Genius at work!

losingit2k

Here's a thought that no one has yet pondered! Do you think RUSH surrounded the Clockwork Angels Songs with the 80's songs cause they weren't as Hard Rocking than the Clockwork Angels songs? Consequently, making the Clockwork Angels songs sound ever more powerful! I think that was genius!

:o

Discuss:

• Like 1

Definitely possible; the new stuff that they played did pop when I saw them last compared to the 80s tracks like Grand Designs. I also think that they just like to pull stuff out of the vault that they haven't played for a while to keep themselves interested.

"Genius? To me, you are a genius. To O'Malley, you are a genius, but to a genius, you are no genius."

• Like 3

I think they pick songs that they want to play and won't get bored of playing over the long haul, i am not so sure that they actually factor in how heavy or light the songs are....

but, as much as I am thrilled that they are still touring and playing so well, i gotta say I am really missing some of the all time live favorites like freewill, trees, xanadu, natural science, La Villa, Hemispheres....

I listened to the AFTK version of Xanadu the other day....just laid back on my couch, closed my eyes and listened at high volume....man, i am dying to hear it live once again....

I really hope Xanadu gets brought back before they decide to hang em up for good...

• Like 3

All I'm saying is that the CA stuff might and I say (might) have not sounded as incredible if it were surrounded with this setlist:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Limelight

Driven (with Bass Solo)

Stick it Out

Red Barchetta

Jacob's Ladder

Mal-Nar

The Analog Kid

Freewill

Working Man

Set 2:

Clockowrk Angels Songs

Natural Science

YYZ / The Percussor (Drum Solo)

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Clockwork Angels section emensely. I just think I would have not have enjoyedit as much, if surrounded by the much heavier songs! Of Course the concert would have been incredible! Anyway, we'll find out on the next tour!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

• Like 1

I do agree that they two sets off-set eachother, but I feel there is also a sense of connection to them, particularly power windows which I see (along with Test for Echo) as kind of hiding in CA, something about the energy and variety in each song.
  • Like 1

Losingit stop making excuses to make setlists.

Once again I've benn found out! You have to admit that would be one hell of a setlist!

:laughing guy:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

It will be cool when this tour is finally over so people will stop talking about the GD set list... I'm getting a headache reading about it. As long as Rush is still touring, I'll be glad to see and hear them play ANY set list.

It will be cool when this tour is finally over so people will stop talking about the GD set list... I'm getting a headache reading about it. As long as Rush is still touring, I'll be glad to see and hear them play ANY set list.

How about this setlist then:

Set 1:

The Big Wheel

Good News First

Hand Over First

BU2B2

Tai Shan

Dog Years

Speed of Love

Carve Away the Stone

Out of the Cradle

You Bet Your Life

Se 2:

Virtuality

Lessons

I think I'm Going Bald

Emotion Detector

For What its Worth

Shapes of Things

Anagram (For Mongo)

The Stars Look Down

The Destructor (Drum Solo)

Alex's Solo/Rivendell

In The End

High Water

Encore:

The Fountain of Lamneth

:cool:

• Like 2

Losingit stop making excuses to make setlists.

LOL! He'll be making setlists until they play "Losing It" live...keep dreaming L2K!!

Like L2K, I believe that we have the perfect marriage between the 80's stuff and the CA material. What an great setlist! I just love the entire show!!!

:ebert: :) :madra:

• Like 1

Nah - I just think they have been itching to revisit the synth era for a while and saw this tour as a good opportunity.

I also think Geddys vocals were a major consideration.

I'm in agreement here...Ged's vocals have to be a concern for the group...the new songs and the 80's era is perfect for where he is in terms of his limitations. I'm really gald they went that direction because the contrast is so amazing...laid back to kicking your ass!!!
  • Like 1

Nah - I just think they have been itching to revisit the synth era for a while and saw this tour as a good opportunity.

I'm in agreement here...Ged's vocals have to be a concern for the group...the new songs and the 80's era is perfect for where he is in terms of his limitations. I'm really gald they went that direction because the contrast is so amazing...laid back to kicking your ass!!!

To Protect Geddy's Voice they should throw down the Instrumental Tour (Songs with Vocals are Highlighted).

Set 1:

Instrumedley:

Finding My Way/ By-Tor & The Snow Dog/ The Necromancer/ A Passage to Bangkok/ Cygnus X-1/ Hemipshere (Prelude) Freewill)

Limelight

Caravan

Where's My Thing?

Leave that Thing Alone

Main Monkey Business

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Set 2;

Archives Instrumedley:

What You're Doing/ Working Man/ Anthem/ Fly By Night/ Beneath, Between & Behind/ Bastile Day/ No One at the Bridge/ Bastile Day-Ending)

Far Cry

The Anarchist

Carnies

New Instrumental #1

New Instrumental #2

Red Barchetta

Jacob's Ladder

Mal-Nar

Driven (With bass Solo)

Headlong Flight

YYZ / (Drum Solo including Didacts & Narpits)

Hope / Closer to the Heart (Extended)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiattio

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

To Protect Geddy's Voice they should throw down the Instrumental Tour (Songs with Vocals are Highlighted).

Set 1:

Instrumedley:

Finding My Way/ By-Tor & The Snow Dog/ The Necromancer/ A Passage to Bangkok/ Cygnus X-1/ Hemipshere (Prelude) Freewill)

Limelight

Caravan

Where's My Thing?

Leave that Thing Alone

Main Monkey Business

Limbo

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Set 2;

Archives Instrumedley:

What You're Doing/ Working Man/ Anthem/ Fly By Night/ Beneath, Between & Behind/ Bastile Day/ No One at the Bridge/ Bastile Day-Ending)

Far Cry

The Anarchist

Carnies

New Instrumental #1

New Instrumental #2

Red Barchetta

Jacob's Ladder

Mal-Nar

Driven (With bass Solo)

Headlong Flight

YYZ / (Drum Solo including Didacts & Narpits)

Hope / Closer to the Heart (Extended)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiattio

Nice that you got Didacts in there...a forgotten little ditty, or whatever it is
  • Like 1

I just noticed that Losingit included the tags Not What You Expect and then started talking about the setlist. Isn't that to be expected from him?

I didn't think of it that way. Sir you are a genius!

:16ton:

I loved the CA material. It's cool to hear fresh material live. I think the CA material propped up some of the stale classics. ;)
  • Like 1