What a wacky Rush dream I just had

nhlrush

So I work overnights and that can be tough as far as sleep goes....so, i was sleeping during the early afternoon today and had one of those dreams I wonder if any of you had...a wacky dream with the members of rush in it...

Right before I went to sleep I was watching some of the RRHOF HBO material on the internet since I don't have HBO..I watched the acceptance speeches and for the first time really started to understand Alex's blah blah story...pretty smart guy for someone who only says blah blah...

Anyway, on to the dream, essentially Alex, Geddy & Neil, yes, Neil are in my house...but of course its a dream so its not my actual house, but in the dream its my house...

They are watching the Rush documentary on my TV, why, who knows, but they are all sitting there watching it...

What am I doing? I am frantically going through my Rush stuff looking for items for them to sign....but most of it isn't there....I go to my pile of LPs, there's only like two of them....all the others aren't there....I start looking through folders of pictures from thirty years ago looking for something for them to sign...but all I have is some lame newspaper articles and some lame magazine ads pulled out of the magazine...

I start freaking out that when I return to the room, they will be gone and didn't say goodbye and I didn't get to take a few pictures with them and sign a few things...

So I am just in my basement going through stuff wondering where is my cool Rush stuff and thinking they were going to leave....

and then I woke up....

really not much to it, but I found it interesting how much I was freaking that they were in my house for one, two that they were watching the doc and wondering why they cared and three trying to find anything related to rush for them to autograph....

So I work overnights and that can be tough as far as sleep goes....so, i was sleeping during the early afternoon today and had one of those dreams I wonder if any of you had...a wacky dream with the members of rush in it...

Right before I went to sleep I was watching some of the RRHOF HBO material on the internet since I don't have HBO..I watched the acceptance speeches and for the first time really started to understand Alex's blah blah story...pretty smart guy for someone who only says blah blah...

Anyway, on to the dream, essentially Alex, Geddy & Neil, yes, Neil are in my house...but of course it's a dream so it's not my actual house, but in the dream it's my house...

They are watching the Rush documentary on my TV, why, who knows, but they are all sitting there watching it...

What am I doing? I am frantically going through my Rush stuff looking for items for them to sign....but most of it isn't there....I go to my pile of LPs, there's only like two of them....all the others aren't there....I start looking through folders of pictures from thirty years ago looking for something for them to sign...but all I have is some lame newspaper articles and some lame magazine ads pulled out of the magazine...

I start freaking out that when I return to the room, they will be gone and didn't say goodbye and I didn't get to take a few pictures with them and sign a few things...

So I am just in my basement going through stuff wondering where is my cool Rush stuff and thinking they were going to leave....

and then I woke up....

really not much to it, but I found it interesting how much I was freaking that they were in my house for one, two that they were watching the doc and wondering why they cared and three trying to find anything related to rush for them to autograph....

:LOL:

Anyway, on to the dream, essentially Alex, Geddy & Neil, yes, Neil are in my house...but of course it's a dream so it's not my actual house, but in the dream it's my house...

and then I woke up....

:LOL:

I think i meant that the house in my dream was the place where i lived and called my home, but it was much nicer than my actual home....ah, it was my "dream house."

Did you forget to take your meds this week?

Just say'n.... :D

Snaked, I had another dream....

I was standing outside the arena in Manchester, New Hampshire....I used my cell phone and called ticketmaster and scored fourth row seats for the Rush show that night....then some bozo named Snaked says, "stay on the phone."

Snaked grabs my phone and get his own tickets with ticketmaster....except these tickets are front row.....

oh, wait, that actually happened....now hand over that portland ticket and be done with it....or....I'll see you there....you can sneak me up to the front thank you....

