AC/DC Flick of the Switch

hobo73

I think I've said this before somewhere, but 'Flick' is Powerage's bastard son. Powerage is THE best AC/DC album IMO, but the rawness of Flick just sits nicely after the slickness of Mutt Lange produced albums. Very underrated.

Agree with everything you said! I always said Flick is Brian's Powerage.

I think I've said this before somewhere, but 'Flick' is Powerage's bastard son. Powerage is THE best AC/DC album IMO, but the rawness of Flick just sits nicely after the slickness of Mutt Lange produced albums. Very underrated.

You two inspired me to listen to Powerage on my run tonite. "What's Next to the Moon" is such a great track!
  • Like 1

FOTS and FTATR are both underrated. Most people say the last classic AC/DC album is BIB. Totally disagree. These two are classics for sure, though not so sure about Fly On The Wall though—I haven't heard it since '85 or '86.

FOTS and FTATR are both underrated. Most people say the last classic AC/DC album is BIB. Totally disagree. These two are classics for sure, though not so sure about Fly On The Wall though—I haven't heard it since '85 or '86.

Fly is good, it's just the horrible production ruins it.
  • Like 1

You two inspired me to listen to Powerage on my run tonite. "What's Next to the Moon" is such a great track!

I didn't mean to hurt that woman of mine, it was a heart attack! Great tune indeed!

You both are spot on!! love it :P

It IS nice to have the raw rock n roll of FOTS after so many shiny songs produced by Lange. (I call Fly on the Wall a "shiny" album, too. PRODUCTION. lol.)

Nervous Shakedown is my fave ATM, but that changes regularly lol.

I'm not a big fan of post-Bon AC-DC so I haven't listened to this album much but I can say it is one of the worst album covers in the history of music! looks like a pencil drawing from a high school kid.

I heard Phill Rudd was fired during the recording of this album and they auditioned over 700 drummers to replace him.. Amazing that it took that much to find someone that can handle 4/4 time lol

I'm not a big fan of post-Bon AC-DC so I haven't listened to this album much but I can say it is one of the worst album covers in the history of music! looks like a pencil drawing from a high school kid.

I agree it's a terrible cover. I guess it's part of the band's overall attempt to get back to basics (remember the hand drawn cover for the original High Voltage and Dirty Deeds?).

I agree it's a terrible cover. I guess it's part of the band's overall attempt to get back to basics (remember the hand drawn cover for the original High Voltage and Dirty Deeds?).

The only difference is that the original Dirty Deeds cover is awesome! Much better than the dumb motel with blacked out eyes and pink logo!

It's a simple cover, but DEFINITELY the next AC/DC "album cover" shirt I want. I already have Powerage lol

I heard Phill Rudd was fired during the recording of this album and they auditioned over 700 drummers to replace him.. Amazing that it took that much to find someone that can handle 4/4 time lol

..especially when you consider Neil Peart was the third drummer that Rush auditioned.. haha

I think of FOTS a lot like I think of Grace Under Pressure. It's the last really good album after a run of great ones. I like P/G, but not as much as I love Signals or PeW. But more than Hold Your Fire. Flick isn't as good as BiB, or Highway, or FTATR, but it's better than everything that's come afterwards.

First off, let me say that I am not an ACDC fan. Seen them once and thought it was an ok show but nothing great. Have a bunch of their albums but don't really listen to them. That being said, I agree that Flick is an underrated album. Always thought that it was a bit underrated and really went back and listened to it a bit a few years back (again, since its an ACDC album it just wont get listened to all that much) and realized that my reaction to it many years back when i listened to ACDC a bit more than I do know was correct. It is underrated. That being said, it got put back on the shelf with the rest of my vinyl (which is actually the form that most of my music is in) and I have not listed to it much since. Not likely to either. There is just so much other music out their that I prefer to ACDC - even their good albums like this one, Back in Black, Highway to Hell and For those About to Rock. The rest of their stuff I might listen to once every 10 - 12 years. These albums might get listened to once every 4 - 5 years. I don't dislike ACDC but I just don't like them much either. Just prefer not to listen to them.

I can always appreciate an honest answer lol and it's cool you didn't completely slam them ;) haha

Thanks - and not trying to slam them either. Just not a big fan. Once upon a time, many years ago, I must have liked them some because I do have a number of their albums. Just changed and moved on. Glad you like them. oh - and I agree that cover is simple in in that simplicity it is sort of cool. Enjoy!!

• Like 1