Orchestra on future tours?

Gilbertk

Strings?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see strings again in future tours?

• Yes! Give me more!!
    • No way, just Rush from now on please.
    • Doesn't matter to me, I'll go and enjoy the show either way.

Would anyone be opposed? I'm pretty sure this was a one off because of the use of strings on the album.. but would anyone else want it back? I sure would.

Xanadu, Losing It, pretty much anything from the 80's and even a great deal of the 70's.. so many options. Heck, I wouldn't complain if they replaced all the synths in Tom Sawyer with strings, that way they could still play the song but give variety to those who have seen it live for 30+ years.

I doubt any of this will ever happen as I seriously doubt that they'll bring back the strings, but it's fun to think about.

Just from watching the videos on youtube, it seems that the guys LOVE having them up there. And while maybe on future tours they wouldn't play together for 12 songs, 5 or 6 every night would be great. The part that David wrote for YYZ is fantastic!

On opening night in Manchester New Hampshire, I absolutely hated the strings....I was side stage on Alex's side and I had a view of the strings that most others on the floor and arena didn't...

I saw 13 shows in the fall and by the time I got to the three Texas shows, I had grown to really appreciate the strings, especially how Alex and Geddy would interact with them...

But, I like the idea of the strings for this tour only....the Clockwork Angels tour....

Rush rarely does the same thing twice, hence the idea of no 40th anniversary tour, so I think when they hit Kansas City on August 4, the strings will be put to rest...

As much as I appreciate the strings, Rush is a three piece and I think they should finish their touring careers as such....

Edited by nhlrush

They mentioned such an idea back in 2004. They said that even if they do it, it would only be for a handful of shows (most of those tours are short anyway).

If they do, they might do well to just have the orchestra on the second half of the show, like they have on this tour.