Why were you trying to make them sign stuff. They're your guests. You shoulda sat there and enjoyed the documentary with them

Yeah, cuz that's the only weird thing about the dream. :eyeroll:

Interesting dream. I think it signifies your fear that Rush will not make another album before they retire.. Don't worry kid. We've all been there. Put the headphones away and go back to bed :P lol

Why were you trying to make them sign stuff. They're your guests. You shoulda sat there and enjoyed the documentary with them

Why do you think I was so stirred by this dream...When I woke up and realized I had the dream, I too was wondering why the panic of looking through my stuff...and actually i don't really have all that stuff in reality.....i mean i do have all the LPs and a few various odds and ends, but i don't have a folder with photos or articles....I am not an avid collector of rush swag....

So yeah, here are the guys sitting on my couch, watching the documentary, all sitting there quietly watching, and I am in the basement and garage freaking out....

I do own a bunch of old NJ personalized license plates with RUSH on them in one way or another and I was trying to find them, thinking they could sign the plate...I have no idea why I wanted autographs, I don't really care about their autographs in real life....

If they were ever really in my house, okay, never gonna happen, but if it did, I would just want to sit with them and talk...period....maybe a quick pic with them on their way out, maybe sign one thing, just to capture the memory...

dreams are so strange sometimes....i have had dreams where rush or a rush show, or something rush related is in there, but i don't think i have ever had a dream with the guys so much as the focus of the dream....

I once had one before the nashville show...i was driving up to the show with my friend and along the way we ran into Neil at a gas station and struck up a conversation...next thing i remember we're all hanging out together backstage...laughing, telling stories, and getting a personal tour of the stage...basically having the time of my life..then as showtime approached i was somehow transported back to my house without a ticket to the show so i had to watch it on television...(in my dreams they broadcast live Rush shows...heavenly, right?)...i was so angry because my friend was still at the show and not one person i talked to in my dream believed that we were hanging out with Rush...that one had a kind of nightmare twist

Okay, i think i figured something out...

yesterday, I was thinking about some of the successes you've all had with sending items to venues to be signed by the band....i have always wanted my avatar pic of my meet and greet with ged & alex signed to me....so i was thinking of sending that out this summer and seeing what happens....still haven't figured what to send for neil to sign, but it would be cool to have him personalize something....

so perhaps just thinking about that yesterday triggered my mad dash through my house looking for items for them to sign, as long as they were sitting in my living room watching my TV.....

Very funny dreams nhlrush and edm2112.......funny in a sad way of course. :P Isn't that referred to as 'shooting yourself in your own foot' nhlrush?

I had a couple of neurotic Rush dreams like that too, several years ago and I still remember all the details. Too long to write it all up but in a nutshell, in the first one I was in a small, select group of people who were invited to a barbecue dinner on stage right in front of Alex during an outdoor concert. Well right away I realized I had left my purse with a friend at the back of the amphitheater and left the stage to go find her. I was getting lost and then it started raining, finally found my friend and made her drive me into town to buy an umbrella. By the time we got back the concert was over as Geddy was saying his final "thank you Seattle"!

I woke up on the verge of tears asking myself "are you really that anal retentive?" and knew that at least a part of me is. The other dream was equally pathetic, lol.

I'm worried this thread might inspire some of the TRF women to post their Rush dreams involving Geddy, Alex, Neil, chains, whips, gimp outfits, and midgets.

Run to the hills. Run for your lives.

Those are in the New World Women forum.

:whipgirl:

I'm worried this thread might inspire some of the TRF women to post their Rush dreams involving Geddy, Alex, Neil, chains, whips, gimp outfits, and midgets.

Run to the hills. Run for your lives.

Those are in the New World Women forum.

:whipgirl:

Thank you! :)

My neurotic Rush dream was that I somehow ended up subbing in for Alex for one show, with no rehearsal, and did I mention that I really can barely play anything on guitar let alone anything by Rush. So, I get right out on stage but I'm sort of in the back, and somehow I just manage to play something. It's not any actual Rush song, just some blast of lead guitar. Then as soon as I get going I wake up. I've had several false start dreams, where I woke up as I'm just about to meet Rush, and jam with them.