make you our first official Rush Anonymous poster girl. So, before you detox from them, work yourself up into a Rush frenzy and have your hub snap a dozen or so shots. We will choose the worst one to show Rush destroys lives.

But get those padded rooms built into your new house anyway. Anyone crazy enough to be fanatical about this talentless trio of baboons can't be sane to begin with.

• Like 3

*stands up*

Everyone now in unison: Hi Gangster!!!.

Dear Gangster, you have taken a big step today by admitting that you are a hopeless Rush junkie and they have just about ruined your life. Obviously, you are out of control. This trio of hooligans from Canada have all but taken over your life.

Now. These are some of the steps you must take to live a completely Rush-free life. Remember. You will always be a Rushaholic but there IS life outside of Rush.

1. Send me all of your Rush CDs and DVDs.

2. Send me all of your Rush memorabilia and posters (don't forget the black light 'cause I don't have one either - I dumped it with my lava lamp and strobe light when the sixties were over).

3. Stop making your husband wear a Geddy Lee mask. (No. Keep the mask. I don't want that too.)

We are going to make you our first official Rush Anonymous poster girl. So, before you detox from them, work yourself up into a Rush frenzy and have your hub snap a dozen or so shots. We will choose the worst one to show Rush destroys lives.

But get those padded rooms built into your new house anyway. Anyone crazy enough to be fanatical about this talentless trio of baboons can't be sane to begin with.

Don't listen to any of that!(Except for the padded room part.). Lorraine may mean well but the best way to rid yourself of a Rush addiction is to start using heroin and just devote all of your free time to doing that. All things related to Rush will be gone in no time. Eventually, you will even lose all of your friends and even your family will want nothing to do with you. But, that is a good thing because those people would only tempt you to talk about Rush and that would be bad. I really hope that you can find the peace that you are looking for through heroin.

P.S. Some friendly advice: Using vitamin E oil is very good for making your track marks less noticeable.

Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 3

I can spot scholarly excellence and genius a mile away, and the above post reeks of it.

Gangster, I must defer to the sage advice of Snowdogged.

The only bit of wisdom I can add to his superior suggestion of drowning your sorrows in heroin is to say: be sure to always use clean needles. ;)

P.S. If Vitamin E oil doesn't work, just wear long sleeves.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I can spot scholarly excellence and genius a mile away, and the above post reeks of it.

The only bit of wisdom I can add to his superior suggestion of drowning your sorrows in heroin is to say: be sure to always use clean needles. ;)

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/artist-news/rush/rush-geddy-lee-video-630-80.jpg

B-b-b-b-butttttt Geddy Lee wears long sleeves too!!!

• Like 3

You guys are sick btw. :P

• Like 1

Rush just became the new spokesmen for Hoover, Bissell, Dyson and Dirt Devil! That is A LOT of sucking!

Well then they should send one of the members over to come clean my hallway carpet. It's loaded with dog hair right now, ick.