Name a Band...

Akron162

I dont know, i thought it would be fun.

If you could have a band (or if you have a band) what would be his name and what would be his genre and style?

Me?

I would like to have a very heavy and introspective band with crazy sounds and long songs, ala Tool meets Yes.

And i would give it a very simple and ominous name like "Luminarium" or something cheesy like that.

So, what about you?

I'm(sorta) in a Godspeed You! Black Emperor style band right now with my friends. For those who don't know GY!BE is a Post-Rock/Drone/Ambient/Noise/Classical band. I would name my band The Sky Is Transparent...or something pretentious like that.

I don't play any instruments seriously, but I'd love to be in a band that plays crazy psychedelic music (like Gong). Also, we'd write awesome concept albums. (I already have one called "Unanswered Questions" already planned out, although I envisioned that as more of a space prog album, with heavy overtones.)

As far as band name, Mushroom Sword is pretty awesome :haz:

• Like 1

I don't play any instruments seriously, but I'd love to be in a band that plays crazy psychedelic music (like Gong). Also, we'd write awesome concept albums. (I already have one called "Unanswered Questions" already planned out, although I envisioned that as more of a space prog album, with heavy overtones.)

Really? that sounds kinda interesting. What you have on the album? I mean you got music and lyrics, or just the concept itself? What it is about (besides "unanswered questions", of course)?

Dude that would be amazing!

Hard rock/metal band called Apex Predator. Was watching a nature show one time and the narrator mentioned that the Grizzly was the "apex predator" in Alaska or maybe it was the lion on the Serengeti but whatever, when I heard the words "apex predator" I immediately thought "what a GREAT name for a band". Edited by driventotheedge

Hard rock/metal band called Apex Predator. Was watching a nature show one time and the narrator mentioned that the Grizzly was the "apex predator" in Alaska or maybe it was the lion on the Serengeti but whatever, when I heard the words "apex predator" I immediately thought "what a GREAT name for a band".

Its really cool, no doubt.

Hard rock/metal band called Apex Predator. Was watching a nature show one time and the narrator mentioned that the Grizzly was the "apex predator" in Alaska or maybe it was the lion on the Serengeti but whatever, when I heard the words "apex predator" I immediately thought "what a GREAT name for a band".

Its really cool, no doubt.

Thanks. I searched it on the internet and some unknown/unsigned thrash band from New York state took the name a couple of years ago, well after I thought of it. Because of that, I am guessing it could no longer be used though if they remain unsigned maybe it could. Doesn't matter as I am not forming a band this week LOL. Here's a link to 5 songs of theirs. http://www.myspace.c...expredatormetal Like a lot of bands nowadays, I like them musically but hate the lyrical growling rather than singing thing.

Edited by driventotheedge

Really? that sounds kinda interesting. What you have on the album? I mean you got music and lyrics, or just the concept itself? What it is about (besides "unanswered questions", of course)?

No I've just sort of thought through the concept. :P

The lyrics would be questions throughout life that are never answered (at least at the time) such as a child's questions about where babies come from, or a teenagers questioning of religion.

Also, there would be some epic instrumental sections in the vein of Echoes (Pink Floyd) :haz:

No I've just sort of thought through the concept. :P

The lyrics would be questions throughout life that are never answered (at least at the time) such as a child's questions about where babies come from, or a teenagers questioning of religion.

Also, there would be some epic instrumental sections in the vein of Echoes (Pink Floyd) :haz:

Pretty cool.

Hare Trigger... :guitar: :haz: :huh: why not!! :LOL: Edited by softfilter

back in high school me and my buddies were going to form a band with 3 lead guitars, much before Iron Maiden did it. Problem was, only one of us knew how to play guitar. We would call ourselves "Al Verde", which is a very loose translation of Dire Straits. I had conceived a rock opera based on a suite by Federico Garcia Lorca. Truly prog stuff!!

During the endless games of D&D I came up with another idea for a band, a truly technical metal band inspired by 70s Crimson and Rush. The headline was: "heavier, hotter, faster". The name of the band was to be "Skif", which is another wordplay on the italian "sucks" or "filth". Many years later, when I heard Opeth, it was like: yeah, this is what I had in mind...

back in high school me and my buddies were going to form a band with 3 lead guitars, much before Iron Maiden did it. Problem was, only one of us knew how to play guitar. We would call ourselves "Al Verde", which is a very loose translation of Dire Straits. I had conceived a rock opera based on a suite by Federico Garcia Lorca. Truly prog stuff!!

During the endless games of D&D I came up with another idea for a band, a truly technical metal band inspired by 70s Crimson and Rush. The headline was: "heavier, hotter, faster". The name of the band was to be "Skif", which is another wordplay on the italian "sucks" or "filth". Many years later, when I heard Opeth, it was like: yeah, this is what I had in mind...

Al Verde literally means "to the green". It would have been funny.

Yeah, those are cool ideas.

Al Verde literally means "to the green". It would have been funny.

Yeah, those are cool ideas.

"Essere al verde" is slang for "We got no money". Back then Dire Straits sounded cool because of the sound of the words, but less and less kids with 1st-grade-english could get the exact meaning. I remember when my buddy told me what it meant I went "oh, bummer". :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Ressurecting the thread because I just thought of a new "project": an emo band that uses flamenco guitars. We´re called HisPanic! At the Disco.http://24.media.tumblr.com/aa22413c6b75f954a4f21d80f4e243d6/tumblr_mihmebrCkX1r41unfo1_500.gif
  • Like 1